You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Review of the Updates to Combat Missions

38 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles

We're going to tell you about some changes to combat missions: a new interface, additional optional requirements, and more.

Read it on the portal
  • Meh 2

[-RNG-]
Members
35 posts
23,144 battles

Why change something that wasn't broken?  Made it more complicated and confusing.  Go back to the old system....please!

• Cool 7

Members
6 posts

how does taking it from one page you could easily scroll through to multiple pages make it simpler? 

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

The only good thing is the "or" in mission requirements. Rest looks unnecessary as others mentioned.

• Cool 2

[TMAAG]
Members
80 posts
20,100 battles

I've seen this sort of thing before. Somebody had an idea on how to make something better but instead complicates things. Going to be some angst over this.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,774 posts
21,548 battles

Just another way to present the same data. Have to get used to it is all.

Was it necessary? That depends on if WG has something in the future missions implementation that would benefit from this type of presentation. Otherwise the UI is receiving a more modern facelift with the collapsible menus with scrolling data. Nothing wrong with that.

• Meh 2

[SKI]
Members
248 posts
48,690 battles

new interface is MUCH better guys   GOOD JOB !

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[VULCN]
[VULCN]
Members
7 posts
13,235 battles

It is dark, dreary, confusing, harder to find what your looking for. There was nothing broken  on the old one. Please go back to the old one ...or at least give  us the option to pick. Same goes for the changes in the armory.  If its not broke please don't fix it!!

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
816 posts
9,704 battles

The new interface is much better Imo and the combat missions for each portion of each day now count instead of completing a series of tasks. Kudos for both changes

• Meh 1

[TXGUN]
Members
222 posts
15,236 battles

Change for the sake of change is pointless.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  Try applying the K.I.S.S. principal for a change.  Is this in the name of Russian programmer job security?  Was it last week you were rewarding players for reading the NEWS?  The most comprehensive changes in mission reporting in years and no incentives to acquire it?  You guys need to quit talking out of both sides of your face now and then.

• Cool 1

Supertester
334 posts
16,401 battles

I don't like the new GUI, but I'm old, well outside the targeted 13 year old age group for WOWS  (yes that is humor - and was funny).  But, you know, the old saying about sailors. There's only two things sailors don't like. 1) change and 2) the way things are.

fd8.jpg.18971272690cd9c15e1c675ab3e1138d.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles

So far anyway I have found this change to NOT be an improvement. It requires more steps to find what you want, it is dark and very hard to read (same goes for changes to Armory and even Premium shop), and it isn't as clear and easy to find what you want as it used to be.

I do not like that you removed the REWARD part that used to be there also. You could click that when it would appear and see what you got/finished without having to go back and figure it out in the new UI under one of the bazillion new sections there. That at least should come back.

I don't recall anyone saying the old system needed fixing so not sure what the point was? This change is not better from a UI aspect nor a visual/aesthetics aspect. This is not a case of an old dog not learning new tricks either. I would gladly adapt and learn changes if they were actually better. These changes don't seem to be better though. This seems more like someone new at a job feeling they must do something to justify said job even if the thing they do wasn't needed.

One thing I do like is the "either or" in missions. THAT is a great idea. Giving people options to use different ships and/or a different task requirement to allow more people the ability to do the mission/task/directive/etc.... More of that please. This is indeed a change for the better. The rest not so much.

EDIT - one other issue with the new UI for missions. For those of us still doing the LM/UU missions they are not named. Yes, the fancy mission name (ie; "Cuts like a Katana" for Shima) is there, and for ones like Moskva the ship name is part of it, but for the rest you have to click on each one to find out what ship it is. Why wouldn't you add the ship name to the small menu boxes on the left that list them all? The old way had the fancy mission name up top but at the bottom it showed what ship it was so you could scroll through to look at the one you want. I know the missions expire end of year but this is kind of lazy.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

Members
17 posts
9,433 battles

here's the pitch, the batter swings and,,,,,, its another foul ball. how many does that make now....... go back to the old system, but we know you won't, you are incapable of listening to your player base and admitting you goofed.

• Cool 1

[NAUT]
Members
148 posts
3,047 battles

The new menu sucks. It doesn't matter how used to it people may get - It isn't better. It's different. Didn't need changing.

[NAUT]
Members
148 posts
3,047 battles

Someone, please make a Modstation file to change it back.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles
2 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

After finishing the dockyard stage 1 this null mission thing started appearing.

@Hapa_Fodder

World of Warships 6_11_2020 4_22_39 PM.png

World of Warships 6_11_2020 4_22_45 PM.png

Relog the game please, I noted the same issue today, already sent it up.

Thank you though!

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
713 posts
7,912 battles
5 hours ago, IsThatreallyTheplan said:

I don't like the new GUI, but I'm old, well outside the targeted 13 year old age group for WOWS  (yes that is humor - and was funny).  But, you know, the old saying about sailors. There's only two things sailors don't like. 1) change and 2) the way things are.

fd8.jpg.18971272690cd9c15e1c675ab3e1138d.jpg

This happens too many times.  But some of the changes are good - the breakdown of the missions as well as the either/or options in some of them.  It's just that the way it is presented is terribly confusing (at least to us old folkes).