You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

Operation I Have Returned

17 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

Hi, some of you guys may know me but I left this game a few months back right after the European destroyers were dropped. I recently re-downloaded the game and I was wondering if you guys could help catch me up on what has happened over the past few months. Thank you. 

[WORX]
Members
10,603 posts
18,506 battles
9 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Hi, some of you guys may know me but I left this game a few months back right after the European destroyers were dropped. I recently re-downloaded the game and I was wondering if you guys could help catch me up on what has happened over the past few months. Thank you. 

Simple concept without getting into the details...

High Tier Power creep.

Disproportional CVs

Submarines!!!

Mid and low tiers are still intact..

Amazing Dock Yard Graphics/art.

Russian bias controversy.

That is it mainly..

Welcome Back

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
4 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

This just reminds me of how annoyed I am that WG doesn't track patch notes in an easy to consume way.

A few months ago, I wanted to make a timeline of all ship releases... patch "notes" made this nearly impossible to aggregate without looking at every patch individually.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Big thing is some rather overpowered Russian cruisers have been added that now allow 12km Radar to be used on tier 8-10 cruisers and also means if you play ships tiers 6-10 you will face the 12km Radar.

Herman CV line has been seen being tested in Random battles and should be released within 3 months I would say.

Shikishima IJN BB was just added this update in the Armory for 32,000 Steel and carries 20 inch guns in 3 dual turrets, and has what appears to be rather good AA defenses pm and used a Yamato hull.

There have been some new German Super Cruisers and a BB added, the Odin being one of these and is in a dockyard event.

Premium consumables are now the new standard free consumables which has helped the in game economy.

And some maps as you have or will notice have been adjusted.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

Aw man, I missed so many opportunities to get free stuff and now I'm sad :Smile_amazed:

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

Why is it whenever I leave that Wargaming starts handing out free stuff like candy? 

[SALVO]
Members
4,336 posts
3,773 battles
6 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Why is it whenever I leave that Wargaming starts handing out free stuff like candy? 

Not much free stuff besides the russian cruiser event. And in that one it was only a crappy tier V premium you should have anyways if you had Kirov researched. If you had Moskva now it is a special ship. If you were lucky enough you could also had the tier 8 tech tree Tallin, the rest was pay 2 get.

Subs are in live testing now in their special mode, If you wanna try it. Sub mode doesn't mess your stats and has bonus rewards for 5 matches a day.

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,457 battles
1 hour ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Getting free stuff has become RNG based for the most part. You earn the containers and then they, roll the dice for the amount of tokens earned in the crate, usually it's 5 but it could be 300 or 10 or 20 but mostly it rolls 5's. Free stuff also involves spending some real money now.

Subs have made their debut.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Not much free stuff besides the russian cruiser event. And in that one it was only a crappy tier V premium you should have anyways if you had Kirov researched. If you had Moskva now it is a special ship. If you were lucky enough you could also had the tier 8 tech tree Tallin, the rest was pay 2 get.

Subs are in live testing now in their special mode, If you wanna try it. Sub mode doesn't mess your stats and has bonus rewards for 5 matches a day.

33 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Getting free stuff has become RNG based for the most part. You earn the containers and then they, roll the dice for the amount of tokens earned in the crate, usually it's 5 but it could be 300 or 10 or 20 but mostly it rolls 5's. Free stuff also involves spending some real money now.

Subs have made their debut.

Nice to see some familiar faces around. I had the Kirov researched before the event. It's sad to see that this game has become even more about RNGsus.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,976 posts
23,775 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Big thing is some rather overpowered Russian cruisers have been added that now allow 12km Radar to be used on tier 8-10 cruisers and also means if you play ships tiers 6-10 you will face the 12km Radar.

This may come as a surprise to people but 12km Radar below Tier X existed prior to the new RU Cruisers.

They're called Chapayev in Tier VIII, and Dmitri Donskoi in Tier IX.  Both had 12km Radar long before the RU Cruiser Split ever happened.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Surveillance_Radar

Chapayev also had Stealth Radar capability from a very long time ago.

I've been seeing people comment around the boards about "the new Russian Long Range Radar!" and all kinds of stuff, and they're all wrong.  There's even people surprised that there's "now" 12km Radar when that's been in the game for years and years.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
18 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This may come as a surprise to people but 12km Radar below Tier X existed prior to the new RU Cruisers.

They're called Chapayev in Tier VIII, and Dmitri Donskoi in Tier IX.  Both had 12km Radar long before the RU Cruiser Split ever happened.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Surveillance_Radar

Chapayev also had Stealth Radar capability from a very long time ago.

I've been seeing people comment around the boards about "the new Russian Long Range Radar!" and all kinds of stuff, and they're all wrong.  There's even people surprised that there's "now" 12km Radar when that's been in the game for years and years.

Yep, I remember. 

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

The armory is really laggy for me for some reason. :Smile_sceptic:

[HINON]
Members
13,236 posts
37 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This has been confusing for me. Are these players just used to seeing those ships using their radar so infrequently that they forgot about it?

[A-I-M]
Members
3,019 posts
13,269 battles
1 hour ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Operation I Have Returned.

Actually that’s not a bad idea: An operation to support an Amphib landing, clear the way so X number of landing ships drive onto the beach. One of the stars could be earned by getting MacArthur’s land craft safely to shore.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,976 posts
23,775 battles
39 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

This has been confusing for me. Are these players just used to seeing those ships using their radar so infrequently that they forgot about it?

At least for NA server, it's probably because of how less played Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi are compared to other more popular Radar Cruisers (see USN) in their tiers.

1st Quarter 2020 NA Server Battles Played stats for some Radar Cruisers of High Tier.

VIII Chapayev 157,054

IX Dmitri Donskoi 163,894 - This number last quarter is inflated as people caught on that they need to grind on D.Donskoi to get XPs on her for upcoming Al.Nevsky or grinding to get Moskva before Moskva became a Premium Ship.  4th Quarter 2019, she logged only 90,918 Battles.

IX Premium Super Cruiser Kronshtadt 33,941

X Moskva 177,432

X Premium Super Cruiser (Steel Ship) Stalingrad 70,074

VIII Baltimore 195,525

VIII Cleveland 239,146

IX Buffalo 157,147

IX Premium Super Cruiser Alaska 182,400

X Des Moines 350,987

X Premium Super Cruiser Puerto Rico 139,612

X Worcester 165,075

The old RU Radar Cruisers were played less.  You were a lot more likely to find a USN Radar Cruiser than a Russian one.  Maybe people got more used to dealing with things they saw all the time, i.e. "normal" 9km (Cleveland, Worcester) or 10km Radar (Baltimore, Des Moines).

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1