You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Parliament_Funkadelic

From Russia With Love

22 comments in this topic

Members
7,122 posts
22,647 battles

Sip vodka comrades, our density is here. 14/24 ships RU. Twelve radars, nine of which are 12km.

First non ranked in awhile. First in the new tier ten RU cruiser. I left thinking …. why would I ever play anything else. Fast, agile, fast reload, 92 AA rating, 12km radar, hydro and lazers for guns. Edit, forgot 8k torps in case I get to close......

Cpdqrpu.png

Edited by Joyous_Vibes
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

It pretty much looks like this after every new line release.

In this case, there's two "new" ships (Moskva, sorta, and obviously Nevsky).

If you want some serious amazing matchmaking, play lower tiers after a new line release...

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
13,217 posts
20,079 battles

The Nevsky is a tier 10 Kutuzov... IF I were a BB player I would be mad as an American right now...

HE slinging from 19km with great accuracy (thanks to being the only cruiser in the tier with AP/HE shell velocity of  1,000M/s).

BB tears galore

Members
7,122 posts
22,647 battles
7 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

It pretty much looks like this after every new line release.

In this case, there's two "new" ships (Moskva, sorta, and obviously Nevsky).

If you want some serious amazing matchmaking, play lower tiers after a new line release...

Even taking away the new ships and Moskva's it leaves 6/16 RU. But I do understand why there are more than normal. The new ship felt incredibly strong. I went with rudder and range, I am guessing reload module could be even crazier. It felt too strong.

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles

It's a good time to take a break from playing DD. My Thunderer enjoys it though...

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

The Nevsky is a tier 10 Kutuzov... IF I were a BB player I would be mad as an American right now...

HE slinging from 19km with great accuracy (thanks to being the only cruiser in the tier with AP/HE shell velocity of  1,000M/s).

BB tears galore

The Nevsky doesn't have smoke.....(which is what ultimately sets the Kutuzov apart from other long range HE spammers like the Bayard and Mainz)

Edited by yashma

[WORX]
Members
13,217 posts
20,079 battles
27 minutes ago, yashma said:

The Nevsky doesn't have smoke.....(which is what utility sets the Kutuzov apart from other long range HE spammers like the Bayard and Mainz)

You can play the KUTUZOV as if it doesn't have smoke... The Nevsky, has the best shell velocity for cruisers in the tier... It has a 4km gun range adv. over the DM and 6 KM over the Smolensk.

Only the Yoshino and some other cruiser top the 20+km and above range (with less shell velocity for both). It doesn't change the threat.. This ship is a KUTUZOV w/o smoke at tier 10.

Get it before, the nerf hammer hits after  BB drivers complain of the long range HE/fire-slinger.

Edited by Navalpride33

[SGSS]
Members
6,206 posts
1 hour ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Sip vodka comrades, our density is here. 14/24 ships RU. Twelve radars, nine of which are 12km.

First non ranked in awhile. First in the new tier ten RU cruiser. I left thinking …. why would I ever play anything else. Fast, agile, fast reload, 92 AA rating, 12km radar, hydro and lazers for guns. Edit, forgot 8k torps in case I get to close......

Cpdqrpu.png

This is why its really hard to not just spend money but log in.

Every map is the same, every Russian BB is all but impervoise to he shells.  Russian never miss because the guns fire perfictily.

Why bring anything but a Russian ship?

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,461 posts
10,717 battles

Ranked was nothing but sinop ad naseum. 

out of 4 bbs per side, 3 were sinops. 

To see a ship like Gneisanau coming at a sinop bow-on to attempt a torpedo run...and all the time the gneisanau is firing at the sinop's turrets to try and knock them out because there is NO other way it can deal any damage to it... meanwhile sinop is somehow, magically, landing 10k hits on the GN's bow nonstop.... you start to see how these bias ships just easymode the wins. 

Funnier still, I've had the pleasure of running a duke of york against the sinops... and watch them cry and whine about the HE wenchslapping it kept giving them. Its a spiritual experience to see bias op ships crying about being hurt by another broken and half-brained designed mechanic that bypasses their fantasy bias armor and doesn't care about angles or range. It almost made me buy Thunderer .... but I retain my coal for the subs that will come in the future... torps are much more satisfying a way to sink soviet ships. 

• Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,477 posts
15,285 battles

Russian Bias in a nutshell:  when a new Russian ship is created, it is created extremely overpowered, taking the best aspects from other lines and putting them in to one boat.  After a bit of testing, they get toned down a bit to just overpowered. 

Other lines are not seemingly allowed to be overpowered at all, and any aspects that would even be sort of considered that way, are watered down before release.  If by mistake, an aspect is too effective, its hit with the nerf bat pretty hard.  While there are a few that slip through...Georgia. Alaska, etc..no line is so consistently effective from top to bottom as the Russian BB and CA lines.  It is hard to even think of a bad Russian ship, other than the DDs I guess that are just OK..but were made before Russian bias really kicked in.

Just think...if you could create a 7 man team using only 1 nation...any tier, no CVs.  Would you really take anything but Russian boats?  Probably not.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

You can play the KUTUZOV as if it doesn't have smoke... The Nevsky, has the best shell velocity for cruisers in the tier... It has a 4km gun range adv. over the DM and 6 KM over the Smolensk.

Only the Yoshino and some other cruiser top the 20+km and above range (with less shell velocity for both). It doesn't change the threat.. This ship is a KUTUZOV w/o smoke at tier 10.

Get it before, the nerf hammer hits after  BB drivers complain of the long range HE/fire-slinger.

There is more to a ship than range and muzzle velocity...and the Nevsky isn't really comparable in play style to the Des Moines or Kutuzov.  *The smoke is what gives the Kutuzov its identity and is the primary thing that actually makes it OP.  Without smoke it's basically just an Irian with extra range and worse torps.  

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
96 posts
9,032 battles

Eyyy, that was a fun match ^_^

Keep in mind that this sorta thing always happens when new stuff is released.  People just wanna try out their new shippus and things normalize after a bit.  Currently, you have a ton of peeps who just got Nevsky and/or Moskva, so you’ll see them everywhere until the ‘honeymoon period’ wears off.  The same thing is gonna happen soontm when the KMS carriers drop, so be ready for that hellscape:upside_down_smiley: xoxo

[PRVTR]
Members
1,137 posts
6,298 battles
On 6/14/2020 at 6:17 AM, Navalpride33 said:

BB tears galore

Exactly why I have joined Glorious Yeet Fleet, comrade. So I, I mean, WE, can come together in this glorious display of the might of Soviet Russia

URAAAAA

:SerB:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,839 posts
25,945 battles

Every time there's a new line release, new split, it's like this.  The queues get stacked up with the new ships as people are trying them out or working up the new lines / split lines.

It was like this with USN Cruiser Split, but people forget that.  You had DD players proclaiming years ago the game was unplayable and doomed because of all the USN Radar Cruisers.

It was like this with the introduction of French Battleships, but people forget that.

It was like this with the introduction of Royal Navy Battleships, but people forget that.

It's like this when an entire new line comes out.  Lots of ITA Cruisers not too long ago, but people forget that and instead try to use the "Russian Bias" angle again with the new RU Cruisers.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,839 posts
25,945 battles
On 6/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, yashma said:

There is more to a ship than range and muzzle velocity...and the Nevsky isn't really comparable in play style to the Des Moines or Kutuzov.  *The smoke is what gives the Kutuzov its identity and is the primary thing that actually makes it OP.  Without smoke it's basically just an Irian with extra range and worse torps.  

Kutuzov without Smoke isn't as scary and as you said, it's an Irian without that consumable.

Which is why you saw no threads complaining about how OP Irian was.

Also, Tier VIII Chapayev has the same gunnery basically... 12 of the same 152mm RU Railguns, yet nobody really complains about her, except for DD players.  But Cruiser and BB players don't pick Chapayev out as a significant threat.  She has fantastic CL Gunnery but like Irian, Schors, Dmitri Donskoi, she's not as threatening in the general player base POV.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
On 6/14/2020 at 9:08 AM, Joyous_Vibes said:

Sip vodka comrades, our density is here.

“Density?” Maybe “destiny?”

Maybe you’ve been at the vodka already?

Members
7,122 posts
22,647 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

“Density?” Maybe “destiny?”

Maybe you’ve been at the vodka already?

Thank you! although you don't even get it...… Density.... get it.... 14 out of 24..... and even better, It staggers me how much my brain waves are so righteous.....

See the source image

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
38 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Thank you! although you don't even get it...… Density.... get it.... 14 out of 24..... and even better, It staggers me how much my brain waves are so righteous.....

See the source image

Look, I “got” the usage of “density” I guessed you weren’t using it intentionally.

And McFly meant “destiny”, as well.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,995 battles
On 6/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, Dath_1 said:

It's a good time to take a break from playing DD. My Thunderer enjoys it though...

Not only you. Noticing a drop in DD play at the high tiers. Players also switching to DDs that are effective at range, like Tashkent and Asashio with those crazy gimmick torps

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Every time there's a new line release, new split, it's like this.  The queues get stacked up with the new ships as people are trying them out or working up the new lines / split lines.

It was like this with USN Cruiser Split, but people forget that.  You had DD players proclaiming years ago the game was unplayable and doomed because of all the USN Radar Cruisers.

It was like this with the introduction of French Battleships, but people forget that.

It was like this with the introduction of Royal Navy Battleships, but people forget that.

It's like this when an entire new line comes out.  Lots of ITA Cruisers not too long ago, but people forget that and instead try to use the "Russian Bias" angle again with the new RU Cruisers.

Indeed. 

Of course I doubt anyone's going to be screaming about pasta bias any time soon... :Smile_trollface: