You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
macktkau2

I'll Give Ranked One More Shot This Morning

12 comments in this topic

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

Expectation: I'm midway through Rank 5, I only need about 17 wins. Maybe I'll go on a run of wins and get close enough that I can rank out. Hopefully all the OP ship owners have ranked out so I don't run into Payfasts that smash me up while they're in smoke and lighting me up with radar.

Reality:

image.png.8d6df17b5e0e80b47dfa63dceeb0ed29.png

Back down to Rank 7 ffs.

Absolutely nothing is working. I play Sinop and try to bow tank, our DD's get smashed, we lose the middle cap and I'm flanked or so outnumbered there's nothing to do except burn to death. I play Helena, and our BB's decide to show broadside to Sinop's and get deleted leaving our team 3 ships and two caps down in 5 minutes. I played Shira, got a first blood kill on a Belfast in smoke, got two caps, and the rest of the team just disintegrate by pushing the 3rd cap when we're 2 caps up.

The other day I had a great game in a Sinop, pushing into a flank cap killing a Sinop and an Atlanta that misplayed, securing a 3 ship to 2 lead and dominant map control, only to eat a full broadside of torps from the 'friendly' Shiratsuyu fired from behind me in my blind spot, hitting me four times which blew me to smithereens and costing us the game.

This is painful.

I'm considering that I should keep going and see just how many losses I can rack up.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

8 in a row.

In a Scharn, was the only player on my team to get a kill. Star saved with 58k damage, 50 hits, 4 fires, 2 cits, 2 defends and a spotting ribbon.

image.thumb.png.46ba95bb8308abd4a1f0d3ccc2fc52ed.png

Hmmmm.

• Funny 1

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,157 battles

I played 4 ranked games tonight and lost 3 of them. "Luckily" I didn't lose any stars overall, since I was the best on my team in two of those loses.

It is kind of amazing how bad many teams are. The same goes for random games btw.

• Cool 1

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

Hooray! I won a game! All it took was getting an enemy team with three Myoko's and a Colorado!

image.thumb.png.e71917722c667450d778cf82f1430592.png

8 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Just bag it.    Not worth the agony.   Tear 7 just not workin out for you.

There has been two big benefits playing Scharnhorst & Atlanta. I've made a huge amount of Captain XP from the 19 point Scharnhorst captain, got my Atlanta/Worcester captain close to 17 points, and made about 35 million silver. I was able to buy the Zao that I'd had researched for ages but no funds for.

The last Ranked Sprint I managed to easily rank out with a unicum WR in about 30 games. Here I got to Rank 10 very easily, then languished for days in Rank 10 to 8, pushed up to 5 in a single morning with an Atlanta, then I've spent another 150 games in Rank 5 with very occasional dips up to 4, and down to 6. I hadn't gone back to Rank 7 at all until this afternoon.

282 battles.

• Haha 1

[STW-N]
Members
4,088 posts
9,559 battles

I'll be honest, some of my ranked battle performances were not the best.

But others, even in post-battle evaluation I cannot reach anything but the conclusion that my teams are a few doubloons short of a full chest.

I even pulled out Sinop, which I had never used in a PvP setting until now, and pulled off some interesting maneuvers with it.

But this season is a prime reminder of why I try to avoid PvP whenever possible, even if I believe that usually I'm not a potato.

• Cool 1

Members
1,373 posts

I do not play Ranked anymore because I cannot find the time to rank out.   When I did have the time, one thing that helped me was to just stick with one ship.   Just stay with the one ship and that seems to work the best.   

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,906 battles

I reached rank 2 but been losing since and now back at rank 3 with tree stars. I can robably do it if luck smiles upon me but i am a BB main, i do not own a Sinop and i get smashed by the Russian bias at every corner.

Nelson, Nagato, Colorado, KGV or Duke all get overmatched while the Sinop has a icebreaker strip on the nose allowing for some tanking but the real deal breaker are the GERMANS. In the Sharn or Gneisenau there is simply no angling against a Sinop and i often get 12k to 17K salvos for the thing under 10k, its is insane while that thing can tank for days...

TBH if it wasnt for the belfast and the Sinop that season could have been enjoyable but always facing these ships is not only a pain but you almost have an handicap if you dont play one yourself...

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,711 battles

Congratulations to the ones who have ranked out and good luck to the ones ranking out!

• Cool 1

[YOU]
[YOU]
Members
113 posts
10,976 battles

I killed 3 ships and we still had 4 ships vs the enemy. I was like there is no way my team could lose so I left the match since I didn't want to waste time. Did a random game and guess what. Defeated.

I am just baffled how my team could have lost. Even if they tried to lose they shouldn't but some how they managed to lose.

Edited by You13
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, You13 said:

I killed 3 ships and we still had 4 ships vs the enemy. I was like there is no way my team could lose so I left the match since I didn't want to waste time. Did a random game and guess what. Defeated.

I am just baffled how my team could have lost.

I have seen 2 ships deafest 5 or 6 ships before, and wondered how in the world they managed to lose against those odds!?

[IJAG]
Members
188 posts
14,639 battles

Yep. I know that feeling. I was halfway through 3 and ended up back at 9. *sigh* Life is great.:Smile_great::Smile_Default::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm::Smile_sad:

• Cool 1