You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,009 posts
8,377 battles

This has been already out there in the community but WG refused to listen. So I'll try to post it here in simple words about the unique upgrades being moved to the research bureau

Current Situation - Unique upgrades are being offered in the research bureau for 19200 research points (equivalent to 2 line resets or 1 line reset with double xp bonus). First off that is a high price for a UU. Second point is that when a new player reached to tier 10, he is then expected to reset the line and grind it all over again (1 or 2 times depending on the situation of bonus xp) to buy the UU from the RB. So the logic is, said player technically wont even play the ship and wont fully recognize the abilities of the ship, then buys the UU and is now expected to make a  choice between UU or no UU. Also dismounting the UU costs 25 doubloons (not too high, but still requires said player to PAY, if they dont have any free doubloons lying around) 

Old Scenario -  Player reaches the tier 10 ship and plays 1 battle and is granted a mission for the UU. This mission requires the player to play atleast 40+ battles to successfully complete it and obtain the UU. While completing this mission, the player PLAYS the ship and gets the idea of the ship's capabilities and can then decide if he wants to try to "the alternate playstyle" being offered by the UU or not. 

So WG decided instead of making the player play the ship the UU is supposed to be for, now has to reset a line and grind it all the way back to earn those RP and buy the UU...... who can see the flawed logic here? surely it cant just be me or the "pro players"....WG just refuses to acknowledge it and keeps on forcing things in the RB even when the playerbase is opposed to it. Also they just took a roundabout way to what the initial RB was supposed to be. "A place where you can upgrade your ships, and make them stronger by the different kinds of buffs we propose". and now the RB just basically offers you the UU which in some ships are necessary upgrades needed to experience the full potential of the ship imo. Its just a toned down version of the initial RB proposal. WG stop forcing bad ideas on us and instead listen to the playerbase and work on things that improve gameplay. You launched a discord server to "connect" with more of the playerbase..... even in the voting on the discord the RB feedback vote received so many downvotes and WG still ignored it. Clearly even the discord playerbase is too minority and WG has a secret channel where the playerbase is happy with the UU being moved to RB instead of actually grinding the ship and understanding  the characteristics of the ship 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[AK]
[AK]
Beta Testers
28 posts
10,837 battles

Totally agree. Wargaming as done exactly what they said they were going to do with the RB in the first iteration. RB = controlled Paragon points!

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

WG ignored the players in the closed beta tank game. They've never listened to the players. Why would you think they would start now?

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,489 posts
3,829 battles

I don't do RB stuff but as you describe it, it doesn't looks like an improvement. There is some logic behind unifying "end of the line" upgrades through RB but in this case, the solution comes out worse than the original situation.

[SNGNS]
Members
491 posts
6,049 battles

the problem i see is that the rb is not for the "weekend players" (no offence meant, some people don't have that much time, and that's OK) or even most "normal" players. its a resource hole, where people are supposed to throw their accumulated free xp and credits in. its meant for people with 500 mill credits and 5 mil free xp that are sitting on all ships. its endgame content, if you will. so from wgs perspective, its not important that you or i lose access its important to get the High-end players to part with there resources.

• Cool 4

Members
3,759 posts
23,357 battles

Basically the RB is getting little traction among players. So WG is moving content it knows players want to the RB to force you to use it. Basically doubling down and pushing it down your throat until you give in to their wishes.

• Cool 1

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,457 battles

I really cannot understand this.  Research Bureau puts UU's off the map for people still grinding lines which is over 90% of the players. 

Members
1,009 posts
8,377 battles

Exactly. So now for the player that doesnt spend too much time playing this game has zero chance to get the UU's unless he whales and somehow gets the FXP required for it and gets the UU without even playing the ship if at all, whereas previously the player could grind it at his leisure and go at the missions one by one. Defies all the logic of playing the ship to understand it and then making a choice to to use an alternate playstyle or not

• Cool 1

Members
1,059 posts
4,376 battles

I'll at least get the Kurfurst UU because of the fact that I unlocked the mission for it before the RB changes went live. That's really all I have to say about that. Otherwise, what about the other UUs that I wanna get, like the one for Zao, when I finally unlock it? 

Why WeeGee, why!?

:SerB:

[KILL]
Members
948 posts
10,999 battles
4 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I really cannot understand this.  Research Bureau puts UU's off the map for people still grinding lines which is over 90% of the players. 

The point of the UU is for people done grinding the lines.   Kind of what the point of the RB is.    Makes sense to me.

[GT3]
Members
152 posts
6,244 battles

Seems a lot of grinding for something so trivial... Most of the UU seem more nerf than buff.

Doubt id ever bother with em.

• Cool 1

Members
3,078 posts
15,941 battles

When will you guys realize that for WG it's not about the players, it's about the $$$$$$. You can talk about it to kingdom come and nothing will change unless people stop opening their wallets. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, LookUpAndDodge said:

This has been already out there in the community but WG refused to listen. So I'll try to post it here in simple words about the unique upgrades being moved to the research bureau

Current Situation - Unique upgrades are being offered in the research bureau for 19200 research points (equivalent to 2 line resets or 1 line reset with double xp bonus). First off that is a high price for a UU. Second point is that when a new player reached to tier 10, he is then expected to reset the line and grind it all over again (1 or 2 times depending on the situation of bonus xp) to buy the UU from the RB. So the logic is, said player technically wont even play the ship and wont fully recognize the abilities of the ship, then buys the UU and is now expected to make a  choice between UU or no UU. Also dismounting the UU costs 25 doubloons (not too high, but still requires said player to PAY, if they dont have any free doubloons lying around) 

Old Scenario -  Player reaches the tier 10 ship and plays 1 battle and is granted a mission for the UU. This mission requires the player to play atleast 40+ battles to successfully complete it and obtain the UU. While completing this mission, the player PLAYS the ship and gets the idea of the ship's capabilities and can then decide if he wants to try to "the alternate playstyle" being offered by the UU or not. 

So WG decided instead of making the player play the ship the UU is supposed to be for, now has to reset a line and grind it all the way back to earn those RP and buy the UU...... who can see the flawed logic here? surely it cant just be me or the "pro players"....WG just refuses to acknowledge it and keeps on forcing things in the RB even when the playerbase is opposed to it. Also they just took a roundabout way to what the initial RB was supposed to be. "A place where you can upgrade your ships, and make them stronger by the different kinds of buffs we propose". and now the RB just basically offers you the UU which in some ships are necessary upgrades needed to experience the full potential of the ship imo. Its just a toned down version of the initial RB proposal. WG stop forcing bad ideas on us and instead listen to the playerbase and work on things that improve gameplay. You launched a discord server to "connect" with more of the playerbase..... even in the voting on the discord the RB feedback vote received so many downvotes and WG still ignored it. Clearly even the discord playerbase is too minority and WG has a secret channel where the playerbase is happy with the UU being moved to RB instead of actually grinding the ship and understanding  the characteristics of the ship 

Having to pay to 25 to unload it is insane

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
17 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

But that's the point.  It's not supposed to be meant for most players in the first place.

There are a percentage of players who have acquired all the ships they intend to get and are just sitting on hundreds of millions, if not a billion or more credits, and millions of FreeXP.  This is who the RB is targeting.  To get them to use up their accumulated resources and otherwise find new ways of potentially spending more of their own money in the game.

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,457 battles

So locking away legendary modules, something new players really look forward to, behind a grind wall geared at less than 1% of the players is great idea?  I say less than 1% because 1 out of 100 players have not finished the lines.  Interesting views.

[SNGNS]
Members
491 posts
6,049 battles
18 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

So locking away legendary modules, something new players really look forward to, behind a grind wall geared at less than 1% of the players is great idea?  I say less than 1% because 1 out of 100 players have not finished the lines.  Interesting views.

...if you only play this game for a uu, then why are you playing the game? grind the lines, get free premium ships! do cb! do ranked! get coal ships! get better! its not like there isn't tons of stuff to do...

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,258 battles

I technically don't have a dog in this race (I have all the avaliable uu's) but it would of been nice to have options. It would of been nice to be able to choose whether to obtain the uu through a combat mission, or through the rb. 

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
6 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

When will you guys realize that for WG it's not about the players, it's about the $$$$$$. You can talk about it to kingdom come and nothing will change unless people stop opening their wallets. 

I really wish more people would watch this vid to realize that your above statement is true - and why it is.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
74 posts
11,802 battles

1 of the big problems with the UU in the RB is the need to have completed 5 lines 1st. By the time you have finished the 5th T10, you have either have a set play style for the 1st 4 T10s or have moth balled the 1s you don't like. Which really makes getting the UUs seem unnecessary, unless you are hoping the proposed other play style will fit your game better. I for 1 can't be bothered to do the RB, still have way to many ship lines to still try or grind to care to reset any of them. I just enjoying trying out the ships and keeping the ones I enjoy and then moving on the next one. With the rate Wargaming is dropping in new lines, I will not run out of new and different ships to try to want to do any line over again.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

I am in a weird state with the current UU's. I have 10 missions for them (I have 16 tier 10's), but I can't be arsed to go for them right now because I feel like they are all about to be changed and not for the better. At the same time, I don't want to reset any lines in case I decide to start going for them in the remaining 6 months (I believe) that I have. I just don't see the value, particularly when the "good" ones are (or will be, most likely) nerfed.

On the flip side of that, the idea of resetting an entire line is just... awful. I don't have the time to play through them again, and I doubt I ever will. I have several other lines I want to finish before I do anything else. I do have a lot of free XP to use, and I get it fairly easily because of a stockpile of flags and camo, but I'd rather use it for new ships as opposed to skipping a grind. 

So coming from that standpoint, my whole view on the research bureau is that I should just completely ignore it. It holds no appeal for me, I don't have the time to regrind lines, and I'd rather use my resources elsewhere. Everything feels overpriced and as stated, even the UU's are going to be at best, side grades. I'd love to get an Ohio, but the price to unlock it is so prohibitively high for me, that I don't consider it obtainable. I guess that's my biggest gripe to Wargaming. I'm already deep into this dockyard event, and I try to participate in everything that I can, but the RB is something I feel like I can completely ignore - is WG okay with that? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,247 posts
12,682 battles

There's no money to be made in the old scheme.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles

My opinion as I have stated before is that usage of the RB is low so they are trying to push people to use it. While I am not against regrinding lines I am against losing access to those ships until I have ground past them so I will not use the RB.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 hour ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

There is always going to be end-game content available only to a small number of dedicated players.  Most online multiplayer games follow this model.

That new players - or anyone else, for that matter - look forward to legendaries doesn't mean they should have quick access to it.  If they want it bad enough then they should work for it, not that doing anything in this game is "work".

I just don't buy the notion of giving everything to everyone just because a pious minority suggest or imply that's how it should be - and that they themselves want what others have that they don't, without having to work for it, which I suspect what this is really about.

Edited by Kuckoo