You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Thunderer or Georgia?

12 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
867 posts

I think it's time to buy a BB.  I'm a cruiser player, so the only other BB I have at a high tier is Musashi.  My plan is to use the new coupon and coal.  So that narrows it down to Thunderer or Georgia.  Any advice would be helpful. 

I am kind of leaning toward the Thunderer since I don't have a tier X BB.  How is credit earning potential on each of them?  Either of them open to nerfs?  

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

Afaik credit earning in premiums goes like this:

Missouri>Ships with Kobayashi camo> tier IX premiums> tier VIII premiums= tier X premiums. 

The tier Xs just got a reduced repair cost and the permacamo to work with. 

Still, I don't think it's that much a question of credit earning, as to which playstyle you might prefer.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,713 battles

Thunderer is a sniper. Most accurate guns.

Fire starter with massive he damage. AP on broadsides is good.

Georgia secondary build. Wait to push in mid game.

[WOLFG]
Members
131 posts
9,483 battles

I have both and they are good ships, but different. The Thunderer is a fairly standard BB with great guns - they can punish anything giving you a broadside or start a fire on anything bow tanking. Georgia is more unique, good guns but only 6, however with speed boost it is hilariously fast and has fantastic secondaries. Can be really good, but you have to watch being isolated if you speed away from the rest of the team. No bad choices for you.

[BNKR]
Members
1,624 posts
2,516 battles

I play better in Georgia. The speed and secondaries make her hilarious, and she can get out of a bad spot in a hurry. Get the coal speed boost module and have a blast. 

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

When I first got the Thunderer it hit great... got many cits but I would bet u a dollar they quietly nerfed it because its not the same.  Just my feeling about it now. 

Members
271 posts
5,108 battles

I would say Georgia is more versatile. Her main guns are pretty accurate as well, but her secondaries are what really make her shine. Not only can she go almost 40km/h with speed boost, but she also has a fast reload repair party for pushing in.

Can't go wrong with either option, but for me Georgia offers a BB gameplay that is entirely unique from any other ship I've played, and works in almost any scenario

[SLDS]
Members
61 posts
6,495 battles

Both are good and fun ships, but since you asked at the end if they are open to nerfs I should tell you that Thunderer is “special” not “premium” and as such can be nerfed even without it being a global nerf.

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts
9 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Thunderer is a sniper. Most accurate guns.

Fire starter with massive he damage. AP on broadsides is good.

Georgia secondary build. Wait to push in mid game.

Good summary. Lots of posts on this topic lately with good info. Read up and let us know what you decide.

[-OG-]
Members
283 posts
7,722 battles

I have both and my suggestion is Thunderer.

Georgia is a great ship in her own right, she's fast, has good secondaries, decent armour, guns are accurate all around she's a good boat. However, to me, Thunderer is the better of the two. This isn't to say Georgia is bad or that Thunderer is superior in [this] category, therefore, it's better but here's my opinion why. When I play a battleship I want my main battery guns to be my bread and butter, this is why I feel that Thunderer is better than Georgia, she has better primary armament. Thunderer's guns have longer range, reload faster, and she has more of them. Not to mention that Thunderer has amazing AP and HE so getting into a situation where you're incapable of damaging the enemy is rare. I have a ton of experience in my British Battleships so I'm far more familiar with the Thunderer's maneuverability then Georgia's. If I'm being honest Thunderer is what I wanted the British BB line to be like, great AP, great HE, very maneuverable and enough armour to angle with for a close-in fight. Thunderer is my dream ship so you should expect my bias to be prevalent throughout my recommendation.

Final summary:

Thunderer

Pros: Better main battery, more maneuverable, armour is good if you know how to angle it. Cons: Slower, very small HP for a T10 BB, No super heal but an improved one, very squishy for Yamato's/GK secondaries and HE spammers.

Georgia

Pros: Very fast, good AA, great secondaries, more usable armour, very accurate 18" guns but only six of them with a 26s reload. Cons: 26s reload is average, only six guns, HE is practically useless, building for secondaries makes you very vulnerable to HE spam, very sluggish rudder shift time 20s.