You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
skhend25

anybody find anything at all worthwhile about playing any British Non-premium DD, CL or CA

42 comments in this topic

Members
94 posts
6,783 battles

They are so outclassed it seems by every other nation it seems a pity that they are even in the game.... they should have a default paint scheme of one big bullseye. with a bell to ring when they get hit by anything.  

your mileage may differ.... if so let me know how the hell you manage to pull off a decent game in them.

* should note this applies to anything below Fiji

Edited by skhend25
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,450 posts

Daring. Fast smoke reloads & great utility keep you in the action. No longer needs IFHE so can take RPF skill.

And it just works for me.
The guns suit me. I'll knife fight against anybody with those fast reload guns.
And the smoke makes it a good farmer.
I tried the Kleber, didn't like it at all.
And like Loco just said, the Lightning is a lot of fun.

• Cool 4

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,493 posts
6,356 battles

Well, in today's video Flamu included both Fiji and Daring among the top 10 tech tree ships to own.

Beyond Flamu I see Fiji often listed as the most powerful Tier VII tech tree cruiser in the game and Daring is widely considered one of the top echelon Tier X DDs.

Other RN ships that seem popular are Orion, KGV, Lightning, Jutland and Minotaur.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles

Emerald, yes it felt under powered on the grind through it but it eats planes for breakfast and is perfect for cruiser plane missions.

[PVE]
Members
11,069 posts
19,170 battles

I like the British DDs so much I reset that line 3 times so far. The British cruisers are some of the best. They are also very good for Operations.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[P-V-E]
Members
1,658 posts

Hawkins is good on a flank, due to her armour on the sides nullifying quite a lot of HE, and with the firing wiggle to bring some guns on target you can infuriate people switching between HE and AP.

[DRAH]
Members
430 posts
10,729 battles
12 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Beyond Flamu I see Fiji often listed as the most powerful Tier VII tech tree cruiser in the game and Daring is widely considered one of the top echelon Tier X DDs.

Personally I think Fiji is tied with the Kremlin for the best / most powerful tech tree ship in the game. It's ability to function while bottom tier is one of it's strongest features.

Edited by Ellyh

[BBICT]
Members
3,926 posts
4,243 battles

I prefer the Fiji to Belfast. *gasp* No really, the Belfast has toys, the Fiji has torps and heal. 

• Cool 2

[LANCE]
Members
897 posts
6,834 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I prefer the Fiji to Belfast. *gasp* No really, the Belfast has toys, the Fiji has torps and heal. 

I’m with you there mate!!

• Cool 2

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I like the British DDs so much I reset that line 3 times so far. The British cruisers are some of the best. They are also very good for Operations.

The DDs are fantastic. I reground the CL line 3 times myself 

Edited by Dath_1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles

Leander and Fiji are great (especially Fiji) tier for tier, and Emerald is quite fun if you know how to play it. And of course you have Mino at t10. 

On the CA side, Hawkins is actually quite tanky with all of the thick plating it has (that will shatter most HE it faces and bounces a lot of AP in the game, even Yammy’s 460s). I don’t have a lot of experience with that line compared to others, but there’s a decent amount of talk about Hawkins armor. 

Battleship wise, QE is good for its tier, and of course Conq is the HE slinger with a floating ship printer attached. 

According to most DD players I know and play with, Daring is almost universally considered one of the best tech tree DDs in the game. Lightning and Jutland are also nothing to laugh at, but Daring is just Daring. If you like anti DD destroyers, you probably either have it or are working toward it. 

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles

The UK tech trees are very solid. If you’re having trouble playing them then perhaps they just aren’t for you. 

[ARGSY]
Members
729 posts
11,236 battles

Yeah, don't really get where you are coming from. The RN DD line from Jervis to the top is very good. If they had a little speed they would be OP. Have not jumped into British CAs yet but the Fiji is a fine boat. Better still, I think the Perth (not British) is one of the most under appreciated ships in the game. I suppose people don't like her because she is useless for grinding commanders. However, my best win rate is with her.  Once you learn to play with the walking smoke she is a terror. 

Only BB I have is the Thunderer which is very solid and forgiving to play for a guy like me that does not have a lot of time or skill in BBs.

• Cool 1

Members
274 posts
1,520 battles

Playing sub battles has taught me to love my Leander all over again. Show her a sub and she’s a bit of a beast.

[-OG-]
Members
288 posts
9,330 battles

Hmm. British Ships I like that aren't premium:

DD's

- Medea (had a lot of fun in that)

- Icarus

- Jervis

- Lightning

- Jutland

- Daring

CL's

- Leander

- Fiji

- Edinburgh

- Neptune

- Minotaur

CA's

- Devonshire

- Albermarle

- Goliath

BB's

- KGV

- Conqueror

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,850 posts
25,982 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Leander is great, Fiji awesome.

Some would say Fiji is the highlight of the RNCL Line.

She also is a regular high performing cruiser in Tier VII whereas a bunch of tech tree ones struggle to keep up with Winfast.

A nice perk with RNCL AP is they still play the same while regular CLs are dealing with the IFHE/Armor changes.  Regular CLs of mid tiers got shafted while Fiji just goes along just fine.

[FAE]
Members
2,625 posts
3,677 battles

Duh what/ Had to double take to see if I read that right. UK DDs have powercrept nearly every normal DD, and the Pan EU ones have powercrept other stuff. 

[D33P6]
Members
572 posts

I'm enjoying all the CL ships from Fiji on up.  I'm currently on the Neptune and has probably been the most enjoyable line to grind.  I did Free XP up to the Leander.  The CA are glass cannons and can be very frustrating to play.  I've had my fair share of excellent matches in them but also ones where I was Dev strike from 17 km out.

I wasn't too excited about the BB's.  They do have excellent HE shells and that life saving necro heal in the later tiers.

I've just started the DD line.  It seems okay at the moment.  The torp range seems lacking at the lower tiers.

The RN line in my opinion requires a different play style than what you find in some of the other lines of other nations.  It's probably the main reason why I'm enjoying the CL line so much.  A lot of utility, very powerful in the right hands but you can be deleted if you're not careful.

[BONKS]
Members
406 posts
9,917 battles

Minotaur is the highest skill cap ship in the game.

It has tools for any situation.

[X-PN]
Members
1,757 posts
12,841 battles
1 hour ago, Awe5ome said:

Hmm. British Ships I like that aren't premium:

DD's

- Medea (had a lot of fun in that)

- Icarus

- Jervis

- Lightning

- Jutland

- Daring

CL's

- Leander

- Fiji

- Edinburgh

- Neptune

- Minotaur

CA's

- Devonshire

- Albermarle

- Goliath

BB's

- KGV

- Conqueror

I was agreeing with you until Albecore... that thing stinks like a dead fish.