Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kiwirat

A Forced Rebuy

20 comments in this topic

Members
52 posts
8,982 battles

So in the new USSR cruiser lineup we  are now "forced" to rebuy the DM Donskoi at 13.7 million in order to research the new T10.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

You don't have to rebuy the Donskoi unless you plan to use it to grind the needed XP. You can research the t10 with FXP without buying the t9.

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,282 posts
5,274 battles

You need to buy a ship that you sold to get to a new ships?

oh my god!

• Funny 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles
17 hours ago, Kiwirat said:

So in the new USSR cruiser lineup we  are now "forced" to rebuy the DM Donskoi at 13.7 million in order to research the new T10.

So if you bought Donskoi and then moved to the Tier X you sold her and got all the gains from grinding through the Donskoi (FXP, Credits, ETC.).

So this makes sense, since the Donskoi is part of the new LIGHT cruiser line. We stated this MONTHS back when we announced this line split.

Also, please review the forum rules and ensure that in the future your posts are in line with those forum rules, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Confused 2
  • Meh 3

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,410 battles

I free XP'd the DM Donskoi so I just have to kiss that free XP goodbye.

• Cool 1

Members
32 posts
9 battles

I just reseted the Rusiian Cruiser line, I will have to buy them again anyway so lets make it usefull.

[KILL]
Members
947 posts
10,966 battles

OK i'm completely lost.   Which forum rule is in question here?  There's a bunch of them and i'm getting nothing out of the quoted statement.    Someone please assist a blind bat.   Was it the country name?

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
9 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

OK i'm completely lost.   Which forum rule is in question here?  There's a bunch of them and i'm getting nothing out of the quoted statement.    Someone please assist a blind bat.   Was it the country name?

I have no idea but as stated in @Hapa_Fodder's post: If you have any questions PM him.

That is also mentioned in the link provided: If you’ve had a post moderated, please provide feedback in private.

(Although meant for the person that got moderated, I am sure if you want to make sure you do not want to fall foul of doing something incorrect, then asking the moderator won't hurt). 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles
16 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Do not worry about it, that was to the OP. I edited his post to remove the violation.

-Hapa

• Haha 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

edited his post to remove the violation.

That's what I figured initially. Happy to see you haven't lost your mind! 

[ABCD3]
Members
479 posts
12,010 battles

Time to grind more FXP for that T10 CA.   

[WOLFG]
Members
9,615 posts
8,595 battles
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Do not worry about it, that was to the OP. I edited his post to remove the violation.

-Hapa

So you edited [edited]?

[PVE]
Members
6,173 posts
22,432 battles
On 6/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, Kiwirat said:

Not really forced to (I would be if it was me because I'm OCD about grinding the previous ship to earn the next 1 but in this case I never sell T9s after earning the T10s so I'm covered on that 1...but) you can just Free XP it w/out needing to buy it (although my OCD also believes that Free XP is only for buying Free XP ships it's willing to look the other way this time seeing as you already ground the Donskoi out to get the Moskva so my OCD is allowing me to give you the go ahead this time (just don't make a habit of it & it should be all good).

13.7M credits comes out to 9133 1/3 doubloons worth of credits which equates to 228,333 1/3 Free XP which is probably about the amount to get the Nevsky I'm thinking (haven't been able to play in months due to bad wifi after moving but guessing that's probably pretty close).

Of course not suggesting you waste doubloons on it...just saying it's about the same value credit wise if you were to go that route...or just grind the Free XP out on another ship/ships & save the credits.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,157 posts
14,332 battles
On 6/10/2020 at 9:57 PM, Kiwirat said:

You got a Tier 10 coal ship out of it. I'd be inclined to think it was worth the rebuy and second grind (which at least you are not doing now under time pressure, as some of us had to do to grab the Moskva).

That's aside from the permacamo issue, which I agree that WG mishandled.

12 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

So you edited [edited]?

I suspect that there was enough "clean" text around the [edited] to make it perfectly clear what was being said - and for it to be unacceptable in its own right, even with the cusswords blanked out. 

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,615 posts
8,595 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You got a Tier 10 coal ship out of it. I'd be inclined to think it was worth the rebuy and second grind (which at least you are not doing now under time pressure, as some of us had to do to grab the Moskva).

That's aside from the permacamo issue, which I agree that WG mishandled.

I suspect that there was enough "clean" text around the [edited] to make it perfectly clear what was being said - and for it to be unacceptable in its own right, even with the cusswords blanked out. 

I believe the original post actually had an [edited] in it.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
608 posts
8,353 battles
On 6/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, Kiwirat said:

Only force involved comes from that person you see when facing a mirror.   It can also be called desire or even greed.   Otherwise, no one is pushing you to do it.  You aren't in a clan so you can't say it's a clan directive either.   

Sit back, relax, and play the game as you normally do.  Accumulate credits and xp just by playing and after a while decide if you really want that T10 or not.  

Members
52 posts
8,982 battles

I am now finding this thread mildly amusing.

To put things right, all that was edited out of my OP was my challenging the sanity behind WG in the changes to the USSR cruiser line. There were no cuss words. The original thread was closed by a mod and I challenged that through an email to a senior community manager. The re-reinstatement of this thread resulted albeit with some "editing." So a small victory for freedom of speech.

For those here suggesting I got a free T10 out of it.. heck no I already had that along with the premium camo purchased with doubloons, but now given away "free" to those who did not have the Moskva. And yes I really enjoy the game and will continue to do so, however we should have the right to object to how some changes are impacting on the status of player achievements.

Edited by Kiwirat
wording change

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
2 posts
2,245 battles

so let me get this straight just found this thread looking to y i didnt have another tier ten in my port. so after grinding through a whole line to get my second tier 10, not only do I have to rebuy my tier 9 to research another tier 10 but iam not being compensated for having the moskva turn into a premium ship. In compensation i mean in the form of credits.

Members
52 posts
8,982 battles
11 minutes ago, Mr_Jones307 said:

so let me get this straight just found this thread looking to y i didnt have another tier ten in my port. so after grinding through a whole line to get my second tier 10, not only do I have to rebuy my tier 9 to research another tier 10 but iam not being compensated for having the moskva turn into a premium ship. In compensation i mean in the form of credits.

Pretty much yes, the only compensation you have is that the T10 Moskva you had is now premium with those few premium benefits. If you want the new T10 like me you have to rebuy and regrind.. or hey just fork out those $$ and doubloons :Smile_bajan2:

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,255 battles
20 minutes ago, Mr_Jones307 said:

5 minutes ago, Kiwirat said:

Pretty much yes, the only compensation you have is that the T10 Moskva you had is now premium with those few premium benefits. If you want the new T10 like me you have to rebuy and regrind.. or hey just fork out those $$ and doubloons :Smile_bajan2:

You aren't forced to rebuy your tier 9 just like you weren't forced to sell it.  I still have mine and WG did not force me to buy nor did I have to buy it.  And why do you need to be compensated for your Moskva becoming a premium?  You didnt lose the Moskva and it is better now.  I am not sure why you feel like you deserve compensation for that.  If you said you should get some compensation for the premium camo then you have an arguement.

Sign in to follow this