Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bckstb_ferlyfe

Make Ducky play an AWFUL build: EP. 2 Completed!!

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
6,855 posts
15,276 battles

UPDATE 3: 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/654958368?t=00h48m51s

UPDATE 2: So we had a tie. an RNG roll gave it to the F3 Shima, but I'll play them both tonight. But the reward will go to the F3 shima. 

https://www.twitch.tv/ducky_shot_

 

UPDATE 1: voting for the 10 awful builds is live: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/220110-ducky-plays-awful-ship-builds-ep-2/

Poll will run until Monday evening. 

 

OK, after last episode's resounding fun and success, we are here to do it again!! Congrats to @tfcas119 for his build pick winning. 

OK here are the rules:

1. Pick an awful build for me to play on stream/yt.

2. I will put the first 10 of those builds into a poll and the forum will select the most awful one for me to play. The person that selected that build will get 500 dubs. 

3. Builds can be as vague or specific as you want. When they are vague I will try to execute it as close as I can to what is being asked. You can specify modules, upgrades, consumables and captain skills. 

4. The build must be viable for the ship it is for. IE: you can't pick a torp build for something without torps. 

5. Build ideas must not be an anti-build ("non concealment" or "non tanky" ). Instead use something like "full secondary" or something like that. If you want specify that I don't use a certain skill or module, then request what you want me to use in place. 

6. It must be a ship I have, I can access any tech tree ship and most premiums. If you pick a ship I don't have, I'll just skip over that one. 

7. Only one entry per person. 

8.A  new rule this week. A minimum 10 point captain build is what will be played. 

I will grandfather the top 2 non winning entries from last week to compete again this week. So I will put the first 8 ideas that you guys come up with in a poll alongside:

@MrDeaf stock Fubuki with 3 point captain (I will Grandfather this one past the 10 point captain rule)

@Wolfswetpaws secondary torp build Mikoyan (I'll get the exact wording, don't worry)

 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[O7]
Supertester
183 posts
12,376 battles

Edinburgh + Spotter plane

Slot 1: Spotting Aircraft Mod 1

Slot 5: Ship Consumables Mod 1

You can also add a secondary build on top for the extra challenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,346
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,964 battles

RPF Secondary Yamato with range mod in slot 6. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[BONKS]
Members
29 posts
4,898 battles

Torpedo build Minotaur with radar and double rudder, and AA module slot 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,480
[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,084 battles

Gnevny without turret traverse mod or Expert Marksman on the commander.

Edited by Ace_04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,855 posts
15,276 battles
9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Secondary spec'd Langley.

I'm going to have to put someone on ignore. 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,684
[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles

Hydro Atlanta, 10 point with massive AA skill. Torpedo tubes mod 1 (slot 3) and DCS mod 2 (slot 4). If you want a real challenge, you don't stop playing it till you get a single 100k game.

Hope whoever you have voting doesn't hate you. You might also avoid asking SUs for terrible set ups, because we actually know what is truly terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,536
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,643 battles

Legendary build Shimmy.

F3 torps.

MAM1,

TORPM1,

rudder shift. 

Captain skill must include TAE & acceleration torp. Speed skill with range reduction.

......

If your really not into the pain,  run the 12km torps with above mods skills....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,855 posts
15,276 battles
3 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Hydro Atlanta, 10 point with massive AA skill. Torpedo tubes mod 1 (slot 3) and DCS mod 2 (slot 4). If you want a real challenge, you don't stop playing it till you get a single 100k game.

Hope whoever you have voting doesn't hate you. You might also avoid asking SUs for terrible set ups, because we actually know what is truly terrible.

It's me on the forums. At least 63.2% of the people here hate me. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[Y0L0W]
Members
502 posts
16,570 battles

Khaba with a 10pt with Massive AA. No rudder upgrades, SCM slot 5, no smoke.

Edited by Bortt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,684
[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

It's me on the forums. At least 63.2% of the people here hate me. 

yeah, you'll hate yourself playing an atlanta with a concealment range that exceeds its gun range, not that it will matter since your guns do no damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[Y0L0W]
Members
502 posts
16,570 battles
15 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

10 point minimum

Khaba with a 10pt with Massive AA. No rudder upgrades, SCM slot 5, no smoke.

this one ok?

You get more heal, more speed and you're "safe" from planes.

Edited by Bortt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,855 posts
15,276 battles
1 minute ago, Bortt said:

Khaba with a 10pt with Massive AA. No rudder upgrades, SCM slot 5, no smoke.

 

 

 

this one ok?

Perfect, I think that is 8 now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[Y0L0W]
Members
502 posts
16,570 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Perfect, I think that is 8 now. 

Just for the meme's.

If you have school bus camo so you look like a pylon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
521
[GRAVE]
Members
1,256 posts
18,721 battles

Looks like I came a bit late, but I did have this idea: the full potato Shima

no camo

no upgrades

20km wide spread only 

no use of guns allowed

was going to also have 0 point captain, but seeing it’s a 10 point minimum, go with skills that might as well seem like 0 points ( PM, HA, BoS, IFHE or something like that)

Edited by tfcas119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,351
[WOLFG]
Members
9,550 posts
8,473 battles
48 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'm going to have to put someone on ignore. 

While there are a lot of horrible builds, making you play a CV costs you some of your soul.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
518
[P-V-E]
Members
1,498 posts

Full-on secondary build RN Neptune with commander with PM, AR, BFT, AFT, MFCFSA, you can use the final points as you wish.

Edited by b101uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,850
[WPORT]
Members
5,385 posts
10,416 battles
5 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

UPDATE 1: voting for the 10 awful builds is live: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/220110-ducky-plays-awful-ship-builds-ep-2/

Poll will run until Monday evening. 

 

OK, after last episode's resounding fun and success, we are here to do it again!! Congrats to @tfcas119 for his build pick winning. 

OK here are the rules:

1. Pick an awful build for me to play on stream/yt.

2. I will put the first 10 of those builds into a poll and the forum will select the most awful one for me to play. The person that selected that build will get 500 dubs. 

3. Builds can be as vague or specific as you want. When they are vague I will try to execute it as close as I can to what is being asked. You can specify modules, upgrades, consumables and captain skills. 

4. The build must be viable for the ship it is for. IE: you can't pick a torp build for something without torps. 

5. Build ideas must not be an anti-build ("non concealment" or "non tanky" ). Instead use something like "full secondary" or something like that. If you want specify that I don't use a certain skill or module, then request what you want me to use in place. 

6. It must be a ship I have, I can access any tech tree ship and most premiums. If you pick a ship I don't have, I'll just skip over that one. 

7. Only one entry per person. 

8.A  new rule this week. A minimum 10 point captain build is what will be played. 

I will grandfather the top 2 non winning entries from last week to compete again this week. So I will put the first 8 ideas that you guys come up with in a poll alongside:

@MrDeaf stock Fubuki with 3 point captain (I will Grandfather this one past the 10 point captain rule)

@Wolfswetpaws secondary torp build Mikoyan (I'll get the exact wording, don't worry)

 

Thanks for the second chance.  :-)

Good luck to all contestants.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,850
[WPORT]
Members
5,385 posts
10,416 battles

I voted.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,855 posts
15,276 battles
On 6/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks for the second chance.  :-)

Good luck to all contestants.  :-)

 No problem. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×