You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Armory Update Review

28 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,487 posts
13,882 battles

An updated design, the ability to preview camouflages and ships, and more!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1

[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
60 posts
21,202 battles

When are you going to add a "credits by default" option??

Many of us are sick and tired of "accidentally" spending doubloons every time a flag or a camo manages to resupply itself without warning.

I know there is a mod for that, but many of us don´t know.

I understand you love money, like almost everyone, but it would be nice if you made money when people want to spend it, not every time they forget to check this or that.

Edited by Gigia
  • Cool 5

[--V--]
Members
1,402 posts
13,521 battles

Is it going to fix the problem where MANY of us can't even OPEN the Armory?  Haven't been able to get in there for 2 patches.   Or the Dockyard for that matter.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles

Need to fix the Dockyard and the Armory . 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
803 posts
9,637 battles

The dockyard loading seems even worse then the PR event. It’s only opened once for me and I’ve tried accessing it many times. Most of the time i have to close the entire game because the dockyard doesn’t load properly. 

the armory is also a problem, but not as often and at least I can exit it without closing the entire game

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[BTH]
Members
317 posts
16,449 battles

You can now also access the Armory via a web browser, without having to launch the game client at all.

I used to be able to but not any more :fish_palm:

blob.thumb.png.be5910224b8cd25d118e0072ae2e6469.png

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
189 posts
8,818 battles

I find the new armory to be cluttered and confusing.  It looks like the guy who created Windows 8 Tiles took over your GUI design team.

It's slow and cumbersome.

As I'm typing this it apparently locked up my game, so now I'll have to quit the game and relog to review for more comments.  Hold on.

Nope, just had to escape to port and go back to Armory.  So at least that's good.

I have to wonder why UI changes to the Armory and Combat Missions were released in the same patch and share no common design elements?  If the goal was to begin to reskin the game UI, then sure that's fine.  But to add 2 new glitzy pieces that look completely different, just makes the game feel more disjointed.  The Combat Missions UI is at least similar to the Tech Tree UI that was redone not that long ago, so why make the Armory so different?  Same goes for the in-game Premium Shop.  Is that in the works, because it also has a unique look and seems like it should just be a tab in the Armory anyway.

I also think that in the old Armory, the UI did a better job of highlighting temporary event-based categories like the Subs or Soviet Cruisers events.  Now they are just extra icons at the bottom of the list.  These stood out much better under the old design.

The search feature is of limited use as well since it is just a text search.  For example, if I search for "signal" the only hits I get are the signals available for Soviet Cruiser tokens and there are no results for the main set of signals under customizations.  This is because someone named the signals differently.  In the Cruiser Event section we have "Papa Papa signals" while in the Signals section we have "Papa Papa."  So if I search for "signal" I get the one for cruiser tokens and not the one in the Signals section.  It seems to me that search could be made a lot more intelligent and search against categories or something other than just the name of the item.

The wallet is a nice idea, but it seems weird that most of the contents are just a repeat of what is immediately to the left of it.

In the end, it just feels like someone put a lot of effort into the glitz of it, while not thinking nearly as much about the functionality.

Edit to Add: The Armory is locking up when I click on the ships section.  I relaunched the app, and it does it again.  The other sections load fine, but Ships locks every time.  I can hit escape to get back to port fortunately.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
39,205 battles

I can`t get the Armory to work so if WG new update was not to let people to get into the Armory good job.

[FFG33]
Members
6 posts
4,795 battles

Bring back "Rewards Collected" 

The new UI is clunky and confusing and I believe is designed to conceal nerfs in player rewards.  

The new tasks for the shipyard are the same impossible tasks from the P.R. disaster with a new face.

Edited by Jan_Baert
After playing some games I finally found the Rewards Collected. Apparently it no longer reports rewards for daily missions. It is not a bug but a feature.
  • Cool 1

[VULCN]
[VULCN]
Members
7 posts
13,173 battles
1 hour ago, Croda said:

I find the new armory to be cluttered and confusing.  It looks like the guy who created Windows 8 Tiles took over your GUI design team.

It's slow and cumbersome.

with a little old Soviet drab thrown in as well just to make it a bit worse.

also i agree with the others calling for the rewards screen to be back.

Members
1 post
6,200 battles

I have submitted a help ticket to address the fact I cannot get into the Dockyard. All I see is the Hamburg port and the World of Warships logo in the center of my screen with the blue circle in the middle spinning. 

I also agree that the Armory is clunky and somewhat confusing.

WOW Dockyard issue.JPG

[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles

What I find is that the pictures in the Portal look great , though what I SEE in the armory is nothing like those pictures .

That being said , I have to agree.....looks like win8 tiles and the layout is poorly designed .

[IHW]
Members
2 posts

All my Research Bureau  points disappeared with the update.  I'm up to tier 8 in my latest reset but now have 0 points.

For those who do not not understand programmers, their motto is " If it ain't broken keep fixing it until it breaks!"

Edited by smithkeywest
  • Cool 1

[NAUT]
Members
148 posts
3,033 battles

Nobody asked for a newly designed mission log and armory, now they are both overcomplicated, and clunky. Somebody please make a mod to switch it back, because I am 100% sure WG does not care and will force us to live with it.

[APES]
Members
983 posts
6,239 battles

I find the new preview pictures of the ships (in both the in-game Armory and website Premium Shop) rather confusing and hard to read. I much prefer the old, rectangular pictures that conveyed a lot more information about the ship.

[TCAL]
Members
1,203 posts
12,430 battles

A redo of the armory COULD have included some new ships THAT ACTUALLY EXISTED for resources, specifically coal, but NOOOO.:etc_swear:

I have the coal and coupon to get the Georgia, BUT I DON'T WANT HER. :cap_horn:

[M-B]
Members
108 posts

just wanted to leave my two cents.  i dont like the new armory.  way to cluttered. the old one was a lot easier to find what i was looking for on.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,370 posts
10,403 battles

Finding the mouse-scroll-bar for most of the game menus, including the new version of the armory and dockyard-event screen is difficult.  There's not enough color difference/contrast to view key features of the graphic-user-interface.
This applies to the daily rewards screen, too.

Icons without words are not as useful as words that have icons which accompany the words.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
22 posts
14,530 battles

The new UI changes are simply terrible, I can no longer even understand what I am looking at, the effort to get information out of the interface now is such that I've stopped bothering with trying to do any of the missions and am not even looking at the dockyard. Go ask someone who understands UI design to explain to your team why everything that was changed is bad.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
987 posts

The update is like a horror show for the UI.

Isn't there a QC team on this testing stuff out . We mere peons don't have the lux of having the latest and greatest Rigs out there.:Smile_facepalm:

WG U so Silly.....

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
987 posts
5 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

A redo of the armory COULD have included some new ships THAT ACTUALLY EXISTED for resources, specifically coal, but NOOOO.:etc_swear:

I have the coal and coupon to get the Georgia, BUT I DON'T WANT HER. :cap_horn:

I honestly thought Seigfreid was gonna be coal. lol.

Meh oh well.:Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic:

[PYK]
Members
2 posts
3,841 battles

I used to be able to work my way thru the armory, but not anymore. How do I find ships for resources?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,864 posts
17,901 battles

Some of the armory views take way too long to load.  Previous version was instant (or at least instant enough I didn't notice delay).  On some views, this version churns and churns and churns to the point I have to escape out without being able to do what I wished to do.

[TCNNA]
[TCNNA]
Beta Testers
19 posts
7,914 battles

Sorry but the old Armory was MUCH better. Who agreed on the team that this was in any form better than the old one? Must of been a closed meeting between 2 people. 

Also the new Armory is so sluggish and doesn't even load most of the time. That will definitely help people spend less money in the game, WAY TO GO! 

Beta Testers
71 posts

Yah..I don't mind new stuff and new interface in general but this is not it...cluttered, hard to figure out what is what and so on..please change back...it sucks...nice try but this is just not very well thought through :(