Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

Anyone able to explain this one to me?

6 comments in this topic

[Y0L0W]
Members
512 posts
16,769 battles

So I was in co-op grinding legendary Yamato. First salvo results in 3 overpens and a hit to the torpedo protection but over 9000 dmg?

Am I missing something?

Yamato Co-op.jpg

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, Bortt said:

So I was in co-op grinding legendary Yamato. First salvo results in 3 overpens and a hit to the torpedo protection but over 9000 dmg?

Am I missing something?

I've seen this bug before. Some of the overpens are actually pens and you didn't get awarded the correct ribbons (I think).

Edited by henrychenhenry

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,131 posts
4,088 battles

The armor penetration system is majorly messed up and has been for some time. Pens that do no damage, overpens doing full pen damage, nothing adding up. I suspect there's something screwy with the way shells interact with armor because WG hasn't been able to fix it even after they introduced the torpedo bulge pen indicator. But WG hasn't even acknowleged it, much less fixed it. Really frustrating to see 4 full pens do 1 overpen damage.

This, the desync/aiming issues, and a growing list of rendering issues (smokescreens, ships going in and out of detection) is starting to make me think the underlying game engine is starting to show its age, or WG isn't maintaining core code. Too much focus on paying products and not enough on long term items methinks, just like the rest of their strategies lately.

• Cool 4

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles

Shells can pen a ship twice if they go through multiple portions of the ship. 2 sets of superstructures or through the superstructure and into the far deck. In these cases, the shell hit only shows the first hit, if that shell pens somewhere else on the ship the damage is counted but not the second pen of that shell. 

I can diagram it for someone if they need. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

Sign in to follow this