You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Conundrum

Another Week, another Chat Ban......

65 comments in this topic

Members
404 posts

Having come back to World of Warships at the start of this year when my PC that runs it got fixed, I had to deal with many changes to the game that meant relearning everything all over again from the ground up.  Having said that and progressed to being a decently passable player.....

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?? (wthigo!?) 

From dealing with the problems inherent to "Random" battles, the absolute crapshow that multiple CV matches are above tier 4, unbalanced and gimmick ridden ships, and for my first ever participation in a Ranked Season the "curse of the Colorado", I find myself engaging as many do within battlechat of peddling salt...

While I do agree with and will never violate the rule of following a player out of battlechat and criticizing them with the pm system, it should be noted that at times there are players within battle on your team who need motivation to remove their heads from the southern hole and join the battle.  I have also conversed with hundreds of other players who have been on both my team, or the team opposing that which I am on which are in full agreement on the state of the game.  Players who either don't care or are intentionally throwing matches because they are trying to pad their stats are being put on teams in competitive game modes (Ranked and Random) and are screwing over the rest of the team.  Players getting stuck on team after team, after team of brainless lemmings and getting so fed up because matchmaking has chosen to once again put them in a place where no matter how good a player they are they will be handed a loss thanks to idiots on their team who do not want to learn teamwork or even a base knowledge of how their ship performs.

There are not enough report votes given to a player (Daily limit of 7) to cover all the abject stupidity faced when trying to access any mode of the game outside of Co-op.  Quite frankly, that is where most of the players who have invaded the competitive sphere should be instead of screwing over the people who actually want to push in and cap, or try to win in the limited 20 minutes we have for a round.   Instead we have little snowflakes who run their ships to the back of the map from the moment the timer starts  and then sit at square I8 or A3 for the entire match as their team gets wiped out for being a ship down and not having team support. 

So because there are players like me who do push, who do risk our ship to complete objectives and win, and because we are not afraid to speak up and tell the little snowflakes to get off their duffs and stop worrying about their pretty little paint schemes, we get hit with this message....  "You have been suspended from sending chat messages until XXXXXX.XXXX  Reason: Insults, harassment, bypassing the language filter.."  

So instead of just complaining, here are some ideas for Wargaming that would help rectify the issue. 

1. A checkbox in the settings for "Include me in competitive modes" (Non Competitive being Co-op and Op of the Week). 

When Checked, the player understands that sitting outside the battle will incur stronger penalties against them for the Report/compliment feature. Maybe rework the AFK report so it nullifies XP for the round for that player, and after so many rounds reported, a 20 game in game suspension to Co-op only. 

2. Elimination of Capture points as a Game Winning Feature. 

Lets face it, If one team sits in the back it is almost a guaranteed loss for the players of that team with very few exceptions.  The players who try or do want to win are screwed over no matter what they do.  If that is the state of the Game in 2020, maybe its time to stop pretending that Random or Ranked battles are not a "last team standing" battle and make it official. 

I will be honest, I don't expect Wargaming to do anything to fix the issues that players going into the game trying to win are dealing with right now.  Some Clans stopped participating this past season because CV's were included and broke Clan Battle mode (No I wont buy into a dismissal of "Well the meta shows...").  We have older, more experienced players and content creators who have been here for years now either leaving or urging people to take a step away from Warships...  The lack of Balance and refusal to fix issues in the game is going to end up driving the permanent player base away.  The answer is not more ships, or bogus nerfs and buffs to ships which are not actually based on how strong a ship is but what players are using it and when..  Patch 9.5, Des Moines nerf?  I don't even have one yet, but when I look at the Des Moines and then the Kremlin I know which ship needs a nerf and it isn't the Des Moines..   One Battleship holding off 4 ships at the same time by itself, 3 battleships and a cruiser, for six minutes and tanking over 6Million Potential Damage(saw that Thursday night)...  No, that's not the ship that gets nerfed, its the Cruiser who if it sticks its nose out it gets over matched and deleted fast...  Makes total sense, said no one ever.

I want to make this clear to Wargaming, We want to see World of Warships stay around for another 5 years and be profitable.  We don't want to see it die.  But a great many of the players who helped build the game up over the last 5 years are starting to get irritated, and they are seeing a lot of actions from Wargaming which feel like betrayals and insults to them (Puerto Rico for one, Broken ships while ones they worked and grinded for get nerfed and treated like second class citizens).

There is so much that could be done to improve the game, and right now it is not the interface, its the problems with balance in the game and the game modes themselves.  Tier 7 Ranked was a brilliant move that got a lot of new people to go for ranked battles, but it also brought in people who don't want to work as a team and exacerbates the broken balance issue.  

Why does this get ignored so that every patch just has a new "Here is a new Admiral Ship package you can buy for $100"?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 8

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

If it's any consolation, the top tiers have more mature players.
Gameplay isn't any better, but most players have come to accept it and there isn't as much complaining.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles

First discussing disciplinary action is against the forum rules.

Second, you can motivate in ways that don't trigger people, you are earning your bans.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
258 posts
5,420 battles

Don't be a punk in chat, don't get banned. The people complaining about players hanging back, bad teams, etc, are almost always of a skill level that doesn't warrant throwing stones and it's just lame vitriol. 

Check thy self lest thee wreck thy self, friend.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
404 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

First discussing disciplinary action is against the forum rules.

Second, you can motivate in ways that don't trigger people, you are earning your bans.

Brush Wolf, I never said I didn't earn it, and I am not speaking to a specific instance concerning my quote of that message but a general occurrence of it. 

That said, if it is earned, the salt that brought it about was earned as well..  Hope you have a good day.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
404 posts
4 minutes ago, z9_ said:

If it's any consolation, the top tiers have more mature players.
Gameplay isn't any better, but most players have come to accept it and there isn't as much complaining.

Z9,

Thank you.  Unfortunately what I witnessed most was in Tier 8 to 10 battles over the last few days, and Op of the week.  A lot of the complaint towards a few select players was however warranted.  Out of six battles, one was a victory where I was bottom tier (8 in a T10 round).  I took one of the top spots on the leaderboard while watching a tier 10 battleship spend the entire 17 minutes of the round hiding behind an island to keep his health bar full, placing close to last.  

Its insane, and it is happening over and over again.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,367 battles

That's a lot of text.

Anyways, if you got chat banned, you probably deserved it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
404 posts
10 minutes ago, Epic_Baller said:

Don't be a punk in chat, don't get banned. The people complaining about players hanging back, bad teams, etc, are almost always of a skill level that doesn't warrant throwing stones and it's just lame vitriol. 

Check thy self lest thee wreck thy self, friend.

Baller, I could reply to this in many ways...  One would be humerous for example, though I'm fairly certain it could trigger you.  Another could be completely deadpan and straight faced, and it might still get the same response.

There is a problem within the game however, and its showing up more and more in Community Content Videos in case there are those who deny its existence.  The learning curve for players who have no idea what they are doing is a long known problem.

Now I did not claim that I am a great player, only a decent one.  I've had my fair share of top 3 finishes in multiple classes of ships to know I have a pretty good general Idea of whats going on and when.  I also understand even I can use improvement, but the biggest difference you see between those criticized and myself is that I will work to try and help the team rather than worry about my own stats because I know I don't win if the team doesn't win.

While I may have many problems that need correcting, Self Awareness is not one of them.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
340 posts
16,306 battles

I'm not quite sure why removing capture points - literally the only thing in the game that encourages people to close distance - will lead to the sort of push oriented gameplay you desire.

That said, most of the time I see a team lose terribly it's not from sitting back, it's from "courageous" captains that yolo to a prompt death and then blame their teammates...

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

On my 5th sub battle today (easy credits) had a teammate at the end of the battle smoke up and go AFK,
when he could have easily fired on the enemy ship from his smoke.
Very frustrating, because the game was close, but who knows, maybe he had to feed the baby.
All I could do was alert my teammates that he was AFK.
We won, but even if it was a loss, I wouldn't have reported him.
Reporting is a waste of my time, and like you said, I would need 70 per day, not 7.

I will however, block someone in chat real fast, if they won't shut up, or keep pinging the map.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,533 posts
8 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

if it is earned, the salt that brought it about was earned as well..  Hope you have a good day.

Hmm... well as someone who's shared their opinion openly, quite candidly on more than one occasion in the past, I can share with you a secret. 

The salt? Ups your blood pressure. It's not healthy for you. The best you can do is learn it away. These days, if I can suggest something, as short, sweet and precise as possible, I will. Example: I see a cluster of ships camping somewhere, doing nothing. I'll click once on them (in the minimap) then once where I think they should be going. 

If they are still there in a minute or so, I might say something like "bows towards the reds please" or "dont show broadsides". 

What I find a great deal of fun - and it adds much to my level of enjoyment - is calling people out for GOOD reasons. Like "GK on that dd" or "good dodge of those torps". It's weird but the more i've done it the more I see others having a heck of a game. 

When the chat is quiet, focused and short, most folks are playing a good game. If something someone does really torques you, puts your Jimmys in a knot, fart. Burp. Belch. Laugh. Do anything but fire off a chat to them. The key, which I had to teach myself, is to not take myself so seriously. 

I come to PLAY not fight, not earn money, not cut people down but to play. Heck, they might be on my team the very next match. How likely are they gonna help me if I just uncorked on them in the previous match? 

You can ponder this - or just disregard it. Just know salt is not healthy for you in the quantities you seem to be consuming. All the best. 

• Cool 4

Members
404 posts
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

That's a lot of text.

Anyways, if you got chat banned, you probably deserved it.

Again see above reply, though that is not why I wrote what I wrote in the initial post.

And yes, when I write I can do so at length.  Its a habit that came about from studying history and law. 

• Meh 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
12 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Having come back to World of Warships at the start of this year when my PC that runs it got fixed, I had to deal with many changes to the game that meant relearning everything all over again from the ground up.  Having said that and progressed to being a decently passable player.....

From dealing with the problems inherent to "Random" battles, the absolute crapshow that multiple CV matches are above tier 4, unbalanced and gimmick ridden ships, and for my first ever participation in a Ranked Season the "curse of the Colorado", I find myself engaging as many do within battlechat of peddling salt...

While I do agree with and will never violate the rule of following a player out of battlechat and criticizing them with the pm system, it should be noted that at times there are players within battle on your team who need motivation to remove their heads from the southern hole and join the battle.  I have also conversed with hundreds of other players who have been on both my team, or the team opposing that which I am on which are in full agreement on the state of the game.  Players who either don't care or are intentionally throwing matches because they are trying to pad their stats are being put on teams in competitive game modes (Ranked and Random) and are screwing over the rest of the team.  Players getting stuck on team after team, after team of brainless lemmings and getting so fed up because matchmaking has chosen to once again put them in a place where no matter how good a player they are they will be handed a loss thanks to idiots on their team who do not want to learn teamwork or even a base knowledge of how their ship performs.

There are not enough report votes given to a player (Daily limit of 7) to cover all the abject stupidity faced when trying to access any mode of the game outside of Co-op.  Quite frankly, that is where most of the players who have invaded the competitive sphere should be instead of screwing over the people who actually want to push in and cap, or try to win in the limited 20 minutes we have for a round.   Instead we have little snowflakes who run their ships to the back of the map from the moment the timer starts  and then sit at square I8 or A3 for the entire match as their team gets wiped out for being a ship down and not having team support. 

So because there are players like me who do push, who do risk our ship to complete objectives and win, and because we are not afraid to speak up and tell the little snowflakes to get off their duffs and stop worrying about their pretty little paint schemes, we get hit with this message....  "You have been suspended from sending chat messages until XXXXXX.XXXX  Reason: Insults, harassment, bypassing the language filter.."  

So instead of just complaining, here are some ideas for Wargaming that would help rectify the issue. 

1. A checkbox in the settings for "Include me in competitive modes" (Non Competitive being Co-op and Op of the Week). 

When Checked, the player understands that sitting outside the battle will incur stronger penalties against them for the Report/compliment feature. Maybe rework the AFK report so it nullifies XP for the round for that player, and after so many rounds reported, a 20 game in game suspension to Co-op only. 

Lets face it, If one team sits in the back it is almost a guaranteed loss for the players of that team with very few exceptions.  The players who try or do want to win are screwed over no matter what they do.  If that is the state of the Game in 2020, maybe its time to stop pretending that Random or Ranked battles are not a "last team standing" battle and make it official. 

I will be honest, I don't expect Wargaming to do anything to fix the issues that players going into the game trying to win are dealing with right now.  Some Clans stopped participating this past season because CV's were included and broke Clan Battle mode (No I wont buy into a dismissal of "Well the meta shows...").  We have older, more experienced players and content creators who have been here for years now either leaving or urging people to take a step away from Warships...  The lack of Balance and refusal to fix issues in the game is going to end up driving the permanent player base away.  The answer is not more ships, or bogus nerfs and buffs to ships which are not actually based on how strong a ship is but what players are using it and when..  Patch 9.5, Des Moines nerf?  I don't even have one yet, but when I look at the Des Moines and then the Kremlin I know which ship needs a nerf and it isn't the Des Moines..   One Battleship holding off 4 ships at the same time by itself, 3 battleships and a cruiser, for six minutes and tanking over 6Million Potential Damage(saw that Thursday night)...  No, that's not the ship that gets nerfed, its the Cruiser who if it sticks its nose out it gets over matched and deleted fast...  Makes total sense, said no one ever.

I want to make this clear to Wargaming, We want to see World of Warships stay around for another 5 years and be profitable.  We don't want to see it die.  But a great many of the players who helped build the game up over the last 5 years are starting to get irritated, and they are seeing a lot of actions from Wargaming which feel like betrayals and insults to them (Puerto Rico for one, Broken ships while ones they worked and grinded for get nerfed and treated like second class citizens).

There is so much that could be done to improve the game, and right now it is not the interface, its the problems with balance in the game and the game modes themselves.  Tier 7 Ranked was a brilliant move that got a lot of new people to go for ranked battles, but it also brought in people who don't want to work as a team and exacerbates the broken balance issue.  

Why does this get ignored so that every patch just has a new "Here is a new Admiral Ship package you can buy for $100"?

:Smile_facepalm:

Spent god knows how long typing all of this just to excuse yourself from being a toxic a-hole in chat.  That's all this is.

You went through exceedingly great length here to point the finger at everything and everyone else except yourself.  That essentially implicates you.  You're no victim.

Moreover, seven complements/reports isn't the limit.  You'd have more if you performed actions during matches that earned you complements from your teammates and raised your Karma.

As for your "business advice", well...  wusY4gu.gif

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

Members
404 posts
2 minutes ago, z9_ said:

On my 5th sub battle today (easy credits) had a teammate at the end of the battle smoke up and go AFK,
when he could have easily fired on the enemy ship from his smoke.
Very frustrating, because the game was close, but who knows, maybe he had to feed the baby.
All I could do was alert my teammates that he was AFK.
We won, but even if it was a loss, I wouldn't have reported him.
Reporting is a waste of my time, and like you said, I would need 70 per day, not 7.

I will however, block someone in chat real fast, if they won't shut up, or keep pinging the map.

I can understand situations like that(The baby), and have in fact had good conversations or divisioned up with people dealing with ongoing issues.  I don't begrudge anyone that.  Met a lot of cool people thanks to an objective and understanding nature.  

In any event, best wishes to you in your battles, and hopefully things improve going forward.

[90THB]
Members
9 posts
4,117 battles
32 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

I get the point you are making, but a 20 game suspension? a little too extreme. 

Taking away EXP from a reported AFK player... I can see people abusing this and simply reporting people for being AFK when they really are not and just not playing well.  

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts

Another one that thinks COOP is to be used as a PUNISHMENT.

How about you simply stop taking a game so seriously and stop trying to make it more than it is.   You are far too emotionally involved with this game.

BTW OPS is also competitive...  It take TEAMWORK to get 5 stars.

You are so focused on having everything your way you would stomp on everything else to get it.

About your chat ban.  I talk in chat all the time, sometimes I get a little salty. NEVER been banned.

Since you get banned regularly maybe you need to just keep your KB silent for a while.  You might feel better and even have some fun?

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 3

Members
404 posts
1 minute ago, Kuckoo said:

Spent god knows how long typing all of this just to excuse yourself from being a toxic a-hole in chat.  That's all this is.

You went through exceedingly great length here to point the finger at everything and everyone else except yourself.  That essentially implicates you.  You're no victim.

Moreover, seven complements/reports isn't the limit.  You'd have more if you performed actions during matches that earned you complements from your teammates and raised your Karma.

As for your "business advice", well...  wusY4gu.gif

Toxic A-hole calls out Toxic A-hole while pretending he isn't being one himself. News at 11.

Kuckoo… If you want to criticize it, don't do it.  You just spent time writing that out because you wanted to point a finger..  And if the ROTFL emote wasn't a dead giveaway of an attempt to trigger, making a statement on Karma and total limits is.

First, your statement relies on the actions of others and not individual merit.   Compliments only work if they are given out and lets be honest, most players don't give them out.  I saw three individuals last night who absolutely earned them, I publicly congratulated them and sent them each one as said. Each more than deserved the recognition.  Most players don't get that... They just get stuck on a team of potatoes and have to make do with the crap sandwich they were dealt.  That said, Im being fully open and transparent knowing full well there are individuals such as yourself who will view me negatively for speaking plainly.

• Meh 2

[KSD]
Members
254 posts
11,496 battles
44 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

why dont you just be happy that there is a game that you can play during quarantine???

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
258 posts
5,420 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

While I may have many problems that need correcting, Self Awareness is not one of them.

You are a piece of work, buddy. Good luck with stuff.

• Funny 1

Members
404 posts
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

Another one that thinks COOP is to be used as a PUNISHMENT.

Not a punishment per say, just a place for players who don't want to play competitively in the battle types made for it.

I understand what you are saying about Ops, and yes I watched 2 BB's head south last night on a nothern Exit for Raptor and throw the match, but Ops is a team based Mission Completion, not a competition between teammates.  That is why I personally don't view it as a competitive mode since the competition is against the Computer AI which is largely scripted. 

Members
404 posts
5 minutes ago, _CPR said:

why dont you just be happy that there is a game that you can play during quarantine???

Well I was one of the ones who didn't stop work during the quarantine, but actually got put on a crazy swing shift because of everything going on.  

I have been with the game since before the virus however, and as stated I do want the game to be around for another 5 years.  I was pretty clear I do want a long life for Warships...  

But just being "Happy" when there are solvable problems that could be looked at and fixed...

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."~ Henry Ford

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles

Just checked something, the OP hasn't played since April, at least on this account. So what is is OP, are you posting on an alt, play on another server than the NA one, or are you just creating fiction?

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
20 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Toxic A-hole calls out Toxic A-hole while pretending he isn't being one himself. News at 11.

Kuckoo… If you want to criticize it, don't do it.  You just spent time writing that out because you wanted to point a finger..  And if the ROTFL emote wasn't a dead giveaway of an attempt to trigger, making a statement on Karma and total limits is.

First, your statement relies on the actions of others and not individual merit.   Compliments only work if they are given out and lets be honest, most players don't give them out.  I saw three individuals last night who absolutely earned them, I publicly congratulated them and sent them each one as said. Each more than deserved the recognition.  Most players don't get that... They just get stuck on a team of potatoes and have to make do with the crap sandwich they were dealt.  That said, Im being fully open and transparent knowing full well there are individuals such as yourself who will view me negatively for speaking plainly.

Not being toxic.  Just pointing out the obvious.  That should be pretty clear.

It's very simple:

>  Conspicuously good play sometimes earns compliments from others

>  Persistent toxicity over multiple matches earns chat bans

I've never once been chat banned.  Apparently, you get them regularly.  You have no room to talk, and deserve what you get.

Edited by Kuckoo