You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vas7eel

Bleeding Doubloons and bring back Papa Papa flags to buy

7 comments in this topic

[B33RS]
Members
37 posts
15,269 battles

Hi,  I'd like to suggest there be a better mechanism implemented to handle what I call, bleeding doubloons.  Flags that are mounted on ships that run out, and get resupplied for doubloons.  It is so aggravating to see my total doubloons slowly bleed away, and me spending time after time trying to find the ship that's causing it. 

Also, personally  I find the whole "Auto Resupply" and "enable in game currency" options confusing.  I want to resupply flags after each battle, but I do NOT want to spend doubloons on them when i have run out. There should be a global way to set resupply rules if you want, or to show what ships are going to use doubloons so we players who pay and support the game aren't feeling cheated out of doubloons that erode away unintentionally.  There are hundreds of ships in the game, please work on managing the bleed easier for us, so I can spend my money where I want it and not spend my time constantly having to discover another ship that I didn't set properly before battle on the supply.  Again i have Hundreds of ships and the game has way more.

Regarding PAPA PAPA  flags, you used to offer individual flag bundles of these, can you please bring them back?  There are so many ships for freexp now, and i don't want to buy these flags bundled with other flags as I have a ton of the others.  Please consider doing 50x and 100x  and 300x papa papa flags by itself.  Give us more freedom to spend specifically on what we want.  

Regards,

Vas7eel

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,015 posts
22,576 battles

This has been a player complaint for at least 4 years. Believe it or not, it was more confusing before, Wargaming "fixed" it a while back. Personally I feel this design is intentionally vague in order to remove doubloons from players in drips and drabs. The fix is stupidly easy. Instead of "in game currency" (which at this point could be one of a dozen things), just utilize the phrases "resupply for credits" or "resupply for doubloons". This one mechanic and the way Wargaming addressed the issue, was the turning point for me in the distrust I feel towards Wargaming as a company, and it's employees. I believe their inability or unwillingness to present their product in honest fashion to be quite odious and repugnant. 

BTW the way to resupply signal flags is by using credits in Armory and using your coupons. This way you never have to spend one penny of real money on them. Coupons are resupplied once a month and you get several of them to use on signal flags. Buy the ones you need or think you are going to need, and build up a reserve. I do it this way and keep around 1000 of each signal in stock. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
59 posts
18,443 battles

Damn beat me to it.

There’s also some good ui mods in there that displays all your ships consumables on the carousel. Not sure if it’s in the official mod station but it’s def in Aslains mod pack.

Still not sure why WG hasn’t incorporated more of these into the client as options.

[B33RS]
Members
37 posts
15,269 battles
10 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

Get the official Modstation and then get the "Stingy By Default" mod.

Thanks, I'm actually using that through Aslain but I am still getting occasional doubloon bleeding, IDKW

11 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

This has been a player complaint for at least 4 years. Believe it or not, it was more confusing before, Wargaming "fixed" it a while back. Personally I feel this design is intentionally vague in order to remove doubloons from players in drips and drabs. The fix is stupidly easy. Instead of "in game currency" (which at this point could be one of a dozen things), just utilize the phrases "resupply for credits" or "resupply for doubloons". This one mechanic and the way Wargaming addressed the issue, was the turning point for me in the distrust I feel towards Wargaming as a company, and it's employees. I believe their inability or unwillingness to present their product in honest fashion to be quite odious and repugnant. 

BTW the way to resupply signal flags is by using credits in Armory and using your coupons. This way you never have to spend one penny of real money on them. Coupons are resupplied once a month and you get several of them to use on signal flags. Buy the ones you need or think you are going to need, and build up a reserve. I do it this way and keep around 1000 of each signal in stock. 

Thanks Taylor3006 for your reply, I agree with all of your points.  I'm a long time player as well, and have seen over time what I feel are practices that are not very honest in order to profit.  I'm all for supporting the game, which I have and still do to a point..  But I have also hit a turning point; Mine was the Puerto Rico event.  I purchased the boosters, probably a week into the event, played a good amount...  And fell hours short of being able to get the PR, literally by hours... I'm not even kidding, I took screen grabs  Which forced me to buy the rest out since I already committed to boosters..  I was so angry, felt so cheated and deceived.  It confirmed to me what I have been feeling about WG for a while now, I now also have lost much faith in them. But anyways, about the flags, thats a good tip you make about the armory, except Papa Papa flags are one of the few flags that you spend silver to buy, only Doubloons..  Sucks.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,015 posts
22,576 battles
42 minutes ago, vas7eel said:

But anyways, about the flags, thats a good tip you make about the armory, except Papa Papa flags are one of the few flags that you spend silver to buy, only Doubloons..  Sucks.

Ahh, I did not know this or remember it. Has been a long time since I had to buy signals honestly. Yes that would suck, I did not mean to mislead you with my coupon advice. Sorry. 

[PVE]
Members
11,856 posts
24,554 battles
19 hours ago, vas7eel said:

Thanks, I'm actually using that through Aslain but I am still getting occasional doubloon bleeding, IDKW

Thanks Taylor3006 for your reply, I agree with all of your points.  I'm a long time player as well, and have seen over time what I feel are practices that are not very honest in order to profit.  I'm all for supporting the game, which I have and still do to a point..  But I have also hit a turning point; Mine was the Puerto Rico event.  I purchased the boosters, probably a week into the event, played a good amount...  And fell hours short of being able to get the PR, literally by hours... I'm not even kidding, I took screen grabs  Which forced me to buy the rest out since I already committed to boosters..  I was so angry, felt so cheated and deceived.  It confirmed to me what I have been feeling about WG for a while now, I now also have lost much faith in them. But anyways, about the flags, thats a good tip you make about the armory, except Papa Papa flags are one of the few flags that you spend silver to buy, only Doubloons..  Sucks.

18 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ahh, I did not know this or remember it. Has been a long time since I had to buy signals honestly. Yes that would suck, I did not mean to mislead you with my coupon advice. Sorry. 

I wouldn't do it but you can get Papa Papa for Coal. 6400 = X20

• Cool 1