You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

WG... Toss DD's a bone.

12 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
441 posts
19,274 battles

How about a consumable that nullifies radar for a period of time.

Map size stays the same....almost all are a fight in a phone booth yet the range on radar goes out to 12km.... Why?

Add in with the radar mod radar stays active forever...and even in Randoms if people actually talk to each other they can extend that coverage to last forever. 

No....we don't need another DD line that has lasers for torps but hit like air soft. 

Understand that I say these things as a solo player.... Yes I understand that Div play and Clan play can yield totally different results for dds but those are the exceptions and not the rule.

I have almost 8500 battles in just DD's so I think I can speak on this subject but I also know I only speak for myself.....but honestly I don't think I do.

Help the class WG.....PLEASE

• Cool 4

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,571 posts
15,615 battles
43 minutes ago, Gyphon_GF said:

There is two currently in game with a third in testing.

64F5B4FE-D9BF-4E83-9D3E-80CD0438D5FF.jpeg

6221333F-8E48-46CD-8E99-435A340830D0.jpeg

94F84CAF-5BDF-44D1-A800-AA70F37FCC57.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[THREE]
Members
2,392 posts
13,120 battles

Hey

For DD's, I think they should limit the damage done by rocket planes, to lose from 3-5K for a single attack, only to have them turn around and dish it out again is ridiculous.  Another thing they should do to carriers, is let them burn just as much and as long as any BB.  We wouldn't have the issue of radar had the game play been "Balanced" so cruisers and BB's could work together instead of seeing BB's always in the back ground doing very little to support; seems like it's always 2-3 BB's that are the last to take damage and then lose their ability to defend themselves.  But hey, the game is working as intended, right?

Pete

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[THREE]
Members
2,392 posts
13,120 battles
1 hour ago, Gyphon_GF said:

Map size stays the same....almost all are a fight in a phone booth yet the range on radar goes out to 12km.... Why?

Add in with the radar mod radar stays active forever...and even in Randoms if people actually talk to each other they can extend that coverage to last forever. 

No....we don't need another DD line that has lasers for torps but hit like air soft. 

Understand that I say these things as a solo player.... Yes I understand that Div play and Clan play can yield totally different results for dds but those are the exceptions and not the rule.

I have almost 8500 battles in just DD's so I think I can speak on this subject but I also know I only speak for myself.....but honestly I don't think I do.

Hey

Do you really think Wargaming will NERF Russian bias radar and limit it to 10km, like the others Nations in the game?  I serious doubt they will "Balance" radar.  Consider WW2 and the US had the best use of radar on ships, not the Russians, but this game isn't based in any kind of reality (where is German "O" class ice breaker armor Wargaming?)

Pete

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,571 posts
15,615 battles
5 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Do you really think Wargaming will NERF Russian bias radar and limit it to 10km, like the others Nations in the game?  I serious doubt they will "Balance" radar.  Consider WW2 and the US had the best use of radar on ships, not the Russians, but this game isn't based in any kind of reality (where is German "O" class ice breaker armor Wargaming?)

Pete

I’d rather be radar’ed by Russian radar because it’s short duration. Man, getting lit up by the Des Moines is 60 seconds of waifu a island or do the “moves like Jagger” zig zag away.

• Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
833 posts
1,285 battles

Actually RU DDs are almost useless, so RU bias...

I thing giving more points for caping/defending/being inside cap will be nice.

[THREE]
Members
2,392 posts
13,120 battles
4 hours ago, Patosentado said:

Actually RU DDs are almost useless, so RU bias...

I thing giving more points for caping/defending/being inside cap will be nice.

Hey

The only thing that makes Russian DD's weak is their short range torpedo's, and their detection but they are quick, armored decently, and great gun ballistics.  Even if more points were given for capping and defending, it wouldn't change the camping BB's we see so much these days.  Too bad their wasn't a way to pair a BB and a cruiser in a type of in game Div. where the lives of that Div. are tied together, get a little extra XP, as a way to promote both trying to work together, game play, make the game less about damage and more about team work.  They could also give a few extra points for anytime a BB actually caps.  Because it sure isn't like the old days when BB's actually enjoyed a good brawl at close ranges which is part of the problem.

Pete

• Cool 1

Members
388 posts

LMFA0 that OP thinks WOW cares about making the game better.

WOW cares only about $$$.

Edited by nhf

Members
121 posts
215 battles
On 6/13/2020 at 6:52 AM, Gyphon_GF said:

That"s why i don't play high tier DD's as much anymore... I really want to but apart from the odd game where everything comes together and you have a great game, the rest are spent avoiding Radar/Air and slowly being pushed away from the action lol

Not all games are feast or famine but its painful playing high tier DD's in random.:Smile_sad::Smile-angry:

• Cool 2

[MASSD]
Members
542 posts
31,596 battles

1 fix the radar so it no longer works through islands and only shows line of sight 

2 make it damagable / destroyable 

3 get rid of planes being able to spot on the main map mini map fine  but in game map no

4 do something about the rocket planes  they are completely out of control 

5 fighters need to become their own entity again not a consumable that the Cv drops on top of the DDs to keep them spotted so everybody else can shoot at them CVs getting  deplaned is a real possiblity  let it happen .

6 no more plane respawns  I can't respawn my guns/ torp launchers once they are blown up why do planes get to come back like magic ?

• Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
833 posts
1,285 battles
On 6/14/2020 at 4:37 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

The only thing that makes Russian DD's weak is their short range torpedo's, and their detection but they are quick, armored decently, and great gun ballistics.  Even if more points were given for capping and defending, it wouldn't change the camping BB's we see so much these days.  Too bad their wasn't a way to pair a BB and a cruiser in a type of in game Div. where the lives of that Div. are tied together, get a little extra XP, as a way to promote both trying to work together, game play, make the game less about damage and more about team work.  They could also give a few extra points for anytime a BB actually caps.  Because it sure isn't like the old days when BB's actually enjoyed a good brawl at close ranges which is part of the problem.

Pete

Frenchies can do all that but much better.

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
6,918 battles
12 hours ago, Patosentado said:

Frenchies can do all that but much better.

Not so much.

Particularly once you get to T8, the RU DDs are FAR better at long-distance farming, with both HE and AP.  The very floaty French shells mean that out past 10km, your hit rate drops off a cliff.

My Udaloi (hardly the "top end") can VERY reliably hit BBs at 14km.  As in, well over 75% hits. That's impossible in any French DD.  And I'm doing that without having AFT, just the Slot 6 module.

I won't dispute that French DDs do better inside 10km, as their reload accelerator really, really is deadly and their torps at least reasonably effective.

The Udaloi, in particular, though, now that it has the 10km torps, is much more deadly than the Mogador in mid-range combat. The same goes for the other RU vs French DDs.  The RU ones still definitely have a major niche to fill.