Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Can Some One Explain This ( Rhetorical Question )

15 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,841 posts
22,716 battles

Just out of curiosity went had a look at the Price of Agir  in the premium shop ( by the way WG your link from Happa's post still goes to the Sub page ) wanted to see what its worth in cold hard Australian dollars even though you can get it for FREE XP.

Agir Tier 9   $104.99 Aus

Tirpitz Tier 8   $69.63 Aus

Scharnhorst Tier 7   $53.31 Aus

Seriously WG  almost a $ 31 dollar jump for a tier higher ship and just over $ 50.00 for a 2 Tier jump WOW:Smile_amazed:

I liked to buy ships in the future but I already have one mortgage cant afford a second, guess inflation in Russia has skyrocketed.

Just let me check the exchange  rate

1 Australian Dollar equals
47.79 Russian Ruble
11 Jun, 12:18 am UTC · Disclaimer
Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,907 posts
15,247 battles

so you asking or want an explanation on the Russian inflation rate? Or why it skyrocket? :Smile_trollface:

you had lay out nicely, but fail to make the conclusion

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
450 posts
10,407 battles

Ever heard of reigonal pricing

• Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
10,595 posts
18,494 battles

Inflation, instability, higher prices in hardware... Pick your pick...

Pricing is factored by region... No one is immune to regional pricing... Not even in the airline sector.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,841 posts
22,716 battles
4 minutes ago, Muki41 said:

Ever heard of reigonal pricing

Yep but a $ 50.00 difference for a 2 tier jump is ridiculous,  I bet if you looked at the USA to Russian pricing it would match in that dollars terms on same level of difference.   

[POP]
Members
2,841 posts
22,716 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Inflation, instability, higher prices in hardware... Pick your pick...

Pricing is factored by region... No one is immune to regional pricing... Not even in the airline sector.

True but there pricing themselves out of sales Scharnhorst $53 plus tier 7  Agir $104 plus, a 2 tier gap difference, its not about what currency it is its the price gap between tiers.

I bet if you pull up the prices of Scharnhorst in USA dollars to Agir it would still be a huge gap, same with Tirpitz and its only 1 tier lower.

Regional pricing has some factor but almost twice the price in the case of 2 TIER LEVELS.  

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
146 posts
16,556 battles

77.20 = 110.66(aus)
51.20 = 73.39(aus)
39.20 = 56.19(aus)

Businesses will sell goods at the price the market will bear. If they aren't selling the cost will come down, if it doesn't it means enough people are buying.
You also have to consider taxes, several clan members of mine live in states without sales tax and their prices are a lot less than what I just posted.

Edited by Admiral_Downes

[WORX]
Members
10,595 posts
18,494 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

True but there pricing themselves out of sales Scharnhorst $53 plus tier 7  Agir $104 plus, a 2 tier gap difference, its not about what currency it is its the price gap between tiers.

I bet if you pull up the prices of Scharnhorst in USA dollars to Agir it would still be a huge gap, same with Tirpitz and its only 1 tier lower.

Regional pricing has some factor but almost twice the price in the case of 2 TIER LEVELS.  

Again, pricing is effected by region... Now, interpretation as to why the prices are set here but not over there, I mean you're looking to much into it...

The way I see it, every region wants the cheapest prices available to them... However, the market will determine the price.. Therefor the end price will not be consumer friendly or favorable.

The way the world economy is headed.. Its only going to get expensive, simple because the markets dont like instability.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts
13 minutes ago, tm63au said:

They are selling them at the prices they are because people are buying them at that price.    You might not be willing to pay the asking price and that is perfectly fine, your money and your rules.  WG has been doing this for a long time now though.  The set the prices at what enough players are paying.

Not too long ago, $50K USD for a new pickup truck was crazy but, the price is the price now, because enough people are paying it. 

What the market will bear and all that.

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles

Well it's an Oxymoron, because a rhetorical question isn't supposed to be explained.

A rhetorical question is a question someone asks without expecting an answer. The question might not have an answer, or it might have an obvious answer. So, why would you ask a question and not expect an answer?

I hope this explanation is acceptable.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
2,841 posts
22,716 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Well it's an Oxymoron, because a rhetorical question isn't supposed to be explained.

A rhetorical question is a question someone asks without expecting an answer. The question might not have an answer, or it might have an obvious answer. So, why would you ask a question and not expect an answer?

I hope this explanation is acceptable.

My humorous side compelled me to throw that last bit in the title.

I want to spend money on ships but not go bankrupt in the process, guess I will just have to wait or miss out.

Its like what Shakespeare wrote

Sorry WG to high a price

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

My humorous side compelled me to throw that last bit in the title.

That's where I found the humor.

1 hour ago, tm63au said:

I want to spend money on ships but not go bankrupt in the process, guess I will just have to wait or miss out.

and that's where the humor ends.

[POP]
Members
2,841 posts
22,716 battles
31 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

That's where I found the humor.

and that's where the humor ends.

hey I never said I was  good at humour and i certainly wont make a good stand up comedian and make money :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles
3 minutes ago, tm63au said:

hey I never said I was  good at humour and i certainly wont make a good stand up comedian and make money :Smile_honoring:

No, really, it was good, don't underestimate your humor quotient.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Members
2,841 posts
22,716 battles
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

No, really, it was good, don't underestimate your humor quotient.

:Smile_great:

Sign in to follow this