You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Slava anyone?

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
324 posts

Saw my first Slava in my last match.  He was never closer than 10km to anyone and ended up first on the opposing team, and of course, won handily.   That thing is balanced!

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[RANGR]
Members
303 posts
3,964 battles

Seems like supertesters got their new ships this week, saw 2 slavas, a ludendorf and a richtofen (whom of which targeted me for pointing out he was a super tester)

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,235 battles
16 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

Saw my first Slava in my last match.  He was never closer than 10km to anyone and ended up first on the opposing team, and of course, won handily.   That thing is balanced!

Just because he was top and they won doesn't mean it was because of one ship.  It was probably more your team than anything.  Slava is in testing and usually they give them to very good players so I am not surprised it was at the top.

Edited by Admiral_Andy

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,907 posts
15,236 battles
36 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Slava is in testing and usually they give them to very good players

ST were in a range of from new to vet, not just "good players".

I am considered my self "new" player

Alpha Tester
6,439 posts
3,249 battles
38 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Just because he was top and they won doesn't mean it was because of one ship.  

Knowing what the Slava's like based on past videos I've seen, it was absolutely because of "one ship". That ship is so overpowered that a brain-dead chimpanzee would be guaranteed to get 350k damage and a Kraken in literally every single match they used the Slava in.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[HOT]
Members
254 posts
6,916 battles
50 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

ST were in a range of from new to vet, not just "good players".

I am considered my self "new" player

if you are new then i am a newbie then? all this time i though i was a vet?

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,907 posts
15,236 battles
9 minutes ago, Skyspartan said:

all this time i though i was a vet

you learn new thing every day :Smile_trollface:

its constant struggle to know the universe

[--K--]
Members
1,342 posts
10,140 battles

It doesn’t matter how much they nerf the armor, the guns never changed.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,235 battles
2 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Knowing what the Slava's like based on past videos I've seen, it was absolutely because of "one ship". That ship is so overpowered that a brain-dead chimpanzee would be guaranteed to get 350k damage and a Kraken in literally every single match they used the Slava in.

Past videos doesn't show what it does now.  Brain-dead chimpanzee guaranteed 350k damage and a kraken every battle?  You have quite an imagination.  I had a Slava on my team from a purple clan that didnt end up with a kracken so what are you trying to say about that player?   Like I said one battle with a ship on top spot doesn't make it over powered.  I have been top spot in a tech tree ship that was bottom tier but it doesn't mean it is over powered.  I just had a good game.  

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
504 posts
15,152 battles
3 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

I saw a diverse or Kremlin,  slava and skikashima, balance right wg, shelve the slava.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,893 posts
45,037 battles

the million dollar questions is will Slava be a tech tree ship (tier 10 BB line split) or will it be a resource ship?

[T2IOF]
Members
4 posts
4,938 battles

I've went up against 3 or 4 slavas in separate matches and only once did the slava player top the charts. I even brawled a slava in my Monty (I won lmbo). I don't see the new slava as broken or maybe the testers were going easy, idk. 

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
On 6/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, S7CentNickel said:

Based on its WIP stats, this is not the same Slava when it came out months ago. It received several nerfs which made it more balanced. And if you look at those WIP stats, there is no way this plays like a Kremlin since it has pretty weak armor. This is a sniping BB especially early-mid game. And yes, just like most ships, it does punish potatoes hard with its 406s (which doesn't mean it's OP) but don't do anything stupid in front of it and you'll be okay.

From the dev blog:

Soviet battleship Slava, Tier X:

• Fore- and aft-end plating reduced from 32 to 25 mm;
  • Fore-end armor belt's plating reduced from 150 to 100 mm;
  • Armor belt's plating at the edges of the sides reduced from 430 to 370 mm;
  • Armor belt's plating in the center of the sides reduced from 410 to 350 mm;
  • Amount of damage dealt to all parts of the ship except for the citadel, which is restored by the "Repair party" consumable increased from 40% to 50% 
Edited by Leopard_IX

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,850 battles
On 6/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, S7CentNickel said:

I'm getting tired of Slava complainers and threads just like the CV mains are tired of anti CV players and threads.

[INTEL]
Members
13,031 posts
35,939 battles
53 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

I'm getting tired of Slava complainers and threads just like the CV mains are tired of anti CV players and threads.

Then lobby WG to drastically reduce the CV presence. Course you are going to get a continuous stream of complaints about ships that ruin the game for  so many of its players.