You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

A quick refresher on reporting

5 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
933 posts
10,200 battles

I need someone to walk me through the process of copying a replay file and reporting someone for intentionally throwing a ranked battle. Also mouthing off to us for calling him out on it during the battle. Normally not salty, but this was as blatant as someone can be without pinking themselves.

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,421 battles
4 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

2. Do not report CVs if they are humble and offer flattery in chat.

In that case they get a compliment for being a good sport but still a report for playing CV

And it cancels each other out, balance restored.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
4,372 posts
11,269 battles

Basically, find the replay in your replays folder. Launch it with the WoWS client and get screenshots (you can use print screen while playing if you want), especially if you’re reporting the chat as well. Go to the WoWS website, go to player support, and follow the prompts to create a ticket. Describe what you’re reporting in the message field (including time stamps if you’re referring to something specific), and drag and drop or click to attach the replay and screenshots. 

You don’t need the screenshots to report, just the replay, but support tends to like having the screenshots too based on the two times I contacted them for TOS violations years ago before giving up reporting anything to them after their blatant antagonism and failure to even notice anything was wrong. Players more recently have also said the same about screenshots normally being asked for as well. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,259 battles

If you are upset, be sure to make a big fuss. Contact the people who work for the company who provide the game service, and demand that something be done.

Remember, you are the true arbiter of what is morally pure and righteous. These people are your private force of do gooders, and you are their leader. Instruct the staff at WG on how they must do good. They need you divinely inspired guidance.

The world will not improve, if majestic people such as yourself do not hunt down and punish the wicked.

You are this important. Your offence, your emotional outrage, is this important.

Get everyone involved. Spend everyone's time on the issue. Leave no stone unturned, by other people, as you preach morality to the world.

Be the guy. Be the guy who files a ticket with support, because he is upset about what other people said in an online game.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,850 battles

Been a long time since I've felt the need to do this, but as I recall, it wasn't terribly hard.

If you think something fishy was going on, find the replay in your replays folder.  Then go to the customer support website and basically follow the instructions to open a ticket, explain what you think the problem is, and attach the replay file.

You will get an automated response telling you your ticket has been received.

Now...forget about it.  That automated response is the only thing you'll ever get.  Well, after WG checks out the replay file, they may follow up with questions, but they will not tell you what, if anything, came of it.  If they agree, they will take some sort of disciplinary action, but they will NOT tell you about it.  So, like I said, send the problem to WG, then move on to your next game, and forget about that one.