You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Coupon expiring

22 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
334 posts

With the coupons for consumables coming this week & ships next week, what are you going to use them on.  For me, I'm still having problems deciding between Stalingrad & Somers. Georgia will be for coal, but probably without the coupon.

Members
1,092 posts
27 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

With the coupons for consumables coming this week & ships next week, what are you going to use them on.  For me, I'm still having problems deciding between Stalingrad & Somers. Georgia will be for coal, but probably without the coupon.

jiZyssJ.gif

I can't decide oh well

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Don't know really, depends on what is on offer with the ships.

If there is a ship that appears, that I think is different from all the others, then maybe I might spend something.

But the coupons just seem to be for the 'same ol same ol' most the time. I can remember getting the 3 year/30% coupon when the Azur Lane event was on. Apparently anything that I thought was interesting, was already discounted - all the rest was the same ol.; so the coupon went unspent.

I just don't bother looking at the time the coupons expire, as tbh, it is a good offering that will get me to spend - not WG trying to make me spend because 'a coupon' is running out.

And their offers just haven't been that good.

Maybe if something I'm grinding gets to Tier X, I'll use it on a special upgrade.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

I’ll probably get Mainz, ... although Wichita or Saipan also itch on me.

[SNGNS]
Members
491 posts
6,049 battles
45 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Don't know really, depends on what is on offer with the ships.

If there is a ship that appears, that I think is different from all the others, then maybe I might spend something.

But the coupons just seem to be for the 'same ol same ol' most the time. I can remember getting the 3 year/30% coupon when the Azur Lane event was on. Apparently anything that I thought was interesting, was already discounted - all the rest was the same ol.; so the coupon went unspent.

I just don't bother looking at the time the coupons expire, as tbh, it is a good offering that will get me to spend - not WG trying to make me spend because 'a coupon' is running out.

And their offers just haven't been that good.

Maybe if something I'm grinding gets to Tier X, I'll use it on a special upgrade.

...hes talking about the in game coupons, the one for resource ships and consumables...

Edited by TobTorp

Members
3,598 posts
13,004 battles

Thunderer is only one (that I can acquire) that interests me. It'll most likely be a day 1 coupon refresh purchase. 

[HELLS]
Members
2,666 posts
27,234 battles

If most of the ships up for grabs were not paper ships, I might get interested. Otherwise, why bother?

[ALLY]
Members
275 posts
18,478 battles

I will be getting Stalingrad.  I usually do not buy ships for dubloons.  I did buy the Haida with dubloons that I have saved from events and the occasional SC that gives them to me.  I do not spend money on anything but occasionally premium time (when it is on sale).  I play as cheaply as I can.

C130 signing out

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
6 hours ago, TobTorp said:

...hes talking about the in game coupons, the one for resource ships and consumables...

So.was I, to explain:

1. Doubloons is resource that can cost real money. So I don't consider those ships unless there is a ship that really takes my interest.

2. Coal is a resource  but that is the same ol same ol I was talking about.

3. Never usd the signals or camo coupons, I have more than enough.

4. And if I haven't bought a premium or done the grind to TierX, why bother putting a special upgrade on (only to spend doubs/money to remove them)?

5. My example of the 30% off money coupon was to indicate where there is a constructed time limit to use a coupon - it does not matter to me. It can be a 50% off coupon, but if the value isn'ttheir - I aint buyin!

The fact is because WG have 'priced' their economy the way they have, and because the things on offer stay the same in the main (although I like the new steel camo - that coupons can't be used on so I won't buy them lol); I generally find the offerings meh and overpriced.

So I find I look for something when I want to look for something - rather than when a manufactured date for use is coming to an end. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Meh 1

[MHG]
Members
229 posts
16,961 battles
10 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

If most of the ships up for grabs were not paper ships, I might get interested. Otherwise, why bother?

If you had phrased your response as "If most of the ships up for grabs were not paper ships, I might get interested. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother?", I would totally understand, and would infer that you are either a naval history buff or are in some way related to the navy directly or indirectly, and more power to you. But you make it appear as though no one should be interested in any ship if it didn't actually exist, but that is hardly the case. Many of us, myself included just play the game and the different ships it has to offer for the fun factor based on our play style and do not bother with actual historical details regarding construction of said ships. 

[BSL]
Members
1,202 posts
20,878 battles
12 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

Thunderer is only one (that I can acquire) that interests me. It'll most likely be a day 1 coupon refresh purchase. 

Me too

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles
14 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

I picked up Marceau and I’m liking it. 

I have enough steel to get any of those currently offered but I’m going to hold out for awhile And see what shows up for steel in the next 6 months. A year ago I thought I would get Bourgogne but over the last 9 months my play has primarily been DD and some cruisers with a battleship thrown in occasionally. 

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
14 hours ago, CO_Valle said:

Sipan is different from everything else.

Mainz Wichita is more of the same.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

All out of coal/steel and doubloon coupons, so I don't need to decide anything in a hurry.

After two enjoyable rental periods, the Kaga is coming to my port when the dub coupon drops.

The coal coupon is going to get set aside for a while until the following things are known:

1) FDR - which resource, when, and how much? We've had two FXP destroyers  released at 2 million, a battlecruiser at 1 million and battleships for research points and steel recently, so I feel justified putting my money on this one being for coal.

2) Neustrashimy and Flint - we know these are coming back for coal sometime; the unknowns are when and how much.

If all three are still unavailable and/or unannounced the day before the Christmas coupon drops, and nothing else comes up for coal in the meantime, I will use the mid-year coupon to buy the Marceau.

[HELLS]
Members
2,666 posts
27,234 battles
On 6/14/2020 at 7:15 AM, OnociTsalk said:

If you had phrased your response as "If most of the ships up for grabs were not paper ships, I might get interested. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother?", I would totally understand, and would infer that you are either a naval history buff or are in some way related to the navy directly or indirectly, and more power to you. But you make it appear as though no one should be interested in any ship if it didn't actually exist, but that is hardly the case. Many of us, myself included just play the game and the different ships it has to offer for the fun factor based on our play style and do not bother with actual historical details regarding construction of said ships. 

I tend to collect and play ships ships that actually floated and served. As for the history buff aspect, check some of my other posts on this issue. As for who plays what, that is a matter of personal taste. To each his own...

[TF-62]
Members
84 posts
5,515 battles
On 6/13/2020 at 7:09 PM, CO_Valle said:

Mainz is way more fun than Wichita, and thats coming from a US CA main. She has built-in IFHE and sets fires like crazy. With Lutjens, you can get reload down to like 4 seconds I think. Immensely fun and you'll LOVE going into T10 battles. You can stop an entire enemy push by sitting behind and island and dakka'ing a BB

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles
55 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

Mainz is way more fun than Wichita, and thats coming from a US CA main. She has built-in IFHE and sets fires like crazy. With Lutjens, you can get reload down to like 4 seconds I think. Immensely fun and you'll LOVE going into T10 battles. You can stop an entire enemy push by sitting behind and island and dakka'ing a BB

I did get the Mainz and I certainly like it!, I had some pre-conceived ideas on how to build it, but it is so responsive that I’m using PTS to try alternate builds.

On the other hand, I’m still considering Wichita (a new coupon will drop after all), looks like you have it, any comment on it?, is it as squishy as Boise/NdJ? (after all I understand Wichita is a based on the Brooklyn hull but with 203s).

[TF-62]
Members
84 posts
5,515 battles
1 hour ago, CO_Valle said:

I did get the Mainz and I certainly like it!, I had some pre-conceived ideas on how to build it, but it is so responsive that I’m using PTS to try alternate builds.

On the other hand, I’m still considering Wichita (a new coupon will drop after all), looks like you have it, any comment on it?, is it as squishy as Boise/NdJ? (after all I understand Wichita is a based on the Brooklyn hull but with 203s).

Even more squishy in some respects. I'm a very big fan of the American 203s so you cant go wrong. T8 is my favorite tier and shes one of my favorite cruisers (behind the Mainz, that is)

• Thanks 1

[TF-62]
Members
84 posts
5,515 battles

Anyone else think the server reset time is ludicrious? Yeah coupon pop on the 22nd, at 8pm CST when most of us are done playing for the day and going to bed because we have work the next morning.