You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

What's the strength of the Agir?

13 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
1,354 posts
25,741 battles

The gun is not really all that, yea it has torps but they have mediocre damage, and the secondary has been nerfed post-release, at least Alaska got great armor and very good gun, with USN radar, same goes for Krons with troll armor and long range radar.   Agir seems to be another disappointed FXP burner like the Azuma? what's the selling point of this pile of junk?

• Thanks 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
18 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

The gun is not really all that, yea it has torps but they have mediocre damage, and the secondary has been nerfed post-release, at least Alaska got great armor and very good gun, with USN radar, same goes for Krons with troll armor and long range radar.   Agir seems to be another disappointed FXP burner like the Azuma? what's the selling point of this pile of junk?

She looks great!

[WOLF3]
Members
30,965 posts
26,039 battles

Honestly?  Agir is a Main Battery focused Super Cruiser.  IMO she's okay, but if you got Alaska already and are being frugal with your spending, you don't need Agir.

It may have been different if she had her old WiP Mega Secondaries, but that's no longer there.  It was amusing watching Flamu's video and hearing him talk about the wonky old guns but the Secondaries just melted faces.  But again, that's all gone now.

Agir has no utility, and the things she stakes her reputation on, Main Battery, Alaska already does, and AK still has Radar while maintaining a really good Citadel protection scheme herself.

Alaska > Siegfried > Agir

Kronshtadt has unreliable gunnery (so much for Russian Bias).

Azuma has suspect protection and lacks Radar utility of Alaska.

Alaska does Agir's job, and more due to Radar.

Alaska is too good and brings far too many things to the table that none of the other Tier IX Super Cruisers can touch.

I don't have Siegfried, but I'm curious to see how her guns are in action.  Even then, Alaska does more than she does.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFB]
Members
1,027 posts
37,685 battles

As built in my port:

Kronshtadt  reload:16.3/dsp 225/ range 18.2/ radar 12k/25sec/ tanky armor 27 deck 230 belt  25 nose

Alaska   reload:17.6/ dsp 193/ range 19k/ radar 10k 42 sec / tanky armor 36 deck  178/229 belt 27 nose

Agir  reload: 17.6/ dsp 189/ range 18.5/ hydro 6k for 120 sec/ torps 6k  /armor 30 deck  90-190 belt   nose27

so just from stats they all have slightly different character. /armor 30 deck  90-190 belt   nose27

I find each one fun to play and their own nich

Members
612 posts
17,669 battles

I've found the Agir to play a bit like a tough Roon. Her guns are pretty accurate, and you can get her concealment down to 11-12k.

Find a quiet area about 15k out, then light BBs on fire or snipe some unaware cruiser broadsides (though AP is still good vs some of the softer BBs at that range). When BBs turn their guns, go dark again wasting their time.

She ambushes better than the Roon, but 6k (torp range) is still really close for the tier. Even 8k (secondary range with boosts) is going to have you eating a lot of damage. And her secondaries are meh at best. Brawling can be good to pressure wounded enemies, or to maximize your damage on your way out of the battle. Mostly though, she's a raider/harasser that (in my experience) is harder to citadel than the Alaska or Kron, while also being more stealthy.

Edited by Telastyn
  • Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,335 posts

Creeping into the 1milliin fxp mark I'm only concerned in one thing . Is it German. 😁

So it has wonky guns meh, so it has nerfed secondaries Meh.  it has below average torps too bad . I still havent seen a German ship not preform.  Not even poor old Gnieusnoues anemic guns have turned me off from German lines.

Steps up to the dock and says."

Shipwright I'll take this one! ...Does it come in Black?.":Smile_glasses:

• Cool 2

Members
883 posts
5,968 battles

Agir has the flat, fast ballistics with a rightish dispersion. Sieg beats it out there but not by a lot. I see Alaska more of a mid field lurker due to the gun ballistics and radar. With Agir’s flat and fast shells with no radar she can snipe or move in mid range to blap. Those guns are smallish but very punchy.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
55 minutes ago, Versili said:

Creeping into the 1milliin fxp mark I'm only concerned in one thing . Is it German. 😁

So it has wonky guns meh, so it has nerfed secondaries Meh.  it has below average torps too bad . I still havent seen a German ship not preform.  Not even poor old Gnieusnoues anemic guns have turned me off from German lines.

Steps up to the dock and says."

Shipwright I'll take this one! ...Does it come in Black?.":Smile_glasses:

man_of_culture.thumb.jpg.00cd0504db2f46e0321bedc59242d148.jpg

:Smile_teethhappy:

I, too, love German botes in this game, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I honestly don't really care all that much about how Alaska is better than Agir. Personally, Agir is my Alaska, and that's all that matters for me... and she really is fun to play for me. I love her very much. She's my newfound favorite bote... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,326 posts
12,980 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The thing Siegfried brings is that 25mm overmatch that has yet to appear among cruisers. Top tier, Siegfried may as well be a legitimate BB hiding in cruiser clothes while Alaska is merely a bigger bully in a t7 battle. 

Both Seigfried and Agir got the vaunted  6km 2 minute German hydro that Alaska and Azuma lacks. Not to mention that 90mm side freeboard above that 190mm belt that's hiding tell 80mm turtleback makes these two the heaviest Super Cruisers to date. Alaska doesn't compare.

I don't have either ship, but I've to citadel Agir or Siegfried while playing my Soyuz or Musashi.

Tougher super cruisers they truly are.

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles
53 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Honestly?  Agir is a Main Battery focused Super Cruiser.  IMO she's okay, but if you got Alaska already and are being frugal with your spending, you don't need Agir.

It may have been different if she had her old WiP Mega Secondaries, but that's no longer there.  It was amusing watching Flamu's video and hearing him talk about the wonky old guns but the Secondaries just melted faces.  But again, that's all gone now.

Agir has no utility, and the things she stakes her reputation on, Main Battery, Alaska already does, and AK still has Radar while maintaining a really good Citadel protection scheme herself.

Kronshtadt has unreliable gunnery (so much for Russian Bias).

Azuma has suspect protection and lacks Radar utility of Alaska.

Alaska does Agir's job, and more due to Radar.

Alaska is too good and brings far too many things to the table that none of the other Tier IX Super Cruisers can touch.

I don't have Siegfried, but I'm curious to see how her guns are in action.  Even then, Alaska does more than she does.

Alaska's armor scheme is a big deal here. The "hat" of German capital ships is that they are hard to citadel but Alaska is already hard to do that with. The citadel is very low, has an intermediate armor deck that cannot be overmatched, and the sides and athwartship are thick enough cruisers cannot penetrate them except at point-blank range.

[-1]
Members
813 posts
11,826 battles

The right question is what WAS the strength of Aegir )))

But seriously--run away from German 305s; they are not good and it can't be fixed.

[WOLF3]
Members
30,965 posts
26,039 battles
3 hours ago, Crokodone said:

The thing Siegfried brings is that 25mm overmatch that has yet to appear among cruisers. Top tier, Siegfried may as well be a legitimate BB hiding in cruiser clothes while Alaska is merely a bigger bully in a t7 battle. 

Both Seigfried and Agir got the vaunted  6km 2 minute German hydro that Alaska and Azuma lacks. Not to mention that 90mm side freeboard above that 190mm belt that's hiding tell 80mm turtleback makes these two the heaviest Super Cruisers to date. Alaska doesn't compare.

I don't have either ship, but I've to citadel Agir or Siegfried while playing my Soyuz or Musashi.

Tougher super cruisers they truly are.

The point on Siegfried's guns is legitimate.

Do not laugh off Alaska's protection scheme.  Alaska's Citadel is so well protected that we have had a bunch of threads where players are asking where they got to hit AK at to Citadel her, even with BB guns in close range.  The funny thing with AK is that her quirky Citadel protection gets better the closer the range is :Smile_teethhappy:

Hydro is nice, but the utility of 10km Radar with 35 seconds active time is much more critical.  In addition, Alaska can mount both Hydro *and* that 10km Radar at the same time.  Alaska brings far more actually useful utility to a team.

DD players don't whine about Hydro the way they do with Radar.  Alaska can do both.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
16,910 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Do not laugh off Alaska's protection scheme.  Alaska's Citadel is so well protected that we have had a bunch of threads where players are asking where they got to hit AK at to Citadel her, even with BB guns in close range.  The funny thing with AK is that her quirky Citadel protection gets better the closer the range is :Smile_teethhappy:

Hydro is nice, but the utility of 10km Radar with 35 seconds active time is much more critical.  In addition, Alaska can mount both Hydro *and* that 10km Radar at the same time.  Alaska brings far more actually useful utility to a team.

DD players don't whine about Hydro the way they do with Radar.  Alaska can do both.

How much are you making to promote Alaska?

I thought it was a discussion about Agir ;)

• Haha 1