You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nlm_mln

Try Your Luck Container

18 comments in this topic

[RIO]
Members
35 posts
5,787 battles

So I always select Resource containers for coal and I must have accidently clicked a Try Your Luck container because what was delivered off the dock was a big container. Cursing and realising what must have happened I opened it up and....got an Indianapolis and 10 point commander! Sweet! I probably won't get anything good in any containers after that but it sure was a nice pull.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Edited by nlm_mln
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
927 posts
10,208 battles

You can get a Supercontainer from any of the selections.  Try Your Luck just has twice the likelihood of getting such a Supercontainer, and much poorer contents than the normal choices should you not get lucky.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
47 minutes ago, nlm_mln said:

So I always select Resource containers for coal and I must have accidently clicked a Try Your Luck container because what was delivered off the dock was a big container. Cursing and realising what must have happened I opened it up and....got an Indianapolis and 10 point commander! Sweet! I probably won't get anything good in any containers after that but it sure was a nice pull.

When clicking on any of the "standard" containers, there is a very small chance of actually getting a supercontainer instead, with potentially a greater reward than when clicking on the supercontainer itself like you thought you may have.  It's likely you just got that chance.

• Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I recently ditched the resource containers and just do, "Try My luck".  In 30 days, pulled 3 supercontainers, all had signals.  I am not sure if those are good odds or bad. 

• Haha 1

[T-D-M]
Members
42 posts
17,412 battles

Congrats,

I have have only picked try your luck since the containers were introduced and have pulled three ships in super containers to date. I value the chance at ships in game more than anything else.

peace :)

Members
927 posts
10,208 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

I recently ditched the resource containers and just do, "Try My luck".  In 30 days, pulled 3 supercontainers, all had signals.  I am not sure if those are good odds or bad. 

TYL is supposedly 3% chance for an SC.  If you got all three containers each day for 30 days, 90 TYL containers should on average yield almost 3 SCs.  So you were only slightly lucky to get that many, but perhaps unlucky to get signals each time (depending I suppose on exactly which signals).

[--K--]
Supertester
1,217 posts
11,113 battles
49 minutes ago, M_113 said:

Congrats,

I have have only picked try your luck since the containers were introduced and have pulled three ships in super containers to date. I value the chance at ships in game more than anything else.

peace :)

Which 3 ships did you get?

Picking resources the entire time could have probably gotten you more than 3 coal ships though.

[T-D-M]
Members
42 posts
17,412 battles

Hi, 

I received  Atago, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya and Blyskawica in super containers. 

I have either four or five coal ships already and will have another after the June 23rd 25% coupon renewal.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
3 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

(depending I suppose on exactly which signals)

2 detonation signals and the other container had fire chance

Members
830 posts
4,679 battles

Late last year I picked try your luck twice in a row, and got supercontainers both times. One of them I got an Exeter in it.

[RIO]
Members
35 posts
5,787 battles

For some reason I thought the Indy was a solid ship. After a few games my happy dance has turned into a frown with a shrug. The real prize is the 10-point commander I suppose.

[PHD]
Members
1,510 posts
6,439 battles

A year or so ago I did nothing but TYL containers. I  got one in 365 days of at least one container per day.  Now I don't care as the chance of getting a ship I want is lower than the chance of getting a SC in the first place. 

I prefer to get the coal in the resources containers now. I guess I was the "sacrificial anode " of RNG for the rest of you.

Members
201 posts
21,111 battles

I usually do the Resource container but messed up yesterday and chose Try Your Luck on one of them.  I decided to open it (I usually hold them until I have a big batch - only 119 right now) and was awarded with...  4 whole flags.  Every time I have selected it, I get 4 flags.  Therefore I am sticking to resources for now.

[TF_HQ]
[TF_HQ]
Members
86 posts
4,012 battles
15 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Congratulations on winning the sharkbait.

Thats just wrong.

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
19 hours ago, nlm_mln said:

Always Try your Luck. For the most part all other boxes drop things you can earn in game anyway. Even when a SC doesn't drop it still drops 750 free xp or 900 coal or flags or camos.

I have received the Prinz Eugen, Poltava. Perth, Texas and one more that I can't recall. Granted I gave played a lot of games. But to me, a chance at good stuff is much better that getting average stuff.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

For the longest time, i only ever selected TYL containers. I've gotten dozens and dozens of SCs, but never one with a ship. I did get two Steel SCs in back to back days however, and that was certainly worth it!