You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

3 new German ships but game is still.....

7 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
6,206 posts

There is a saying, what happeneds when you clean trash? You get clean trash.  The game is not trash but the play has become it and is very very stale.  No amount of new ships will fix it.

The art department always brings it, sound is fantastic.  The islands look great and feel lived in.

The problem is the game play its self.  No matter how many ships you bring in EVERY game is the same.

Every map looks Basicly the same.  You can say, there was a new map not long ago.  They moved a rock here or there vut its the same.  Only ocean brings somthing different.

The scenarios are dead and not coming back even with subs rase your hand if you think they will make a convoy scenario.

I can pick up a 15 year old updated RTS and get a different game everytime.  Or a turn based ww2 game and every turn is different.

Wow's, new ship everything else is exactly the same.

Maybe WG does not care, maybe there is an infinite number of people coming in to replace the onse leaving.

I am sure there is no lack of talent or skill to do different things we have to assume you just dont want to.

Ideas: random generator for maps.  It does not matter of there "fair" or not there different.

Maps that are real places and real battles.

Scenarios lots of them.

Game modes of maybe: all Crusiers, CV vs BB different combos of ships.

Airplanes that spawn from the airfields depending on who owns that cap.  Talk about taking a cap vital!

You HAVE to change it up!!!!!

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

Banned
1,684 posts
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

There is a saying, what happeneds when you clean trash? You get clean trash.  The game is not trash but the play has become it and is very very stale.  No amount of new ships will fix it.

The art department always brings it, sound is fantastic.  The islands look great and feel lived in.

The problem is the game play its self.  No matter how many ships you bring in EVERY game is the same.

Every map looks Basicly the same.  You can say, there was a new map not long ago.  They moved a rock here or there vut its the same.  Only ocean brings somthing different.

The scenarios are dead and not coming back even with subs rase your hand if you think they will make a convoy scenario.

I can pick up a 15 year old updated RTS and get a different game everytime.  Or a turn based ww2 game and every turn is different.

Maybe WG does not care, maybe there is an infinite number of people coming in to replace the onse leaving.

I am sure there is no lack of talent or skill to do different things we have to assume you just dont want to.

Ideas: random generator for maps.  It does not matter of there "fair" or not there different.

Scenarios lots of them.

Airplanes that spawn from the airfields depending on who owns that cap.  Talk about taking a cap vital!

XQXqoFL.gif

I agree

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,409 posts
12,603 battles
23 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Scenarios lots of them.

two snaps rewind

[Y81]
Members
776 posts
3,935 battles

WG's main problem is they are nerfing the fun out of the game due to balance,either due to the infamous 'spreadsheet',or just trying to make things even,like with the maps.And don't seem to realise they have something that players are enjoying and is keeping them playing and nerf that as well ( Narai is the perfect example ).

Maps:

Island of Ice is the perfect example of cookie cutter map design:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/167793-the-evolution-of-islands-of-ice/

The first 3 were fun,the latest is just plain boring  and the same as the more recent maps.And older maps seem to be getting changed to the same sort of layout.Trying to make it even instead of letting players have some more challenge.

Operations:

Gave us something different to do besides plain PvE/PvP,and the playerbase lapped it up.But then they started nerfing stuff,plus we lost a bunch of them due to the CV rework.

Narai became a big XP/credit earner so instead of nerfing the rewards ( since a lot of players were playing it more for the fun of it anyway from what I seen ),they started nerfing the scenario.It was still playable through the first few revisions,but after they took out random spawns it became boring,and now they have nerfed earnings totally from what I have read ( haven't played in a while myself ).

One thing I have found is just how right in general WG had this game up until probably 12 months ago.I started playing Star Trek Online in February and although it is fun,and has been around twice as long as WoWs,I haven't really seen anything that would so far that would keep my interest as long as WoWs has.There is a heap of content in it,and plenty of Operation type stuff,but I haven't found any that are like Narai where you can play it straight over and not be bored.

I started playing Warships a week into open beta,and played virtually non stop from then until October last year and pretty evenly between the NA and ASIA servers.Went to PvE and Operations only from about October 2016 due to the poor play in PvP on both servers,but still was enjoying the game until then in the other modes.With just a few types of game modes and interesting maps and ships WoWs was able to keep me interested for that long.

• Cool 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
583 posts
13,165 battles
4 hours ago, jags_domain said:

The problem is they are making the maps be fair for both sides so they are going to all be similar.  You can only do so much with islands.  If they put an island on one side they have to have something mirror it on the other side or people will get very made that the other team has an advantage.  

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
4 hours ago, jags_domain said:

The art department always brings it, sound is fantastic.

This has been excellent in the game since day one.

The only gripe I have about the presentation is that the scale of the ships to the environment is ridiculously way off.  The ships are twice as large as they should be in respect to the environment.  That's about it, though.  This is probably a legacy of Alpha and maybe closed Beta, when the scale of the game was much larger than it is now. When the maps were "larger" since the ships were properly scaled to the environment.  Engagement ranges were longer, etc.

The ship models and visuals deserve a much better game than they're in presently.

• Cool 1