You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

I had to spend 300 Russian Tokens and buy the Mikoyan

25 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,280 battles

Because if I didn't, I'm 100% sure that whenever I bought some random containers hoping to get a Mizzu or some other fancy ship, I'd get the Mikoyan instead.

#portqueens, #randomisnotsorandom

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,093 posts
18,935 battles

Basically, yep.

• Cool 1

Members
588 posts
4,130 battles

Same here.

Maybe WG could give us the ability to send ships to dry dock, and a filter for these port queens?  :Smile_sceptic:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

Would be great if we had a "mothball fleet" option, where we can send ships we don't play but don't want to sell off.  

See also, Dreadnaught.  See also, every Clan Battles rental ship that clutters up my port.  

[OIL-1]
Members
1,259 posts

Armored Warfare had that option. Like designating a ship Primary, you could set one to Reserve, and never have to look at it.

Still puzzles me why Fortnite is the only game that takes good ideas from other games.

Members
5,160 posts
60 battles

300 tokens reward was basically a free coupon for Mikoyan. Though I'm not sure if that's a one-time chance, cause I want to get Tallinn! But it's sucks that I had to first get Mikoyan in a bundle before that, and I had to suffer with Mikoyan the Kirov Inferior to grind for tokens! :Smile-angry:

I can't afford to buy Ochakov or Pyotr Bagration for more tokens grinding either

Worse still, I truly hate Mikoyan. I never like her in anyways. I just wanna scrap her after when I'm done with the event! :Smile-angry:

Edited by Xero_Snake

[A-I-M]
Members
3,027 posts
13,273 battles
48 minutes ago, Xero_Snake said:

I can't afford to buy Ochakov or Pyotr Bagration for more tokens grinding either.

Even if you could afford to, the period for earning tokens from them has expired.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,280 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Would be great if we had a "mothball fleet" option, where we can send ships we don't play but don't want to sell off.  

See also, Dreadnaught.  See also, every Clan Battles rental ship that clutters up my port.  

Amen to that! The Dread was such a fun ship til the T4 CVs found out that she's got no AA at all and she's fat and slow and fun to ride ;)

1 hour ago, Xero_Snake said:

300 tokens reward was basically a free coupon for Mikoyan. Though I'm not sure if that's a one-time chance, cause I want to get Tallinn! But it's sucks that I had to first get Mikoyan in a bundle before that, and I had to suffer with Mikoyan the Kirov Inferior to grind for tokens!

Yeah. I had zero luck with the container crates, got a ton of the streamer ones and everything and never hit for more than 10 tokens. I have enough EXP on my Soviet tier ships so it isn't a biggie, but if I could've gotten the free camo I probably would've. Instead I get the Miko and a handful of flags for Commander and FXP.  *shrug*

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,416 battles
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

Because if I didn't, I'm 100% sure that whenever I bought some random containers hoping to get a Mizzu or some other fancy ship, I'd get the Mikoyan instead.

No you didn't.  Quit 'exaggerating'. It was your choice. Why you even bothered to start this thread? - do you just like admiring your 'typing'? Rather narcissistic, imho.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Boring 1

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,280 battles
47 minutes ago, Antean said:

No you didn't.  Quit 'exaggerating'. It was your choice. Why you even bothered to start this thread? - do you just like admiring your 'typing'? Rather narcissistic, imho.

Ummm, I was doing it for a laugh since we all have the same risk of getting the ship in the containers that we didn't want for free. Are you ok? Need a snickers? Are you not here and playing the game to have a bit of fun? 

!!!perfect-not-yet.jpg.411e5666b095555ae62a3300494c6efc.jpg

• Funny 2

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
604 posts
8,294 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Set all the ships you want to play as "primary".  Then filter your fleet to show only primary ships.   Now the mothball fleet is hidden away.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
12 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Set all the ships you want to play as "primary".  Then filter your fleet to show only primary ships.   Now the mothball fleet is hidden away.

I do that already.  It's a slog to set up because the lineup leaps all the way back to the left every time you change that setting on one ship. 

Would be nice to have an actual system solution, so that the Primary setting and filter could be used for other things. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
604 posts
8,294 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I do that already.  It's a slog to set up because the lineup leaps all the way back to the left every time you change that setting on one ship. 

Would be nice to have an actual system solution, so that the Primary setting and filter could be used for other things. 

How about just filter for Soviet cruisers since they are the only thing that matter anymore and they multiply like rabbits in port?  :Smile_trollface:. (Tongue firmly in cheek as I say this)

But yes, one more filter for a reserve/mothball fleet would do then I guess given your preference.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,204 battles

I just wanna say my truth about the Mikoyan.

This ship suuuuuuucks.

I have stepped in better things than this ship, left behind by dogs.

Carry on.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,769 battles
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

The Dread was such a fun ship til the T4 CVs found out that she's got no AA at all and she's fat and slow and fun to ride ;)

All true.  But I kept her anyway because, well, because she's the Dreadnought, y'know.

Mikoyan, though?  She never existed.  I used her for the missions, and that was more than enough.  Doubt I'll ever play the thing again.  I virtually never sell ships once I have them, but if there's ever going to be an exception, this is probably it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
24 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Avoided the whole thing.  Will buy flags with the coin.

I've spent them on premium time for certain days of max benefit so far. 

Normally there's a benefit to getting the first ship in the sequence even if it's not great (Hawkins) because you can start researching the line from that point. 

But Mikoyan is a garbage scow that does nothing along those lines.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[HKC]
Members
598 posts
49 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I've spent them on premium time for certain days of max benefit so far. 

Normally there's a benefit to getting the first ship in the sequence even if it's not great (Hawkins) because you can start researching the line from that point. 

Right, but I've never seen that as much of a benefit.  Getting to Tier 5 takes not too many battles.

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,416 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

since we all have the same risk of getting the ship in the containers that we didn't want for free. Are you ok?

Getting the Mikoyan for free  from a container earned by just playing is one thing, actually obtaining a Mikoyan by direct intention is another thing completely.

I no longer support WF (pardon me, WG) due to the direction it is taking WoWS.

You 'bought' random containers? I could ask the same, "Are you OK?"

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
788 posts
11,934 battles

STO has this "shipyard" concept. You can also expand it but cost real money. Useful for those ships that get power crept or you don't want to ditch. 

You would think this is something WG could implement 

Members
6,621 posts
20,609 battles
7 hours ago, TheArc said:

Ya, great call. Cause the Missouri drops first before all of the never played tier 5 and 6 giveaway ships. You showed them..... I bet the next box that drops for you is the Missouri or Shikashima.

Well played...…..

• Confused 1

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles
7 hours ago, TheArc said:

Precisely why I got her. Haven't played her in over a week.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,280 battles
5 hours ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Avoided the whole thing.  Will buy flags with the coin.

You sir are a risk taker, I respect that! 

2 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

Precisely why I got her. Haven't played her in over a week.

I knew I wasn't alone. I actually have never played her... I suspect I might when WG offers some bonus for removing snowflakes, but from everything I've read... I just have no interest at all.

3 hours ago, Antean said:

Getting the Mikoyan for free  from a container earned by just playing is one thing, actually obtaining a Mikoyan by direct intention is another thing completely.

I'm going to ignore you. I'm not sure who upset you, but clearly you've got some kind of issue. Ciao! 

!!both-wth.thumb.jpg.e270d6b40517e24f5fc10ffedc261436.jpg

Edited by TheArc
  • Funny 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,584 posts
2,423 battles
10 hours ago, TheArc said:

Exactly why I spent the tokens on Mikoyan, as well.  I can see absolutely no reason to ever play this ship over the Kirov, except for knocking off a snowflake once a year.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,416 battles
5 hours ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Will buy flags with the coin.

Me too.