You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

What Happened to Moskva (2 years ago till now)

11 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,627 posts
16,706 battles

I used to have this ship two years ago and have 136K XP in her. Used to average about 55K damage. Now I have a 30% WIN rate in her, and my damage is somewhere between 0 and 20K with it. Have 19 point captain and all the upgrades. Brindisi is an easier ship to play.

Not starting any fires (maybe one-two per game at best), even with IFHE and Demo Expert. IFHE skill is from the Chappy assignment.

AP not doing much either, but after some rigorous effort, usually taken out in two salvos. Other way to play is to lurk around.

Devonshire is refreshing game play in comparison.

This thing reminds me of my Seattle, in terms of getting everything to line up (stars that is).

Members
358 posts
5,928 battles

Respectfully, why did you put IFHE on 220mm guns? That's your problem right there... errr at least one of them.

Maybe Brindisi is easier for you because it's stealthier and more maneuverable (and has smoke). I just got Moskva from the split and I can tell you this thing is more of a small battleship than a cruiser with these guns. Try fighting more from range and using your front armor. Don't give broadside either! Focus on survivability first, then when you get good enough at that then look at why your damage is so low.

[KRAK]
Members
1,627 posts
16,706 battles

IFHE is holdover skill from Chappy 19 point captain, now on Moskva. On Brindisi, it must be the SAP rail guns that do damage from almost any angle. I don't use smoke much, and torps almost never used. I'll fire those blind into CAPs to help a DD mostly. Brindisi connects well with the aim point and flat arcs. Her detection is 12 km versus 14 km for Moskva.

I used to do well in Moskva, have 136K XP in her, all ground the hard way through the tier chain, no buying free XP to do it. 

[APES]
Members
681 posts
8,389 battles
2 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

IFHE is holdover skill from Chappy 19 point captain, now on Moskva. On Brindisi, it must be the SAP rail guns that do damage from almost any angle. I don't use smoke much, and torps almost never used. I'll fire those blind into CAPs to help a DD mostly. Brindisi connects well with the aim point and flat arcs. Her detection is 12 km versus 14 km for Moskva.

I used to do well in Moskva, have 136K XP in her, all ground the hard way through the tier chain, no buying free XP to do it. 

Respec the captain, Moskva does not use ifhe. On my Moskva I have pt, pm, el, ifa, em, ar, si , fp, ce

Edited by Ado1fCarsar

[KRAK]
Members
1,627 posts
16,706 battles

Question, does IFHE preclude it from setting fires though. It will not set one, that is for sure.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
4 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Question, does IFHE preclude it from setting fires though. It will not set one, that is for sure.

Did you read the stats change on IFHE now?

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,339 battles

I found the Moskva to be more of a long range kiting ship. With the range equipment I have 19.3 km range. It's quite accurate from long range. Move to mid range further into the battle when there are fewer bbs. If you play aggressively in mid or shorter ranges this isn't the ship for you. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,627 posts
16,706 battles

I just looked at the leaderboard for Moskva. I am ranked 6551 out of 7012 players on the NA server. So that says it all. At least there are 50 worse players. Percent wise, I'm in the bottom 6% of all Moskva players. Grade =F.

For Helena, out of 9300 players, I'm at position 3225 from the top player. About 65% aptitude, 15% above the 50% player.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,603 posts
14,477 battles

Hey

I have a love, mostly frustrated hate relationship with Moskva.  I found the ship to be good on any broadside ship but anything remotely with an angle the shells either over pen or they ricochet badly.  I have quite a bit of ship XP on it, used in many clan battle games but never could get it to perform consistently.  It was rather tanky for sure and it seemed for me, it could tank more damage than it could dish out.  Frustrating and not an enjoying experience.  There were those moments of glory but then there were those other times, not so much.  I have over 1.4 million shipXP on it.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles

Ifhe is definitely hurting you... If you are only creating 1-2 fires that means you're only hitting the target 🎯 around or less than 100 shells a game. I know what the WG sheets say like moskva without ifhe or DE is 17% fire chance... That's fake numbers.... If you catalog your games you hit about 1/3 of the expected value... Some games higher some games lower... But it's close to 1/3 of what the chart says.... Example my Azuma /yoshino have either a 27-30% chance of fire but I actually create about 10%....

[WOLF3]
Members
30,997 posts
26,056 battles

Kind of late to the party but have you been gone for some months, OP?

IFHE had a massive change not long ago.  Before it gave the HE shell a big boost in pen with a 3% fire chance penalty.  Lots of ships happily took it.

The IFHE / Armor Update changed a number of things, but for IFHE specifically, the biggest alteration was that the fire chance penalty from it isn't a flat one anymore, but % based.

Full details here.  It arrived with update 0.9.2 in March 2020.

IFHE today would take Moskva's 17% fire chance down to 8.5%.  Even if you try to prop it up with Demo Expert, it's still only 10.5%.  For the amount of shells you're throwing down and for your reload speed, that's not good.

Couple that with people taking Survival Builds which reduces the likeliness of you setting them on fire, it's really not good for Moskva to do IFHE.

I think Henri IV with her 240mm HE took the same kick to the balls also with the update.  Before the changes, everyone took IFHE + DE on Henri.  Today?  It severely strips her Fire Chance from 22% down to 11%.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway