Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Tier XI wth more ping ping pong?

3 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
4,440 posts
3,825 battles

I've been very vocal with my distaste of the ping-homing torp mechanic, I find it needles and at the same time dumb and/or overly complicated depending if you have the "eye" to land those pings or not. What I didn't expected is that same mechanic to be applied to the future development of Tier XI + "Modern Warfare" aka Guided Missiles. Since nothing is "sacred" anymore (... subs...homing ordinance...) we can now expect anything to be included into the game with the objective of keeping it fresh and enjoyable.

In order to "set for fire" your missiles (limited ammo count, at least no unlimited shots) you need to land "radar" pings on the objective, and keep it "lighted" for the missiles to land accurately. Expect an assorted range of new consumables with ECM and a rework of AA with the inclusion of point defense systems. 

Can we get rid of the ping ping pong mechanic before it is too late?

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

I'm expecting sharks with frikkin' laser beams attached to their heads to arrive at some point in the future.  Hopefully by that stage, the game would have since devolved to the point where I already decided to bin it permanently.

I love this game, but much less now than I used to.

I've said it before:  The ship models, and other efforts put into the visuals and sound, deserve a much better game than what we have here.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[_BDA_]
Members
307 posts
4,843 battles
7 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I'm expecting sharks with frikkin' laser beams attached to their heads to arrive at some point in the future.  Hopefully by that stage, the game would have since devolved to the point where I already decided to bin it permanently.

I love this game, but much less now than I used to.

I've said it before:  The ship models, and other efforts put into the visuals and sound, deserve a much better game than what we have here.

And then there will be Klingons...

bop.gif.736b897ef9b0ecbfb54980fd884c865d.gif

Edited by michael_zahnle
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this