You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Dockyard 2.0 Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

196 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles

What a day. So much serious and big IRL stuff I almost didn't get to do this today. But, I wanted to try and get stage 1 done the 1st day like I usually do. I did manage to even though I didn't get the update done until 3PM+. :Smile_facepalm:

So lots of stuff to go over with update 9.5 and the arrival of the Dockyard 2.0 for Odin and Graf Spee. This is definitely a reasonable and doable event in Co-op. As much as I beat WG up for the things they do that drive me nuts I have to give them credit here. Not only did they include Co-op in it all but the tasks are reasonable and some even have an either or option so you can pick the best task for Co-op. I really like what they did in that regard. I don't care for the new UI event stuff but the tasks and event itself are great. A big :cap_like:to WG on this one.

I looked at everything, factoring in return for $$$ spent, and decided to just buy the event out with Doubloons to get Odin today AND so that as I complete the building phases through the directive tasks I will get Steel! 4500 +450 clan bonus = 4950 in total if I do it all (250 for each phase X 18 phases that award steel compensation). Total cost was $114 for the required 29K Doubloons. I know I could have ground it and only had to pay 3500 doubloons at the end but I want that Steel. Worth it to me. YMMV.

Stage 1 is complete as said ^^^ and I got my 750 Steel from this weeks tasks...

EfzLWyo.jpg

Here are Graf Spee & Odin in the event camo (note - this camo uses the standard perma for each ship and just has some decoration stuck on it - not impressed tbh - they should have done some kind of solid under color or something different as the base for them)...

Aixt8UI.jpg

hsdLgjz.jpg

This event looks to be fun. Hope you all are doing well with it. :Smile_honoring:

Ok, the following things aren't dockyard related but it is new content today with 9.5 & the dockyard so I am adding it here...

Got Aigr today as well. Picture below with the special Nordic camo...

A967q6l.jpg

Had the XP waiting on T4 Svietlana to get the replacement for T5 Kirov = Kotovsky (note the camo is from the WarHammer 40K early release bundle from the Premium shop thing - it is the Primordial Annihilator one time use camo - not a big fan looks wise but good bonuses w/ +100% XP and +200% FXP)...

cHlaOf0.jpg

Had the XP waiting on T9 Donskoi to get Moskva's replacement at T10 = Alexander Nevsky (note the camo is NOT the perma camo as I usually show - I refuse to buy it after what WG did to the Moskva camo - the camo shown is the other faction of the WarHammer 40K thing and is called Protector Of The Faith - I really like the looks of this one but bonuses are not as good at just +100% XP and +100% CXP)...

T5RLrco.jpg

And here is the new perma camo for the Premium Kirov. I actually think it looks sharp...

OBxR0JY.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4

[DBRIS]
Members
627 posts
11,126 battles

Damn! I haven't even started yet! Didn't like the 9.5 interface in PTS, Still don't like it. Going to take some getting used to. T-storm season is here so I may end up doing what you did. Not a lot of time to play. The steel would certainly be nice!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
13 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Damn! I haven't even started yet! Didn't like the 9.5 interface in PTS, Still don't like it. Going to take some getting used to. T-storm season is here so I may end up doing what you did. Not a lot of time to play. The steel would certainly be nice!

It takes some getting used to but over all I think it is an improvement.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,255 posts
18,579 battles

I decided to buy the booster.  Stage 1 is done and as @AdmiralThunder said:  it really is COOP friendly.  I already had the Graf and I'm at build stage 11. I've a lot of range work and rifles to test for a military match this coming Sunday.  My SVT-40 is the #1 choice; but, I have an "itch" to shoot one of my Mosin Carbines....  Tomorrow will tell and there will be just a little WoWs in the early AM.  

The new interface is "interesting" but I am  confused as to why they changed it in the first place???  Hunt well and I'll see you out there sometime this week !

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,255 posts
18,579 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Stage 1 is complete as said ^^^ and I got my 750 Steel from this weeks tasks...

Greeting Oh Captain, my Captain.............  I completed stage 1 and I didn't see any steel?  "I got my 750 steel from this weeks tasks....?"  Was the steel part of each of the Ship building tasks??

[WOLFG]
Members
9,575 posts
8,553 battles
30 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Greeting Oh Captain, my Captain.............  I completed stage 1 and I didn't see any steel?  "I got my 750 steel from this weeks tasks....?"  Was the steel part of each of the Ship building tasks??

If you complete the missions and have already bought the Odin, you get steel.

Defended and Graf Spee mission done (in a battle with @Ensign_Cthulhu and about 3 other Spee drivers).  Credits over 2 million, kills 14, IJN/US cruisers at about 250k, top 2 at 4, spotted at 7.  I should finish on Friday.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,512 battles
37 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Just buying the starter boost isn't enough to start earning steel right away, you need to have the Odin completed to be able to gain steel from the ship building tokens, so either you spend the doubloons necessary to complete the Odin now or keep grinding to finish up the Odin and then earn steel from the remaining tokens available afterwards.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What a day.

Indeed.

I'll be interested to hear what you have to say regarding Odin vs Agir in co-op.

I have 4 out of 7 tasks done and I haven't even gone into Randoms yet. On tomorrow's agenda are four kills, six top-two finishes and about 900 main-battery hits from British and French destroyers. In the process of advancing the latter (currently at 689/1600), I managed to unlock Fantasque's B hull and get torpedoed by my own side twice (both times non-fatally).

At the rate I'm going, though, I highly anticipate finishing the cash grind before the top-twos. That would close out Directive 1 and let me switch to the Base XP grind to grab that build stage at leisure.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

Well, I must be crazy... really crazy... lol. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

I am very busy these days, and there's a good chance that I may not be able to go all the way with the dockyard grind, even with the starter pack and two months time frame. I was actually going to give up on Odin.

And yet, I was (finally) sitting at my computer just now, looking at the directives... and something else in me told me that maybe, just maybe, I could still make it... and that I'll never know unless I actually try. Is this my desire for Odin, or my curiosity speaking? I have nu idea... lel. :Smile_hiding:

Anyway, I decided to go "what the heck" and plunge in. And bought the starter pack... oh lord help me,  lul. :Smile_hiding:

So here I go too. Day 1. I still believe that I'm not gonna make it, but I'll go far as I can go. Maybe, just maaaaaybe... I will really make it and acquire Odin. For real. 

Who knows, right? LAL. :Smile_hiding:

Wish me luck please... I think I'm gonna need it. :Smile_sad:

[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
7 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Steel is only for duplicate/extra build phases completed. To get the amount I am talking about (4500) you have to buy the event out completely (takes 29K doubloons counting the 8k starter pack). It's 250 Steel for each duplicate phase. You can have 18 duplicates. So 250X18 = 4500.

Stage 1 (week 1) has 3 phases in it hence the 750 Steel I acquired.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
5 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Well, I must be crazy... really crazy... lol. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

I am very busy these days, and there's a good chance that I may not be able to go all the way with the dockyard grind, even with the starter pack and two months time frame. I was actually going to give up on Odin.

And yet, I was (finally) sitting at my computer just now, looking at the directives... and something else in me told me that maybe, just maybe, I could still make it... and that I'll never know unless I actually try. Is this my desire for Odin, or my curiosity speaking? I have nu idea... lel. :Smile_hiding:

Anyway, I decided to go "what the heck" and plunge in. And bought the starter pack... oh lord help me,  lul. :Smile_hiding:

So here I go too. Day 1. I still believe that I'm not gonna make it, but I'll go far as I can go. Maybe, just maaaaaybe... I will really make it and acquire Odin. For real. 

Who knows, right? LAL. :Smile_hiding:

Wish me luck please... I think I'm gonna need it. :Smile_sad:

Luck :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
10 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I decided to buy the booster. 

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
4,255 posts
18,579 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Too late I'm afraid.........  "do or do not, there is no try......."    I think that after buying the booster, finishing stage 1 yesterday I'm going to enjoy the rest of the event as is !  I'm not sure what "value" Odin has anyway because it looks like a Tirpitz "light".......  But, hands over fists, a better event for a COOP main in a long time.   Anyway, I've got to get going, pack the truck, and get my fourth-point-of-contact out on the range because I'm burning calm air wondering about "game steel" instead of shooting "real steel".......eh?

Edited by Asym_KS

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts

Completed 5 of 7 last night, probably complete at least 2 more tonight. 

Not sure I'll actually buy Odin at the end, I already have an abundance of German premium BBs, not sure what Odin does that they don't besides run out of HP faster.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
17 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not sure I'll actually buy Odin at the end, I already have an abundance of German premium BBs, not sure what Odin does that they don't besides run out of HP faster.

Well if you finish the event without boosters it's cheaper in doubloons than Tirpitz or Scharnhorst, so there's that. Plus it gets hydro AND torps, so it combines the best of Bismarck and Scharnhorst in that regard. 

On the other hand there is Agir. Agir out of the box has slightly less gun range and the same rate of fire with slightly weaker shells (per the Wiki), but that's before you use her Tier 9 status to give her the slot six reload or range upgrade. Full secondary build Agir isn't going to be for anything other than wild memes or co-op mains, but she turns out to be what I think she is, here's a ship I could seriously consider wanting a Black version of, just to have that secondary YOLO option always on tap. 

And Agir can't be torpedoed by Asashio. And she can (with time and effort) be had without paying money.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CO-OP]
Members
1,487 posts
24,702 battles

Polished off the last of the 7 missions in the first set of directives this morning. Seemed fairly straightforward although I kept having to check I had the right class of ship and nationality  if I was looking to complete a particular task.

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

spent the 8k doubloons on both my NA and EU accounts, which I look at as being effectively 2 x 4.5k doubloons more than I otherwise would have had to spend while giving me more breathing room for the grind on two accounts. 

[WOLF9]
Members
655 posts
18,872 battles

Well, I bought the starter pack, but that was all for now.  I did get the first directive done, so I am at phase 11 complete.  The most steel I can get now is 15*250 + clan discount.  I am not sure I want to dump all that cash to buy out the Odin from here, but I most likely will buy some phases.  I have until next directive to decide.

At this point 9 phases will cost me 15050 dubloons for $60.20.  That yields 2250 steel plus 225 more for the clan bonus.  I already will have 1650 (1500 + 150) steel coming from the starter pack I purchased.  Total will be a little over 4100 steel. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,575 posts
8,553 battles

6/7 complete.  Finished kills, cruiser damage, credits, and got my last 5 spots, using Yoshino and Jean Bart.  People are weird.

am at 9 top 2s.  I could have stuck around, but I wasn't in too much hurry to finish tonight.

[DBRIS]
Members
627 posts
11,126 battles

Did some speed playing today. 4/7 of # 1 done. What is hilarious is the amount of micromanaging I am getting from normally random players, USE AP!, NO USE HE!, KILL STEALER, GO SPOT FOR ME! So much for good karma:Smile_Default:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts

Completed Directive 1 tonight.

Also completed the 4th stage of the Strong-Willed campaign, leaving me 3 months and 27 days to complete the 5th and final stage.

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Completed Directive 1 tonight.

Also completed the 4th stage of the Strong-Willed campaign, leaving me 3 months and 27 days to complete the 5th and final stage.

That's oddly exactly where I am as well.. finished Directive 1 and the two Dockyard Stage tasks and also the fourth stage of Strong-willed. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

Wow, I can't believe it: I actually managed to finish the first directive, before the second one is unlocked. I managed to grab all 3 dockyard level tokens. I feel like a miracle has happened... lol. :cap_win:

I guess I was wrong. Maybe I CAN do this. Well... maybe. We'll see. This was just the first directive, and we still got 5 more to go... lel. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles

One of the best things about the directives this time is that they have a few easier tasks for older premium ships that haven't gotten any love in a while. I think they should keep doing that so that there is continuing value in having a variety of premium ships. They'd probably sell a few extra that way, too.

Fourteen torpedo hits in a single battle for one task might be a bit of a stretch, but six in T-61 is less so. Although the 50,000 damage task in Graf Spee took me three attempts with the first two being 49,000 and change. 😒

[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
6 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Wow, I can't believe it: I actually managed to finish the first directive, before the second one is unlocked. I managed to grab all 3 dockyard level tokens. I feel like a miracle has happened... lol. :cap_win:

I guess I was wrong. Maybe I CAN do this. Well... maybe. We'll see. This was just the first directive, and we still got 5 more to go... lel. :Smile_hiding:

Congrats. Now you can go to 6 Flags...

• Haha 1