Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Finality

Odin (will it be available for doubloon/cash later on?)

10 comments in this topic

[-SPS-]
Beta Testers
65 posts
8,092 battles

I just want to ask if Odin will be available for cash / doubloons after some time after the event?

Because I believe such information should be public knowledge whether this is going to be a Christmas Loot box-only drop or for cash / doubloons like other ships. 

I really dislike how vague this kind of information is regarding some ships. 

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,306 posts
26,945 battles

I like her speed guns kind of weak though...………………………... 

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles

I wouldn't be surprised if WG themselves don't know when they'll offer Odin for cash/doubloons in the future. And even if they did, it would not make sense to disclose that information, from the marketing point of view. Right now, they would want to nudge as many people to participate in the dockyard, and such information might comprise that goal.

My guess is around Christmas this year at the earliest, but most likely next year. That's just my guess though, lol.

[WOLF3]
Members
30,966 posts
26,039 battles

Don't hold your breath.

Tier IX Benham was (IIRC) a 2019 event reward.  Attained only through a pretty grueling set of missions.  Not PR bad, but most players didn't get her and yet was highly desired.

She has yet to return, and we're halfway through 2020 already.

X Puerto Rico has yet to return via "normal" means.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,118 battles

It's technically available for dubs right now since you can just buy your way through the dockyard. I kinda doubt we will see it for sale in the premium shop or arsenal at any point. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,428 posts
12,692 battles
20 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if WG themselves don't know when they'll offer Odin for cash/doubloons in the future. And even if they did, it would not make sense to disclose that information, from the marketing point of view. Right now, they would want to nudge as many people to participate in the dockyard, and such information might comprise that goal.

My guess is around Christmas this year at the earliest, but most likely next year. That's just my guess though, lol.

Well you don't really have to participate you can just play your game pick up what ever free stuff comes along and then see where your at  . Best case scenario you get the get ship for 3500 doubloons or 14 bucks . If not you can see how many doubloons you need to spend and make a decision then .

Selling the ship later at full price shouldn't really effect the the participation in this event especially if they wait a year . People are trying to get her on the cheap or they want her right a way .

Besides you can out right buy it right now if you want to spend the doubloons I think. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,792 battles
51 minutes ago, Finality said:

I just want to ask if Odin will be available for cash / doubloons after some time after the event?

Because I believe such information should be public knowledge whether this is going to be a Christmas Loot box-only drop or for cash / doubloons like other ships. 

I really dislike how vague this kind of information is regarding some ships. 

Well you can buy it now and for about the next two months. After that it may be available again but it will not be soon. 

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Well you don't really have to participate you can just play your game pick up what ever free stuff comes along and then see where your at  . Best case scenario you get the get ship for 3500 doubloons or 14 bucks . If not you can see how many doubloons you need to spend and make a decision then .

Selling the ship later at full price shouldn't really effect the the participation in this event especially if they wait a year . People are trying to get her on the cheap or they want her right a way .

Besides you can out right buy it right now if you want to spend the doubloons I think. 

If you ask me, what you describe still counts as participating, unless you don't pick up Odin by not paying any doubloons, even in the best case scenario of 3500 doubloons.

Like you said, selling the ship later for cash/doubloons shouldn't affect this dockyard event... but any information on when it might happen possibly could. Some people could hold off on spending doubloons now, in order to wait for the future sale, and that could mean less doubloons right now for WG.

And I believe it's exactly the people who want the ship 'right now' that WG is banking on to pay the higher 29,000 doubloons cost.

Just my 2 doubloons.

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
13,856 battles

I would guess she will be eventually. WG may wait a little for the new earned ship smell to wear off. Then they will sell her to pick up collectors who didn't finish the missions enough, weren't willing to spend 3500 dbls or she gets buffed to make her a sought after ship. 

Sign in to follow this