You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

60 comments in this topic

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles

What does everyone think about the current state of the game good, bad, meh. Do you feel that the game will keep going down hill or go up? What do you predict for Wows and it future. I predict disaster and misery.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

The game will continue to evolve over time and I don't think the sky is falling as many like to suggest.  We will see players that can't evolve with the game leave and new players come on, for the best too I think.

More importantly, I hope they will eventually be dragged kicking and screaming to get rid of loot boxes and the like once various Governments get around to legislating in-game gambling.

Edited by Snarky_Wombat
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
3 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

The game will continue to evolve over time and I don't think the sky is falling as many like to suggest.  We will see players that can't evolve with the game leave and new players come on, for the best too I think.

More importantly, I hope they will eventually be dragged kicking and screaming to get rid of loot boxes and the like once various Governments get around to legislating in-game gambling.

wish they would get rid of the boxes, no paper ships, and just go back to there origins and focus of what made them great at the beginning. 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,248 posts
19,606 battles

The game was good, now meh, will surely be bad. 

If WoT is an indication of how this will evolve, I have not much more time in the game.

Already dumped WoT, surely will dump WoWs, and WG will not care at all...

Some day I will understand that spending dollars in an online game is a bad idea.

• Cool 5

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts
21 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

What does everyone think about the current state of the game good, bad, meh. Do you feel that the game will keep going down hill or go up? What do you predict for Wows and it future. I predict disaster and misery.

people have been predicting disaster and misery for 5 years in this game alone

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles

game quality has been on a downward slope since about mid 2018 when wargaming decided to make the game easier and less skill intensive to appeal to new players at the same time churning out veteran players.

It is sad to see a game with good potential be discarded for the sake of pinching pennies.

• Cool 8
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
10,676 posts
18,567 battles

Disaster and misery are strong words... I predict an end, just like many games before it or since.

The end is without fanfare.. No pomps and circumstance, just the end...

[RM-I]
Members
445 posts
4,289 battles

There are a lot of problems. 

1. CVs overall. Just that

2. New player experience, so a new player got his shiny new T3 BB and they’re excited to play it, and they get a CV game and instantly get dunked on. 0/10 New Player Experience, great job WeeGee. 

3. DDs are extremely tedious to play especially in CV battles. 

4. HE Spam and CVs is becoming more and more passive which makes it boring and not fun to play. WeeGee needs to make the game more aggressive focused.

5. CVs in clan battles have completely ruined that mode for veterans to keep coming back

6. CVs, have I mentioned CVs as a problem?

WeeGee need to get their act together in the next 365 days or this game will die in 3 years. My solution would be just remove CVs. 

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

Members
85 posts
21 battles
24 minutes ago, King_Zacarias said:

There are a lot of problems. 

1. CVs overall. Just that

2. New player experience, so a new player got his shiny new T3 BB and they’re excited to play it, and they get a CV game and instantly get dunked on. 0/10 New Player Experience, great job WeeGee. 

3. DDs are extremely tedious to play especially in CV battles. 

4. HE Spam and CVs is becoming more and more passive which makes it boring and not fun to play. WeeGee needs to make the game more aggressive focused.

5. CVs in clan battles have completely ruined that mode for veterans to keep coming back

6. CVs, have I mentioned CVs as a problem?

WeeGee need to get their act together in the next 365 days or this game will die in 3 years. My solution would be just remove CVs. 

WG's "solution" to keeping veteran players is giving them new toys to dunk on newer/inexperienced players - like Slava

• Cool 1

Members
443 posts
451 battles

Meh...The game isn’t going anywhere, but it isn’t going to suddenly live up to it’s potential either. It’s just another computer game, although potentially more expensive than most, and not worth the gallons of salty tears that have been shed over every little blurp, gurgle, and hiccup.

• Cool 5

Members
235 posts

It's hard for me to judge, being new to this server, but I don't think right now things are that bad....That being said while I'm on the fence with regards Subs, its a huge risk and if they get this wrong the game dies(as an aside if you want to see a game die before your eyes you should try ArcheAge..... before people talk about how bad things are here, there isn't once I have logged into WoWs and I have been here since Beta that I have felt that ohhhh damn things are really bad, which was pretty much a daily thing with ArcheAge )

[LOSC]
Members
579 posts

It will survive, but needs to get rid of rocket planes.

It is Rocket planes that are so over powered at the current time. Yeah HE is a pain but you can

kite away or Work as a team and never get in that position.

Most true battleships do not travel alone they are in a battleship battle group and each has his job. 

• Meh 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,859 posts
15,775 battles

WOT just turned 10 and still has a pretty big community. WOWS is also a lot less grindy than WOT or WOWP is, so it may last longer.:fish_book:

in the end it all depends on what WG choose to improve/break in the coming years. 

• Cool 2

Members
85 posts
21 battles
57 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

WOT just turned 10 and still has a pretty big community. WOWS is also a lot less grindy than WOT or WOWP is, so it may last longer.:fish_book:

in the end it all depends on what WG choose to improve/break in the coming years. 

WOT isn't a good comparison because it was a much bigger game at its peak. Even if it took a big hit numbers-wise, it would still be a fairly large playerbase.

WoWS has always been smaller and had less mass appeal, so it has less room for error.

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles
1 hour ago, BladedPheonix said:

Because of an WoWS in-game prompt that offered premium time for playing WoT, I decided to give it a try (probably a year ago).  I watched some videos to understand spotting mechanics, angling, etc.

I couldn't do anything.  Driving the tanks around was fun, and I would get some hits and a few kills, but as a newbie I found WoT to be very frustrating.  So, I gave up on it.

That is what I fear most for WoWS...that it becomes to brutal and/or complicated for new players, and the influx can't keep up with the departing veterans.  Low tiers are already sparsely populated.  So, it appears to be happening.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,859 posts
15,775 battles
34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Because of an WoWS in-game prompt that offered premium time for playing WoT, I decided to give it a try (probably a year ago).  I watched some videos to understand spotting mechanics, angling, etc.

I couldn't do anything.  Driving the tanks around was fun, and I would get some hits and a few kills, but as a newbie I found WoT to be very frustrating.  So, I gave up on it.

That is what I fear most for WoWS...that it becomes to brutal and/or complicated for new players, and the influx can't keep up with the departing veterans.  Low tiers are already sparsely populated.  So, it appears to be happening.

took a while for me to get used to tanks too. main goal is just to have fun and try and work with others. that and pick your favorite tanks and just play those.

my favorites are the borask ( french shot gun), the T-49 ( slap and run) and the Kv-220 (slow but reliable):fish_aqua: 

WOWS is way easier to pick up than WOT, it shouldn't have that problem. newbies just have to be patience and once they hit tier 5 its basically "off to the races" which isn't too hard, you can get to tier 5 in like 3-5 hours?:Smile_child:

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,307 posts
7 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

I'd say "Meh", but then I've said that since they took out the flotation bar during Alpha testing. 

[SALVO]
Members
4,456 posts
3,825 battles
16 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

World of Warplanes.

Oh don't worry they are mixing it with Warships so we now can play planes and ships at the same time

• Funny 2

Members
1,624 posts

I would say that they will continue to increase their revenue if they continue to evolve. So, the future is already here, light cruisers with better armor and guns (AL. Nevsky) and heavy cruisers with SAP shells and great agility (Venezia). Last but not least, BB with less armor, but better shells' dispersion, RoF and agility,  such as the RN Thunderer...

Edited by loco_max

Members
1,624 posts

and (I forgot), they'll have to rethink the role of CV...Why not as it was during the War in the Pacific.  So may be more CV vs CV engagement and the rest of the fleet in support of these (as it was)...these type of battles, do not eliminate surface ship engagement, that should be focused on attack or defend each other including CV and not to dominate caps...

Members
85 posts
21 battles
4 minutes ago, loco_max said:

and (I forgot), they'll have to rethink the role of CV...Why not as it was during the War in the Pacific.  So may be more CV vs CV engagement and the rest of the fleet in support of these (as it was)...these type of battles, do not eliminate surface ship engagement, that should be focused on attack or defend each other including CV and not to dominate caps...

Because to a large degree that's how it was with RTS CVs... and it was highly unpleasant to be on the team with the lesser skilled CV. Even more so than it is now. Almost every aspect of the CV rework can be understood if one understands that making potatoes not feel frustrated was a key design goal.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,377 posts
20,047 battles

Well the game is pretty fun when it's just about the surface

Putting vultures above us and sharks below us with there own special rules, well what could be unbalanced and unfun about that?

• Cool 6

[LWS]
Members
13 posts
1,617 battles
8 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

The game regardless is amazing and fun to play, there are just few tweaks that WG should've taken care of.

Members
1,624 posts
51 minutes ago, leops_1984 said:

Because to a large degree that's how it was with RTS CVs... and it was highly unpleasant to be on the team with the lesser skilled CV. Even more so than it is now. Almost every aspect of the CV rework can be understood if one understands that making potatoes not feel frustrated was a key design goal.

well,  the meta's trend to more arcade and less simulation should be revised as well. I agree that skills of CV players are critical in battle, yet forcing CV to the lesser task  of hunting DD has to be reconsidered as unfun for the CV and the DD. CV mains are complaining about their low fire-power and DD lovers about lack of efficient AA...Give better AA to DD and allow CV vs CV battles! Then why not enhancing CV to the point that losing them would be a total disaster for the outcome of the battle and force  air counter CV activity...