You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
joegils1

Bad Z-52 torps

8 comments in this topic

[WHARF]
Members
31 posts
16,077 battles

Aside from being really weak ( even now I see them out-performed by the new Euro torps), is anyone else having constant problems and getting really frustrated with constantly horrible Z-52 torp spreads....example: in a single bank narrow-spread launch having one torp go one or two torps going one way, then a massive gap, then 2 or 3 going the other way, having a gap thats big enough to drive a city block through? Ive gotten so frustrated with them that I am quitting playing the Z because its become really hard to hit anything because of the massive gaps . I just want to know if anyone else is having huge problems with them.

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,406 battles

Z-52 just got a massive buff to its guns.

It now pens 32mm even without IFHE, making it a pure gun boat

Don't worry about torpedoes, they are a nice bonus from time to time but the vast majority of your damage comes from guns.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
642 posts
12,054 battles
49 minutes ago, joegils1 said:

Aside from being really weak ( even now I see them out-performed by the new Euro torps), is anyone else having constant problems and getting really frustrated with constantly horrible Z-52 torp spreads....example: in a single bank narrow-spread launch having one torp go one or two torps going one way, then a massive gap, then 2 or 3 going the other way, having a gap thats big enough to drive a city block through? Ive gotten so frustrated with them that I am quitting playing the Z because its become really hard to hit anything because of the massive gaps . I just want to know if anyone else is having huge problems with them.

Z52 really not a torp boat.  Its a cap contesting/ dd hunting ship.  It has torps but there nothing to write home about.  you can one shot a BB if you shot gun them in the face.

[WHARF]
Members
31 posts
16,077 battles

I find that its not really either of them...cap contesting is iffy because of the and usually outgunned and out-spotted by pretty much every DD out there...everything else trashes it...and I have it rigged for contesting but I dont because 1: teams rarely backup contesters anymore, and 2: the handling is so poor it cant get out or out-turn anything before getting trashed. It's the ultimate "meh" boat....everything is OK at best....juuuust good enough to get your hopes up then drop you on your head. I've tried every possible handling config to try to get something decent, but nothing clicks.

ROFL....one-shot a BB with Z torps..... HAHAHA thats rich...Ive hit BBs with all 8 torps and never one-shotted a single one. Maybe only a couple dev-strikes, but etremely rare...because thats when my torps hit and all I see are 6500 and 8500 damages.....uncommon to get over 10k unless I miraculously catch one flat broadside..any angle at all...back to 6500 and 8500.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,910 posts
11,586 battles

id hardly call 14.4K damage torps that you can get off about every minute, with the upgrades, bad

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
12 hours ago, joegils1 said:

I find that its not really either of them...cap contesting is iffy because of the and usually outgunned and out-spotted by pretty much every DD out there...everything else trashes it...and I have it rigged for contesting but I dont because 1: teams rarely backup contesters anymore, and 2: the handling is so poor it cant get out or out-turn anything before getting trashed. It's the ultimate "meh" boat....everything is OK at best....juuuust good enough to get your hopes up then drop you on your head. I've tried every possible handling config to try to get something decent, but nothing clicks.

ROFL....one-shot a BB with Z torps..... HAHAHA thats rich...Ive hit BBs with all 8 torps and never one-shotted a single one. Maybe only a couple dev-strikes, but etremely rare...because thats when my torps hit and all I see are 6500 and 8500 damages.....uncommon to get over 10k unless I miraculously catch one flat broadside..any angle at all...back to 6500 and 8500.

Bringing up facts and studf does not matter.  Planes torps tickle but constantly hear about 1 shorting.

When attatudes are set there set.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,722 posts

On the tier 10 DDs... let's see... most of the torps that do more damage have lower range, and/or longer reload, and/or slower speed, and/or worse visible distance.

Not sure what the giant problem is with the Z-52's torps, especially mounted on a gunship DD with German hydro. 

[WHARF]
Members
31 posts
16,077 battles

The issue isnt so much their damage ( its by far not the best), but the crazy unreliable torp spread that usually has huge gaping holes in it that a house could drive through sideways...even with narrow spread set. I never see this problem on any of the other DDs I have.