You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Agir Final Review

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,691 posts
7,318 battles

305mm guns, same as Odin.  More HP than the T8 Odin... but a hard sell when Alaska is available and Azuma can hit harder with les effort.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,349 battles

Agir has torpedoes; therefore she has her ace up the sleeve, an alpha weapon of close-in last resort, which Alaska and Azuma lack.

This is the first T9 supercruiser which actually looks useful to me. 

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,446 posts

Alaska is very tanky, gets kills, seems to have an impact on the game, but those 305mm guns just won't do damage.

Members
75 posts
5,805 battles

The ship its funny, and the Torps lets you a extra weapon to brawl ,i pick the range mod and the rudder mod so at start u can do some dmg at range(21.5km) and more mid / end game push , with stealth mod the ship feel a bit slow to turn, and the reload mod let you with only 18.5km of range.

20200611_194024_PGSC519-Aegir_44_Path_warrior.wowsreplayHere a very funny replay, i this, i think my team go to push with me, error lol.

Edited by moretti6

[Y0L0W]
Members
641 posts
20,600 battles

So, I've played all 4 of the large cruisers (Alaska, Kronshtadt, Azuma, Agir)

Between all of these, I still think Alaska is the best and most rounded ship in terms of utility and tankiness. The really long lasting radar is tough to beat and the super heavy AP shells will do catastrophic damage more often.

The few advantages the Agir has is the Increased HE penetration that can counter Kremlin at range. It's also a more significant threat closer in with German hydro and torpedoes.

In terms of secondaries for the Agir, a few people have brought them up.  I wouldn't rely on them nor build the ship for them. They're a good bonus but you wont get any significant damage with them.

Edited by Bortt
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,470 posts
10,996 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Azuma has torpedoes?  :Smile_amazed:

I wonder if he actually meant the Yoshino or just mistakenly thinks the Azuma really does have torps?

Members
868 posts
5,956 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

Alaska is very tanky, gets kills, seems to have an impact on the game, but those 305mm guns just won't do damage.

You are mistaken. 

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,446 posts
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

About which part? 

That''s what I was just wondering.

Members
3,111 posts
12,673 battles
2 hours ago, z9_ said:

Your Alaska must have defective guns, because mine damages just fine.  In fact my Alaska and Alaska B do more damage on average than my Missouri and Iowa.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,354 posts
25,622 battles

Secondary has already been nerfed and it is absolutely useless to do a secondary build on the Agir, a full tank build to play this ship in mid to close range is pretty good, the slow reload isn't that effective against DD, still learning to capitalize the strength of this ship, but so far it feel a bit underwhelming to me....

[WOLFC]
Members
543 posts
9,506 battles
13 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Just one.

Considering this is the most I've seen anyone talk about Azuma in a long time, I was wondering if he was thinking of Yoshino as well. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,826 posts
25,945 battles
17 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Just one.

I remember when Hood came out, iChase hated it so much he called the best thing about her weapons was turning her into a torpedo :Smile_teethhappy:

[OIL-1]
Members
1,446 posts
45 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Your Alaska must have defective guns

That's what it is.
I watched the Flamu video where he's using the 'improved pen angle' to citadel a cruiser that's 11 km away and at a steep angle.
With my Alaska, from 10 km away at various cruisers, showing me flat broadsides, I get ricochets.

Just finished 3 campaign missions at the same time, for 50 citadel hits, and my Alaska & Salem were the only
ships that qualified for all 3, so I used the Alaska. Ran a bunch of battles, mostly using AP.
Had a couple battles with 150k damage, but 90% of battles were for 70-90k damage.
Very seldom died until the end. Got lots of kills. Won majority of the battles. Finished in the top 3 a lot.
But that damage output was pathetic.

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
8,219 battles

I think Alaska is basically better in every way except torpedos and german hydro (radar still better). I'm not saying that isnt significant, but less useful than Alaska's useable he and super heavy ap with improved angles as well as below water citadel.

That said, all of these big cruisers at tier 9 are better than tech tree cruisers imo.

Too bad Siegfried is in the RB, that was the most interesting ship.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,826 posts
25,945 battles
3 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

That said, all of these big cruisers at tier 9 are better than tech tree cruisers imo.

Too bad Siegfried is in the RB, that was the most interesting ship.

It was sad observing Tier IX Ranked stats.  It was a bad environment for regular tech tree cruisers which all suffered statistically.

IX Ranked was a BB, DD... and Super Cruiser affair.  This was the world of Musashi, Kitakaze, Jutland.  Alaska, Kronshtadt, Azuma all did well.  You can see that in regular cruiser stats which were pretty bad.  Also very telling was the low battles played by them.  Except for Super Cruisers.  They got played a lot and did considerably better.  People even gave up on the regular Radar Cruisers:  Buffalo, Seattle, D.Donskoi, they were all nonfactors.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
8,219 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It was sad observing Tier IX Ranked stats.  It was a bad environment for regular tech tree cruisers which all suffered statistically.

IX Ranked was a BB, DD... and Super Cruiser affair.  This was the world of Musashi, Kitakaze, Jutland.  Alaska, Kronshtadt, Azuma all did well.  You can see that in regular cruiser stats which were pretty bad.  Also very telling was the low battles played by them.  Except for Super Cruisers.  They got played a lot and did considerably better.  People even gave up on the regular Radar Cruisers:  Buffalo, Seattle, D.Donskoi, they were all nonfactors.

Fully agree.

I still enjoy playing traditional cruisers, but it's just so much easier to take these out. 

I might get Agir for the late game yolo potential. I enjoy aggressive ships even if the game is actively discouraging aggression. I would just prefer Siegfried I just hate the RB.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,995 battles

Irrespective of your super cruiser preference, it's long past time that the super cruisers had their own MM slot. There are enough of them now.

Long long past time. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
On 6/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Several tech tree cruiser lines seem to suffer badly from the tier IX uncanny valley.   Roon, Seattle, Neptune, etc. 

On top of that, I think some players are bad at taking the shortcomings of the supercruisers in terms of agility, visibility, flammability, etc into consideration, and just see bigger hulls with bigger guns as inherently superior. 

14 minutes ago, Sirzin_6 said:

This ship should be a tier VII, not a IX. Lack luster, horrible, waste .........

I'm loving Agir, but I'm strange.

Not sure if I should encourage more people to buy it to keep the stats down, or tell everyone it stinks so I can enjoy it in relative rarity.  :Smile_teethhappy:

8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Irrespective of your super cruiser preference, it's long past time that the super cruisers had their own MM slot. There are enough of them now.

Long long past time. 

None of them are tech tree, however, and I see many battles in which there are none. 

I'm not sure the actual population is high enough, even if there are... eight of them now? 

• Alaska
  • Puerto Rico
  • Azuma
  • Yoshino
  • Linda Kronstadt
  • Stalingrad
  • Agir
  • Siegfried

Am I forgetting any? 

Speaking of which, is there any reason to keep Linda Kronstadt in the cooler now that there are all these other "supercruisers" available? 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,613 posts
On 6/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The entire reason for tier 9 tech tree ships is to make people crazy so they will spend their money to bypass it.:Smile_glasses:

Edited by awiggin