You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BattleBard149

Dockyard Missions Automatic?

27 comments in this topic

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles

Ahoy mates,

This is probably a stupid question, and I've looked about and tried to find the answer, but... 

Do we need to do anything to activate the dockyard quests, once we finish one, or does the next one start automatically? Are they set to be doable after a certain amount of days? I completed one a few days ago and can't work toward anymore right now. Is that the way it is?

Thanx in advance for any help.

Fair seas

[WPORT]
Members
9,766 posts
14,296 battles
7 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

This is probably a stupid question, and I've looked about and tried to find the answer, but... 

Do we need to do anything to activate the dockyard quests, once we finish one, or does the next one start automatically? Are they set to be doable after a certain amount of days? I completed one a few days ago and can't work toward anymore right now. Is that the way it is?

Fair seas

It is a legit question.

As far as I know, just playing the ships & missions that fulfill the criteria for the Dockyard missions will fulfill the objectives (eventually) and the dockyard will activate and work as designed.

Completing enough missions/goals should enable a player to unlock and begin the next phase.  

How about some help with this question, @Mademoisail and @Hapa_Fodder?

[WORX]
Members
13,209 posts
20,079 battles
13 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

Fair seas

All you need to do,

• Click on the CM tab
  • Of the many options shown, click on "docks" or "Dock yard."
    • Once clicked, it will show case the DY CM missions and the requirements.

The confusing part for some are the "OR" missions... IMO I dont like the new UI... *ESPECIALLY* the post battle CM summery.... Its confusing as a wife.

Too Complicated.

• Haha 1

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles

It shows that I completed  1.Keel Laying, and I have a check mark on it to show completion but I have not been able to make any progress on 2.Steam and Steel  or any of the others after it. I just feel like I have not done something and am therefore wasting a lot of time I will need to complete all this stuff.

BTW, I did buy the starter pack to complete some of the missions automatically, since I may not have the time to do all of this the way my life is right now. Would that affect this at all?

Edited by BattleBard149
additional information

[GLF]
Members
53 posts
26,315 battles

Missions are time gated, becoming available every 5? days.  Stage 2 set should be available within 24 hrs,  stage 3 5 days after that etc

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles
1 minute ago, Yad_Anzac said:

Missions are time gated, becoming available every 5? days.  Stage 2 set should be available within 24 hrs,  stage 3 5 days after that etc

Ahhh....

Well that explains it.

But, there are 20 missions and, as I understand it, we only have 60 days to complete them all (I guess 18, actually, since you HAVE to buy at least two of them). 

18 x 5 =90   

So how does that work?

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,466 battles

There are 20 Dockyard stages. The directives advance multiple stages of the Dockyard. 
Also, you only have to purchase 2 Dockyard stages, buying the starter pack (8 stages) satisfies that requirement.

[WORX]
Members
13,209 posts
20,079 battles
29 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

It shows that I completed  1.Keel Laying, and I have a check mark on it to show completion but I have not been able to make any progress on 2.Steam and Steel  or any of the others after it. I just feel like I have not done something and am therefore wasting a lot of time I will need to complete all this stuff.

BTW, I did buy the starter pack to complete some of the missions automatically, since I may not have the time to do all of this the way my life is right now. Would that affect this at all?

Click on the "1.Keel Laying, " In doing so it gives you the information you seek.

Click on "2.Steam and Steel" It will give you all the CM and the start time...

GL

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles
Just now, Admiral_Downes said:

The directives advance multiple stages of the Dockyard. 

Ok.. Now it makes sense.

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Click on "2.Steam and Steel" It will give you all the CM and the start time...

Yeah, theoretically it should...

But My titles are all screwed up on mine. Instead of a a time or anything, I see this... All the titles, times, etc look like code or something instead of what they should look like, so I can't tell anything. I've tried the repair function but it didn't work. A lot of this corruption or whatever is there if you notice.

shot-20_06.14_08_22.19-0788.thumb.jpg.fc4e2ba8b253549dc8285d15f6230be7.jpg

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,587 battles
1 hour ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

Fair seas

Definitely NOT a stupid questions!

So the DY if you open the "Combat Missions" tab will show you what you have to do per each directive.

If you complete Directive 1, you'll see that Directive two has a time frame set "starting in X days" Which means it is time gated to open up to you at that time.

Hopefully this makes sense.

-Hapa

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

Definitely NOT a stupid questions!

So the DY if you open the "Combat Missions" tab will show you what you have to do per each directive.

If you complete Directive 1, you'll see that Directive two has a time frame set "starting in X days" Which means it is time gated to open up to you at that time.

Hopefully this makes sense.

-Hapa

Hey Hapa... Can you yell me what I can do about all this code stuff appearing instead of my times and titles and stuff?shot-20_06.14_08_22.19-0788.thumb.jpg.d4318b964650f531d72228ed81e7a5e2.jpg

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,587 battles
2 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Hey Hapa... Can you yell me what I can do about all this code stuff appearing instead of my times and titles and stuff?shot-20_06.14_08_22.19-0788.thumb.jpg.d4318b964650f531d72228ed81e7a5e2.jpg

Whoa, that is odd...

First, do you run any mods?

Second, has it always done this (since the patch?)

-Hapa

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles

I do run a few mods through Modstation...  Calm Seas, Modified flags, crew skills in frames.

Plus I run Mermaid's Wrath for voices and captain photos. However, I have used all those for a while and this stuff only appeared after the shipyard patch download.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,587 battles
1 minute ago, BattleBard149 said:

I do run a few mods through Modstation...  Calm Seas, Modified flags, crew skills in frames.

Plus I run Mermaid's Wrath for voices and captain photos. However, I have used all those for a while and this stuff only appeared after the shipyard patch download.

Could you do me a favor and please remove ALL your mods and relog and see if that fixes the issues?

Remember that, though we do own the mod station the mods are not produced my WG nor do we support them. Mods are player produced and have to be updated by them.

Hopefully, and I don't know if it will, this will correct your issue.

-Hapa

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Could you do me a favor and please remove ALL your mods and relog and see if that fixes the issues?

Remember that, though we do own the mod station the mods are not produced my WG nor do we support them. Mods are player produced and have to be updated by them.

Hopefully, and I don't know if it will, this will correct your issue.

-Hapa

OK.. I'll give it a shot...

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles

I closed the game, removed all mods, deleted the res mods folder and re-opened.

And now they are fixed, so I guess one of them was causing the issues.

Now I guess I need to figure which one.

Thanx

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,587 battles
1 minute ago, BattleBard149 said:

Thanx

Sorry for the inconvenience, every single patch this occurs because the mod makers are not updating their mods right away.

Give it a couple days and then maybe re-try to load them and perhaps they will have updated them.

-Hapa

[KREW]
Members
612 posts
15,061 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

Sorry for the inconvenience, every single patch this occurs because the mod makers are not updating their mods right away.

Give it a couple days and then maybe re-try to load them and perhaps they will have updated them.

-Hapa

Will do.. 

Thanx again.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
13,209 posts
20,079 battles
5 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Thanx

Once you found the culprit... Report it to the Mod maker or originator...

[CO-OP]
Members
3,359 posts
29,993 battles
1 hour ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahhh....

Well that explains it.

But, there are 20 missions and, as I understand it, we only have 60 days to complete them all (I guess 18, actually, since you HAVE to buy at least two of them). 

18 x 5 =90   

So how does that work?

There are 6 directives.  Each directive will open one week apart (the first actually dropped on Wednesday, but directive 2 will drop on Monday.)  Each directive has 12 tasks, some of these tasks have an "or" condition meaning that you have a choice to do the first or second, but don't have to do both to complete that task.  Doing both does not give any addition benefit for completing the directive.  You only need to complete 7 of the tasks to complete the directive.  Within each directive there are 2 tasks which reward one level of progress on the dockyard.  The final reward for completing the directive is a level of progress on the dockyard.  This gives you a total of 3 levels of dockyard progress for each directive.  With six total directives, you have a total possibility of 18 levels of dockyard progress.  As you previously noted, you will need to buy the final 2 levels, if you want the ship.  The dockyard must be completed by August 3 (well,  early morning of the 3rd.)

[FUNNY]
Members
9 posts
3,051 battles

Funny but I am now getting no credit for my Dockyard missions.  One of my mission requirements now is to score 100 hits on a citadel or X number of fires started.  I have been hitting the heck out of citadels and getting the ribbons along with fires started, but no dockyard credit.  I've only been playinf for 5 weeks and have a lot to learn, but have no idea why I'm getting no credit on this my 12th phase of the build.

[BTLST]
Members
272 posts
5,882 battles
37 minutes ago, ImConfused666 said:

Funny but I am now getting no credit for my Dockyard missions.  One of my mission requirements now is to score 100 hits on a citadel or X number of fires started.  I have been hitting the heck out of citadels and getting the ribbons along with fires started, but no dockyard credit.  I've only been playinf for 5 weeks and have a lot to learn, but have no idea why I'm getting no credit on this my 12th phase of the build.

Some of the missions require you to use a specific ship type (e.g. CA or BB). Also all missions require you to use tier 5 and above ship. The requirements are shown on the bottom of each mission (and sometimes in the title, e.g. "Win a battle").