Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

Possible ASW Suggestion and Plane idea

4 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hello,

So I was chatting in discord and thought of some ways to add ASW capabilities to BBs and CA.  Tell me your thoughts

- CA's should have the ability to drop mines.  The goal to create an area of denial effect to protect the BBs that are behind.   Since BBs don't have depth charges, this acts like a line of defense

- BB's get a new aircraft type.  This is basically a depth charge aircraft.  How it works is you activate the plane, it takes you into a special binocular view in which you select a position.  After selected, the plane flies over to that destination you selected and drops depth charges.  Since not all BBs had depth charges and this type of aircraft did exist, this takes care of the historically accurate problem.  Since BBs can play at range, they should be able to counter subs at range.

- Manual Secondaries buff against subs ONLY.  What I mean by this is that BBs should be able to do something if a sub gets too close.  So what can they do?  The secondaries should take charge.  However, the problem with secondaries is accuracy.  Subs are very small targets with a short opportunity time to actually deal damage to them while surfaced.  My idea was to leave Manual Secondaries Dispersion Decrease the same to all other ships, but make them even more accurate against subs.  An extra 30% dispersion decrease when manual secondaries are targeted towards a sub.  You need to think about since subs are small and only need a few seconds to surface and recharge battery, it is highly unlikely for your main gun turrets to traverse, reload, and aim at the sub.   Secondaries should be key. 

- Idea about aircraft consumables.  If you were to implement the idea about planes carrying ASW planes, the consumables should be unlimited to an extent.  Meaning, if you use a plane consumable (Spotting, Fighter, ASW plane) and the plane DOES NOT get shot down, it simply lands and refuels.  A consumable is not used.   Now, if the plane gets shot down, then the consumable is used.    Since CVs regenerate planes, the capability to shoot down aircraft shouldn't be limited. 

These are my current ideas.  Thoughts?

Edited by kishan99
  • Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Some of us have been pushing for "scout bombers" as an option for any ship with a catapult for months now. 

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Some of us have been pushing for "scout bombers" as an option for any ship with a catapult for months now. 

yeah, during the first round of sub testing, I thought it was a good idea and tried to push it

[PVE]
Members
6,196 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

yeah, during the first round of sub testing, I thought it was a good idea and tried to push it

1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Actually due to how limited the seperated sub servers & even the PTS (which most only play long enough to get their chump change then move on) is this technically was the 1st round of testing (at least open testing available to all).

When testing you wanna make it as idiot proof easy as possible to get as many people as possible to try it out (perfect example: CVs version 0.8.0).

Just my opinion but expecting more countermeasures to ASW for subs to be tested (while still keeping ASW limited to keep the numbers of sub players up to test it out) 1st & eventually (gradually...as they have the opportunity to take as long as they need) massive ASW (most all cruisers & planes for both CVs & BBs) to be included.

This round was to further test the experienced players (the ones from all the other tests) while including all the 1st timers...including all the potatoes so they can try to balance them to where even the spuds can play.

More tests to come & even expecting the 5.9-6km bobbing technique to get addressed (as in a delay to submerging as opposed to insta sink abilities) eventually also...but 1st...let the new players at least learn the controls...then they can work on balancing.

Just my 2¢

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Sign in to follow this