You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wolfswetpaws

Encountered a new German CV in game

13 comments in this topic

[WPORT]
Members
5,484 posts
10,518 battles

Encountered a new German CV in game, earlier today.

It was an "early access" being played by someone on the opposing team.  I didn't get the chance to view it closely.

I'll try to enclose a replay.

20200614_163712_PJSA106-Ryujo_23_Shards.wowsreplay

Members
2,891 posts
36,702 battles
14 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Encountered a new German CV in game, earlier today.

It was an "early access" being played by someone on the opposing team.  I didn't get the chance to view it closely.

I'll try to enclose a replay.

20200614_163712_PJSA106-Ryujo_23_Shards.wowsreplay

I can't see the replay, but might it be the Rhein?

[WPORT]
Members
5,484 posts
10,518 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I can't see the replay, but might it be the Rhein?

Nope.   
It was Tier-6.  But not listed in the Wiki, yet.

226442604_EncounteredanewGermanCVingametoday_06-14-2020_.thumb.jpg.337ebd6b7ec5395c16cf05685ac10226.jpg

[TF16B]
Modder
649 posts
799 battles

Yes, the full name escapes me but it’s currently in testing. The description says it was the forerunner to the Graft Z. The camo and planes look very nice. Give me about an hour and I can get the full name unless someone beats me to it.

Update: Erich Lowenhardt

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

I eagerly await for the Mini-me version of Graf Zeppelin... lol.

[TF16B]
Modder
649 posts
799 battles
44 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I eagerly await for the Mini-me version of Graf Zeppelin... lol.

I believe the 2ndary beast that the GZ is, will be particular to that ship, not the whole line but we'll find out soon enough!

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
5 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

I believe the 2ndary beast that the GZ is, will be particular to that ship, not the whole line but we'll find out soon enough!

Yes, I heard that the upcoming German CV's most likely will not have monstrous Secondaries, unlike how Graf Zeppelin does. IMHO, it's a pity... but as you said, we'll see. :fish_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
71 posts
22,585 battles

Just played against a TX german cv... Cancer redefined. 120+ planes shot down, still could send out squads at half health. Far and away, DD gameplay can be crushed with it with the insta spotting. Also, noted it has no issue blowing a Kremlin outta the water. Yay, new cancer...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
52 posts
6,008 battles
1 hour ago, SPAPtasticles said:

Just played against a TX german cv... Cancer redefined. 120+ planes shot down, still could send out squads at half health. Far and away, DD gameplay can be crushed with it with the insta spotting. Also, noted it has no issue blowing a Kremlin outta the water. Yay, new cancer...

No proof, is this fake news or a player whining about small planes again. Play the F.D, Roosevelt. News says there planes are fast and don't die like vampire bats. :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Members
44 posts
542 battles

The Erin Lockhart (insert harry potter theme here) is supposed to have AP rockets, the standard German torpedoes, and he bombs unlike all the other German carriers. It is supposed to be the premium t6. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,057 posts
4,376 battles
On 6/14/2020 at 10:06 PM, SPAPtasticles said:

Also, noted it has no issue blowing a Kremlin outta the water.

Isn't that a good thing?

:SerB:

• Funny 1

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
71 posts
22,585 battles
On 6/15/2020 at 1:17 AM, PugsOfSteel said:

No proof, is this fake news or a player whining about small planes again. Play the F.D, Roosevelt. News says there planes are fast and don't die like vampire bats. :Smile_popcorn:

FDR? Eh, too situational based on what I've heard from players and seen myself in match, I'll stick with my Midway.  

When you get to high tier matches, you tend to see a lot more TX carriers and ST's. The DE TX CV happens to be one. Ran into two back to back actually on Red team. one was in a clan community I used to be a part of. It's not whining, just noting that outside the HakAP level of bombs (for BB cit dmg), the Germans will flood the map with near insta spotting and the meta will shift hard away from DD's again. The problem wasn't necessarily with their planes being able to be swatted or not, it's that at literally, 120 planes shot down; he was still fielding half-health squads with abandon (shoot down all planes, next squad is back up). Hak and Midway can't do that. What it *WILL* mean is that DDs in such a match will not cap, not contest, and likely refrain from doing DD things. If the game was looking for a way to shift more players away from DD play, this definitely helps out. 

Edited by SPAPtasticles