You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

Aircraft vision needs increased NOT spotting distance

16 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
3,053 posts
8,311 battles

As CV's spotting ability gets dialed in, STOP decreasing its ability to see spotted ships detected by other team members.  If the game engine views detection and sight as the same function, it needs separated.  The option does exist -- in spectator mode there is no viewing distance, yet spectators cannot spot ships.  A BB can see spotted ships for over 36km, but aircraft can't see but 16?  what?

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles

WG have steadily been nerfing the maximum range at which aircraft can see any ship.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

It's kind of a weird nerf in my opinion. I mean it's not like the CV can't see where ships are with the minimap. The only thing it really does is prevent the CV from seeing how much HP a spotted ship has while in flight(unless they have that mod that displays ship HP). It's kind of funny how the CV itself can see further than their planes too.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles

Most DDs are really hard to spot with CVs you have to fly right over them to spot them :Smile_hiding: Unless the DD player has AA on it hard to spot from a distance :Smile_bajan2:

Edited by LastRemnant

Members
7,122 posts
22,689 battles

A pilot sees a ship.....how can a ship literally 10x further away see the ship as clearly.

This is such an easy fix. It staggers me that the we just don't get a blip on mini map or a very hazy outline.

As a true captain in this world the curvature of the earth comes into play at 20km, actually less, trust me, Ive come in from many a fishing trip and missed my outlet by ten miles.

Cv's planes should not spot ships as if they were ships... how simple is this?

[PUMA]
Members
1,173 posts
11,014 battles
4 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

As a true captain in this world the curvature of the earth comes into play at 20km, actually less, trust me, Ive come in from many a fishing trip and missed my outlet by ten miles.

Sounds like your GPS needs fresh batteries :-)

Members
7,122 posts
22,689 battles
4 minutes ago, freggo said:

Sounds like your GPS needs fresh batteries :-)

they didn't have gps, but I get your point. I'm old enough to go out of key west when all we had was a 15 dollar compass

[PUMA]
Members
1,173 posts
11,014 battles
6 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

they didn't have gps, but I get your point. I'm old enough to go out of key west when all we had was a 15 dollar compass

It was a joke of course.

as for age, I am a pilot and have a few stories to tell about the accuracy of LORAN if used in a cockpit on a VFR flightplan.

On a good day you end up in front of your runway, on a bad day... (or night!) somewhere over unpopulated hill country with no visual clues as to what the hell just happened :-)

Edited by freggo
content correction

Members
7,122 posts
22,689 battles
26 minutes ago, freggo said:

It was a joke of course.

as for age, I am a pilot and have a few stories to tell about the accuracy of LORAN if used in a cockpit on a VFR flightplan.

On a good day you end up in front of your runway, on a bad day... (or night!) somewhere over unpopulated hill country with no visual clues as to what the hell just happened :-)

Lols as a Florida fisherman we would go out of West palm and hope we had gas to get to ft Pierce or Canaveral. Never really did grasp the power of the Gulf Stream.

0 posts
1 hour ago, Tekina_ said:

It's kind of a weird nerf in my opinion. I mean it's not like the CV can't see where ships are with the minimap. The only thing it really does is prevent the CV from seeing how much HP a spotted ship has while in flight(unless they have that mod that displays ship HP). It's kind of funny how the CV itself can see further than their planes too.

yeah its really stupid. I've been in games where Im the last one left and a ship firing at me goes invisible the moment I launch planes.

• Cool 1

0 posts

Look at this trash. Compare the screen to the minimap. Its a lonely world. Can I see that a teammate needs help? nope. Can I see if there is a target of opportunity? nope. Can I even see my own teammates? nope. Yet I'm still getting yelled at for not dropping fighters. 

I just fly around blind now hoping to bump into things.  IF WG wanted to ruin any ability for CVs to provide teamplay then congratulations you did it! This is no exaggeration.

shot-20_06.13_18_05.32-0970.thumb.jpg.d1ae03e5f735f743eea7ac3c21b5905f.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CYNIC]
Members
3,053 posts
8,311 battles

If one drops fighters in an area they can still see everything -- it's a really dumb function of the spotting / visibility mechanics.  Bajie (or whatever its name is) can FIRE 36km ---

Aircraft should be able to see spotted ships.  Spotter aircraft still retain the ability to see out to the ~40km or so on the ship that can fire that far.  In fact all ships should be able to see every other spotted ship.  If we're getting data via the minimap, which is for all intensive purposes the same data set that radar provides to allies, just show the ships.  This all falls back to providing players with all relevant info the team knows.  Again this isn't about spotting a ship, it's about seeing spotted ships that other team members have visibility of.  This would also be tremendously helpful in competitive modes, particularly CBs.  It'd also help in ranked where the mode is supposed to show an individual's ability to perform.  Just provide the data already. This doesn't break anything, it doesn't allow an unfair advantage, it simply gives all players all relevant info known by the team.   If a div is running, players can stream their view from the other side of the map and that doesn't provide any game breaking advantage or break rules, it just allows for a complete picture of the battlefield. 

• Cool 1

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles
3 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

A pilot sees a ship.....how can a ship literally 10x further away see the ship as clearly.

This is such an easy fix. It staggers me that the we just don't get a blip on mini map or a very hazy outline.

It's interesting too because in this time period, ship wakes were what normally gave them away.

For a plane flying very high above the ocean, most ships of this era we tiny.

You'd also see mistaken identification often as a result too

[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
58 posts
7,381 battles
21 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

As CV's spotting ability gets dialed in, STOP decreasing its ability to see spotted ships detected by other team members. 

I don't like this , but WG trying to please the other players. A CV captain well adjust and delete, I say. Its what we do. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,224 posts
19 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

That's because the world is flat and WG knows it... Explanes it all :cap_haloween: