You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

A form of XVM now works in game.

87 comments in this topic

Members
1,423 posts
7,116 battles

In aslains new modpack their is a form of xvm that works but only shows enemy stats. It shows the stats above their ship in game like their win%. In aslains modpack go to Over Target Markers then Alt Markers then pick display stats then pick your region/server... bam it works. Do remember to pick your server or it will not work.

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 5
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 2

Members
6,854 posts
15,276 battles

Yeah, it's been a mod for a while and working on the Russian server. Only a matter of time before someone got it made for NA. I'll have to check it out 

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,245 posts

Tried it when it first came out. Installed ok but didn't work. Glad to see it finally working.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,245 posts
5 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

:Smile_popcorn:

Lol. I know what you're waiting for. The impending drama.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ICLAD]
[ICLAD]
Beta Testers
99 posts
13,488 battles

Yes, the mod that made World of Tanks so toxic.

• Cool 2

Banned
627 posts

Oh great, the mod that made people quit games, teamkill 'bad' players and become extremely toxic. Yeah thanks for that, now we have to deal with it. 

• Cool 2

[FORM]
Members
1,617 posts
11,245 battles

I assume this would not be able to report players stats if they blocked them, which might help reduce the insanity that happened in WoT.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,245 posts
6 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I assume this would not be able to report players stats if they blocked them, which might help reduce the insanity that happened in WoT.

That is correct.

Just noticed, it only shows enemy stats. Here comes the seal clubbing!

Edited by z9_

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

This is a Mod i would have thought Wegee would have learned by now and talked to Aslain about removing, it is nothing but toxic for games. But the argument can also be made so is MMM.

I have hid my stats from the day i learned how. Really the only one who needs to see them is ME, as a metric to know what ships I excel in and which I need a LOT of practice in. Other than that they are no ones business.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Members
28 posts
369 battles
18 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

This is a Mod i would have thought Wegee would have learned by now and talked to Aslain about removing, it is nothing but toxic for games. But the argument can also be made so is MMM.

I have hid my stats from the day i learned how. Really the only one who needs to see them is ME, as a metric to know what ships I excel in and which I need a LOT of practice in. Other than that they are no ones business.

Thing is when you hide your stats you get treated as if you have bad stats. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
5,364 posts
8 minutes ago, SeaView_ said:

That's ok.  If they're going to come after someone thinking they're a 40%er easy target, and they end up being something else, then, that's their problem, isn't it?

Now that it's here, it's not going to go away, obviously.  WG pretty much showed they liked it being there in tanks, after all.

So, I think you'll see more stats hidden around here, and this mod will be why.

Basically, the people who are [edited] at others about having hidden their stats will automatically be thought of as XVM users.

So, it won't necessarily be a 'You hid your stats you suck.'  It'll be "No, I hid my stats from XVM."

Edited by Kirov_Six

[OIL-1]
Members
1,245 posts
8 minutes ago, SeaView_ said:

Yep.

Also, the reason for the toxicity is not bad players, it's because the toxic players
are too ignorant to realize that the game is rigged, and that's what's causing their frustration.

All ya gotta do is switch to skill based MM, and that would solve 90% of the problem,
but you keep demanding free wins and easy kills, so that's what ya get.

(The other 10% is, what are they called, Smurfs? The guys who create an account and purposely
keep a bad record, so that they can pick on lesser skilled players.)

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
58 minutes ago, SeaView_ said:

But if your stat's aren't bad then why would you care?  And why hide them in the first place?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
4 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

But if your stat's aren't bad then why would you care?  And why hide them in the first place?

So that you're not made a priority target by someone using a stat tracker because your name shows up in blue or better, that's a reason off the top of my head.

Although there's one other thing I don't get. I don't use stat trackers, but weren't they already available before now? I seem to recall more than a few screenshots using them and people saying that they used them, so... How is this news?

• Cool 3

Members
5,364 posts
10 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

So that you're not made a priority target by someone using a stat tracker because your name shows up in blue or better, that's a reason off the top of my head.

Although there's one other thing I don't get. I don't use stat trackers, but weren't they already available before now? I seem to recall more than a few screenshots using them and people saying that they used them, so... How is this news?

Wasn't 'built in' to the game client before.  It was a side app that would show people when they loaded in, but it wasn't 'integrated' like it can be now.  Now it's right on their icon.

[BLEP]
Members
541 posts
11,459 battles

I used it in Tanks and I will use it here. In tanks I use it to see who I will help, sadly for ships I will have to keep using MMM to see team player stats. 

Edited by Primal__Fear

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles
4 hours ago, z9_ said:

All ya gotta do is switch to skill based MM, and that would solve 90% of the problem

skill based MM would not work in this game and hasn't worked in any game similar to this. 

• Cool 2

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,569 posts
3 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

please provide your banking login details. why would you hide them? why would you care if I had them?

are you a thief, or an embezzler, an organised crime racketeer? You must be if you hide your financial details from my scrutiny, it cant be that you are a clean business person or its none of my concern what or how you earn.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,152 battles
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

I target the higher threat players as a general rule, while also aggressively pushing low stat (~52% and lower).  At the same time in ranked for instance my mahan has low random stats which is what the stat mods rely on, making it seem as though I'm not a threat.   I spend far more time in competitive modes than randoms so thankfully while my random game count is still low, i get to fly under the radar.

So while my ranked numbers look like this...
image.png.6b9a6b14c21c96a6dc25031615adc37e.png

I show up on match making monitor as...
image.png.765a44fc5c7d8cb2202f35f9cc932d09.png

Edited by CV_Jeebies

[O2]
Members
226 posts
4 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

So, I think you'll see more stats hidden around here, and this mod will be why.

How do I hide my stats?

Members
5,364 posts
2 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

How do I hide my stats?

www.worldofwarships.com --> Log in --> Players --> Profile Privacy --> Private

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
8 hours ago, SeaView_ said:

I love it when someone makes that mistake. Oh he is a bad BLAP and they are on their way to port.... Or they go off about it in chat and show their maturity which makes me laugh. You would be shocked how many people it throws off their game they are so focused on shaming the person they dont know if he/she is a threat or not. Besides you can easily blacklist them and honestly those are probably that need to be.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[MHG]
Members
228 posts
16,615 battles
3 hours ago, Dareios said:

please provide your banking login details. why would you hide them? why would you care if I had them?

are you a thief, or an embezzler, an organised crime racketeer? You must be if you hide your financial details from my scrutiny, it cant be that you are a clean business person or its none of my concern what or how you earn.

I feel there are many things I'll need to address here.

1. Comfort level in sharing of personal information: I'm assuming you mean why would one care if anyone could look up, say the net worth of a person, maybe how much they earn, cars/properties they own, etc. and NOT actual "banking login details", because no one would want their money possibly stolen by others having the necessary details. But if it is the former, I can see people who prefer to keep a more private life not wanting their private details known by the general public. I personally never thought about it before, but I'm not sure I feel either way if my net worth was public knowledge like Jeff Bezos' is. This addresses "why would you hide them?".

2. What is personal information?: Different people are comfortable sharing different levels of information. While some people are so open they share details about their present/past relationships, others are so private they don't even like sharing information about their favorite food/music (I'm not joking, I've met a few). This is a very subjective matter and varies from person to person.

3. Stats in WOWS: I feel concealed behind your comments (and hidden profile) is the sentiment that your stats in the game, are to you as personal as your other private matters. Do players have the right to hide their stats? Absolutely. It's a personal choice, feel free to exercise it. Do I, personally think the information is as personal as some make it out to be? Not anymore than sharing information about your favorite movie. Do I find MMM useful and dictate my play based on the info i glean from it? Definitely! Allow me to explain.

Stats of enemy players: As has been pointed out by many people, it is very useful to identify good players on the opposite team and make sure they are punished when out of position. This is obviously done to maximize your chance to win, as a really good enemy player when left unchecked can be the reason for a loss. Also, if I notice a 3-man purple division is on one end of the map, I'd be more likely to move to that side, assuming I spawned close enough, to help stall them from rolling over that side if their stats demand it. I also sometimes use stats of bad enemy players to make more risky moves, although sometimes I pay more heavily for it than I intend. Nevertheless, this can be a useful information to determine the degree to which you can push without losing your boat/HP.

Stats of friendly players: This is very important in more ways than one. The most obvious being able to determine the level of support you can expect from your green guys when pushing a flank. I can with a very good degree predict whether a friendly radar cruiser is going to push close enough to help get out the red DD when I'm pushing a cap in my DD. I can also predict with a fairly good accuracy if a green DD will die within 1 minute of being spotted and must therefore take a more conservative position in my CL/BB. Then there are other ways to use that information for more advanced plays. I have been on teams with unicum Wooster/Smolensk/Minos and such. If they are unicum enough, I always try to lend them my smoke, even if there are CVs in the match as I know I can more often that not rely on them to use it to dish out some serious close range important damage to DD/CL and bring us closer to victory. That Smolensk with 6k average damage in over a 100 battles? No, not parting with my DD smoke as I might be better off having it on me if I need it myself. That Georgia with 100 PR who speed boosted into the enemy spawn in the first minute of the match and is now calling for support? Nah, he exercised his freedom to potato and I'll exercise mine to not follow suit. I enjoy playing for wins and I use all information I can get my hands on to maximize my chances.

Edited by OnociTsalk
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2