You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Maddau

Initial Impressions of Updated Unique Upgrades

5 comments in this topic

[CS7]
Members
320 posts
5,635 battles

For those who have experience playing with the unique upgrades which were changed in 9.5, please reply with your thoughts on the changes. 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/30

After the changes are you now thinking of removing the upgrade?  Have you decided to give a unmounted Unique Upgrade another chance based on the changes?  Would you spend the 20k research points on the upgrade in its current form?

Thanks!

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

My Des Moines sure doesn't feel like it use to in fact feels like someone took a sledge-hammer to its engine and gears..... I actually will end up removing it and love to Hang by the yardarm the idiot who broke my ship.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Some of you were upset by the nerf, and we appreciate these feelings. But unfortunately the UU for this ship was a bit too effective and also pretty popular. 

So you can tell why indeed, they do validate our feelings but unfortunately feelings won't change what it is they want to do. 

They are also informing you what you can play, module-wise, to somewhat mitigate what they JUST CHANGED. 

Do you see this alone indicates they are of a split mind about what they are doing? 

Take the Montana: 

• Bonus which reduces fire extinguishing time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Bonus which reduces flooding recovery time was reduced from 30 to 10%.

So yea, I dropped the Legendary Upgrade on the Montana. After consulting a few YT gurus of course. 

It's when the other foot drops we will all probably have some issues with this "fine tuning": 

We see the UUs of X YAMATO, X MOSKVA, X ZAŌ, X MINOTAUR, X Z-52, and X GROZOVOI as candidates for future changes and will share info about them, UUs for CVs, and for ships which don't yet have them, in the near future.

They will most likely tinker with this stuff so much that in the end, nobody will use them. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles

Never used my DM upgrade after getting it, (haven't played DM in Randoms for nearly four years anyway,) am unlikely to use it at all now, based on what's been said about the 'new' version.