You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GIN_Pirate

Super intendant

17 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
38 posts
1,811 battles

Hello, is super intendant still a viable skill to pick or would you pick something else sinds the consumable upgrade?

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles

It depends on the ship and what it has for consumables. 

What ship? 

Members
3,584 posts
12,964 battles

Still a good pick. It does heavily depend on how capable the player is at staying alive. 

edit: also ofc on the consumable loadout of the particular ship, like ducky says

Edited by Rollingonit

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles

It is generally a safe pick for any ship that has consumables that are limited. That extra use can be a life saver.

Edited by BrushWolf

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles

very ship dependent and how you play.

If you are aggressive in a tanky ship you will want SI for the extra heal or for example myself and a few others in my clan dont use SI on british dd because we would rather take BFT to increase main gun reload to win dd fights.

its very situational for certain playstyles on different ships but at the same time its generally used alot for captain builds of which you take a lot of damage requiring an extra heal or another radar consumable.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,775 battles

It's good for 2 types of consumables: heals and radar. These two consumables are so powerful that having an extra one can be game changing. Also for Soviet battleships with limited Dam Con, SI is also a must.

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles

Superintendent is the the first 3-point skill I normally take, except with CV's (which need Aircraft Armor and Survivability Expert beforehand).

For DD's, BB's, Cruisers and Submarines the skill of Superintendent gives them more chances to do their thing or stay in the fight longer, depending upon the consumable.

• Cool 1

[BSL]
Members
1,202 posts
20,878 battles

Not necessary now that premium consumables are standard.  Unusual conditions like Soviet BB heal and extra smoke for Kutzov and Smolensk are the exception.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Not necessary now that premium consumables are standard.  Unusual conditions like Soviet BB heal and extra smoke for Kutzov and Smolensk are the exception.

While not necessary having an extra heal, radar, or hydro beyond what premium gives can be extremely useful.

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,344 battles
58 minutes ago, GIN_Pirate said:

Hello, is super intendant still a viable skill to pick or would you pick something else sinds the consumable upgrade?

I usually take it, but I'm a pretty conservative player, so I'm often alive late in the match and the happy to have all the consumables I can muster. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles
7 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I usually take it, but I'm a pretty conservative player, so I'm often alive late in the match and the happy to have all the consumables I can muster. 

This

[O_O]
Members
38 posts
1,811 battles

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was talking about bb's.

But I guess an extra radar or aa defensive can be very useful.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,088 battles

I take it on almost everything. No brainer on anything with a heal. Some people say the 3 points isn't worth it for the 5th heal you don't always use. But that last heal, when you need it, is usually the difference in the game. Compared to what I could take (I can predict torps, so Vigilance isn't great, BFT is useless on a BB, ditto SE), it's definitely worth it. Same with smoke. If you have smoke chances are you need it to be effective. That extra smoke in the late game can be crucial, allowing you to hide or finish someone off. Same with radar, trying to chase a DD down to end the game? Yeah, you'll want that extra charge. I also think this applies to any reload booster. Those seem to go quick, always useful to have another one.

Perhaps the most useful is on the GA and MA. They both have very fast reloading heals, and are meant to brawl. It's not unusual to go through all 5 very quickly, and that 5th one is very essential. SI is more essential on those two ships than really any other. And on RU BBs you're going to want that last damage control, and with limited heals SI is even more useful.

My mentality is I'd rather have it and not need it, especially as there aren't any other great choices. But if you play hard so you never get to the bottom of the pile, then you may not need SI.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
2 hours ago, GIN_Pirate said:

It is very ship dependent.  On ships with radar or limited smoke, it is very advantageous.  The same can be said for heals.  The extra heal can be the difference between life and death at the end of a long match.  If the extra consumable gives you a number that you will never reach in most games, then it isn't so valuable.

[META_]
Members
1,230 posts
16,066 battles

Like others have said it is ship dependant.... Some ships are built on gimmicks.. Some are not... If it's a gimmick ship yes.... If it's strong without  gimmicks I use the points elsewhere 

[-KIA-]
Members
3,471 posts
14,816 battles

SI on a BB is IMO a must have. 1 more heal allows you to be more aggressive / less punished for doing small mistake. 

SI overall is a good skill to take on ship with heal, but as for DD, it all comes down to preferences:

-For Daring I treat heal as a tool that is here if needed but I try not to rely on it and play her like a DD without heal so I don't take SI

-For EU DD, they have no smoke so no real way to disengage and if you face a CV with brain, he'll just delete you if you don't use your heal which is why I take SI for the extra heal

[-RNG-]
Members
57 posts
7,063 battles

Not sure what you need super nintendo on your ship for