Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KHyena

Stop make new coins ever time

31 comments in this topic

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,887 battles

Just that, i know its profit AF to grab money from new players BUUUUT its terrible to any person without time to play 24/7.

Or at least make new permanent coins for a nation and re-use in other events (like soviet cruisers or dd with the same currence without reset it...)

Also the person how decide put Legendary upgrades in Research Bureau should get fired.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles

This is done to prevent players hoarding and getting a jump start on each new event. 

They want players engaged and playing regularly. 

• Cool 8

[SALVO]
Members
24,781 posts
25,829 battles
1 hour ago, KHyena said:

Just that, i know its profit AF to grab money from new players BUUUUT its terrible to any person without time to play 24/7.

Or at least make new permanent coins for a nation and re-use in other events (like soviet cruisers or dd with the same currence without reset it...)

Also the person how decide put Legendary upgrades in Research Bureau should get fired.

Actually, I think that it's great that the Legendary Upgrades are now part of the Research Bureau, because now you're not limited to grinding them using only that Upgrade's ship at tier 10.  The grind can be done with any line and across different tiers.

To me, the real gripe is the cost of the RB-based Legendary Upgrades, not the fact that they're part of the RB.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, I think that it's great that the Legendary Upgrades are now part of the Research Bureau, because now you're not limited to grinding them using only that Upgrade's ship at tier 10.  The grind can be done with any line and across different tiers.

To me, the real gripe is the cost of the RB-based Legendary Upgrades, not the fact that they're part of the RB.

Before all you had to do was own the ship you were trying to get the legendary upgrade for of course you had to play that ship to death to get the upgrade .

Now you have to have 5 tier 10 ships and grind the entire line for it and more than once I think to get the upgrade . I just totally dread that not interested in that at all .

Honestly both ways were kind of a lot of work for what you get with the exception of a few ships not really worth it .

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,340 battles

qTPiwXp.jpg

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
1 hour ago, KHyena said:

Wonder how many times I am going to post this today.

• Sad 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,051 posts
42 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Wonder how many times I am going to post this today.

That video is so true and whereas I laughed my 'A' off during it, once it was over and I had time to digest the message.....it was kind of depressing. :Smile_sad:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

Event-specific tokens make some sense. 

But the proliferation of "currencies" is a useless PITA.  We don't need the mishmash of credits, XP, 'F'XP, doubloons, coal, steel, regrind points, and "competitive" tokens.  

[SALVO]
Members
24,781 posts
25,829 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Before all you had to do was own the ship you were trying to get the legendary upgrade for of course you had to play that ship to death to get the upgrade .

Now you have to have 5 tier 10 ships and grind the entire line for it and more than once I think to get the upgrade . I just totally dread that not interested in that at all .

Honestly both ways were kind of a lot of work for what you get with the exception of a few ships not really worth it .

Clammboy, you're looking at the details of UU's in the RB but ignoring the overall concept.  I love the concept, but the details not so much.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

The RB should just pay out Coal or something as an alternate way to get an existing "currency".  That way there's be no locked-away content.  

[SALVO]
Members
24,781 posts
25,829 battles
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Event-specific tokens make some sense. 

But the proliferation of "currencies" is a useless PITA.  We don't need the mishmash of credits, XP, 'F'XP, doubloons, coal, steel, regrind points, and "competitive" tokens.  

Killjoy, the event specific tokens really aren't a proliferation of new currencies.  They're all essentially the same currency, i.e. "temporary event tokens" with a different name for each event.

One thing that I think could be an interesting idea would be to merge Steel and Research Points, with grinding in the RB giving the player Steel instead of RP's.  This would provide non-competitive players a way to earn steel as well as provide a stronger reason to grind in the RB.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Killjoy, the event specific tokens really aren't a proliferation of new currencies.  They're all essentially the same currency, i.e. "temporary event tokens" with a different name for each event.

One thing that I think could be an interesting idea would be to merge Steel and Research Points, with grinding in the RB giving the player Steel instead of RP's.  This would provide non-competitive players a way to earn steel as well as provide a stronger reason to grind in the RB.

I actually said something like that in my next post. 

In the post you're replying to, I was separating the event tokens from the other "currencies", and not including them in that second half of the comment -- thus their own paragraph saying they "make some sense".  

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

What's the point of anyone being a competitive player then? 

Members
477 posts
8,135 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

This is done to prevent players hoarding and getting a jump start on each new event. 

They want players engaged and playing regularly. 

And paying otherwise.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
37 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Because they enjoy it. 

If players have to literally be bribed to engage with some part of the game, then you already have a problem. 

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles
9 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Because they enjoy it. 

If players have to literally be bribed to engage with some part of the game, then you already have a problem. 

So if you take the rewards away, how many people would stop playing ranked? Once those players are gone how many start to leave because the queue times are too long? How many competitive players then leave because it isn't competitive? 

So then if players can get an adequate amount of steel elsewhere, then it starts this cycle anyways. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

So if you take the rewards away, how many people would stop playing ranked? Once those players are gone how many start to leave because the queue times are too long? How many competitive players then leave because it isn't competitive? 

Like I said, if the only reason players are in a mode or event is because of the payouts, and they wouldn't do it otherwise... then the issue isn't the payouts or the lack thereof. 

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Like I said, if the only reason players are in a mode or event is because of the payouts, and they wouldn't do it otherwise... then the issue isn't the payouts or the lack thereof. 

And I said that not every player is in the mode for the same reason. And removing 1 reason starts to remove other reasons. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

And I said that not every player is in the mode for the same reason. And removing 1 reason starts to remove other reasons. 

So you see no problem with locking content into modes that some players will hate, or that many players will find mediocre or bad, just to coerce into participating in those modes?  

You don't see the problem with literally having to bribe players to take part in an event or mode? 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,565 posts
8,505 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

So you see no problem with locking content into modes that some players will hate, or that many players will find mediocre or bad, just to coerce into participating in those modes?  

You don't see the problem with literally having to bribe players to take part in an event or mode? 

All events are basically bribing us.  No one is getting 20 some odd million potential damage in cruisers for the fun of it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

All events are basically bribing us.  No one is getting 20 some odd million potential damage in cruisers for the fun of it.

Really? 

For me the events are something extra for doing what I'd do anyway, I actually enjoy the game.  I might slightly adjust which ships I'm playing, but rarely how much I play. 

Playing 3 battles in Ranked to get that last sliver of Steel I needed for Flint before Flint went into limbo, on the other hand, was an act of calculated exchange of something I didn't enjoy for something I thought I would (Flint, which I was right about, for what it's worth).   But I wouldn't have ever have played enough Ranked to get the full Steel amount I'd have needed.  

[SALVO]
Members
24,781 posts
25,829 battles
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

The joy of competition.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,565 posts
8,505 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Really? 

Yes, really.  

I didn't play the Mikoyan because I enjoyed it.  I played it because it got me the Tallinn camo.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Yes, really.  

I didn't play the Mikoyan because I enjoyed it.  I played it because it got me the Tallinn camo.

I decided not to touch the Mikoyan with a 10 foot pole, even if it meant I wasn't get Tallinn early.

Members
5,364 posts
4 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I thought being a Clan Battles champion or purple player was about being a great player...

It's all about the rewards?  Interesting...

Sign in to follow this