You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

The old Girl's still got it.....

10 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,190 battles

I recently swapped to Flamu's recommended build with Halsey at the helm and I tell you I am falling in love with this ship all over.

My first T10 Bb and yes, she may have been power crept in recent times. But when you can get into position to give them the full broadside she can't be beat for the fun.

I never ran expert loader on a BB but it just seems to work so well with this build, even at this stage I am still learning the optimum time to switch but I've caught enough folks guessing that my damage output just keeps getting better.

My only regret with her was grinding the UU and keeping it for so long. Monty thrives on using its full conceal build to get into those flank areas in the mid range where she can be so much more effective than a long range sniper.

shot-20.06.13_15.49.06-0909.jpg

shot-20.06.13_15.49.14-0280.jpg

shot-20.06.13_16.03.24-0590.jpg

Members
835 posts
5,798 battles

Aye she’s a fine ship. The common way to judge a BB is based on gun size but there’s so many intangibles that make a ship as a whole. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,915 posts
11,593 battles

who said she ever lost it? 12 16" Super Heavy USN shells cant be argued with, shes probably one of the few ships that can still hold its own in todays meta, and shes still got decent AA

Edited by tcbaker777

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

I recently swapped to Flamu's recommended build with Halsey at the helm and I tell you I am falling in love with this ship all over.

My first T10 Bb and yes, she may have been power crept in recent times. But when you can get into position to give them the full broadside she can't be beat for the fun.

I never ran expert loader on a BB but it just seems to work so well with this build, even at this stage I am still learning the optimum time to switch but I've caught enough folks guessing that my damage output just keeps getting better.

My only regret with her was grinding the UU and keeping it for so long. Monty thrives on using its full conceal build to get into those flank areas in the mid range where she can be so much more effective than a long range sniper.

shot-20.06.13_15.49.06-0909.jpg

shot-20.06.13_15.49.14-0280.jpg

shot-20.06.13_16.03.24-0590.jpg

Awesome 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,157 posts
18,998 battles
32 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

who said she ever lost it?

People trying to push a narrative. Something about USN ships and Russian companies.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[CK5]
Members
1,373 posts
14,342 battles

A lot of old ships still have it.  I played my Atago this morning and thought "this is really a good ship"!  I decided I need to play it more often. 

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

A lot of old ships still have it.  I played my Atago this morning and thought "this is really a good ship"!  I decided I need to play it more often. 

I think most still have it.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,768 posts
21,536 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The Atago never lost it. She is quite a ship!

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
16 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I think most still have it.

Some never had it :cap_rambo:

I would submit Katori! 

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Some never had it :cap_rambo:

I would submit Katori! 

She still has it too but you have to play to her strengths of which speed is not in the tool kit. With the slow speed positioning is more like a US standard BB but with ASM0 your guns are insanely accurate and you have the AA, as a tier 3(!!!), to make CV's take pause and torpedoes for when someone makes the mistake of closing in.