Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Moskva upgrades

4 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Yes, I have the Moskva now. I took CE as a commander skill. The way they talk about the Moskva stealth ability one would think it looks like the strip in Las Vegas at night.

Should I take both steering gear mod 1 & mod 2 or is concealment system worth taking as the wiki suggest?

Soviet cruisers (unless they are bots) are about as agile as a Semi tractor with a 300" wheelbase. From what I read the Moskva is as sluggish, if not more so, than the other soviet cruisers.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,669 posts
9,497 battles

I run my Moskva with both damage control modules and concealment. Moskva turns like a bus and is a large target with very vulnerable sides. IMO the faster rudder shift time won’t make much of a difference. Typically if you are detected and being shot at, you’re going to want to keep your bow pointed towards the enemy anyways, since she is very tanky when angled towards her opponents, but not so much when kiting. You’re better off with the little bit of extra concealment to hopefully go dark when you need to reposition. More fire resistance is also good, as a well positioned Moskva is almost impossible to damage with AP, so you’ll find yourself being focused with a lot of HE.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
50 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

...concealment system worth taking as the wiki suggest?

IMO the added dispersion is of more benefit than the extra concealment itself, though the stealth does help if you're trying to get away from a hot situation.  You're so busy firing all the time that concealment buffs are basically meaningless.  Unless you're concealed by a land mass, in which case concealment becomes redundant.

Members
4,364 posts
11,269 battles

I run double damacon and concealment, as a holdover from when I had it available for clan battles. Unless you’re going for a full secondary build or playing carriers, taking Concealment Expert is always a good idea to lower the distance you’re detected at, either for radar range or to flank. And the same for the concealment mod, even though sometimes that’s just as valuable for the dispersion debuff as it is the extra concealment. 

If you’re just planning on playing Moskva as a flanking cruiser on randoms, taking the steering gears mod in slot 4 is potentially viable, but I would only drop the concealment mod in slot 5 on Zao if you’re going for a full rudder LM build. But if you plan on playing Moskva in competitive or want to be flexible in randoms, double damacon is better since it lets you be a tanking anchor when needed. 

Eventually I’m planning on swapping damacon 1 in slot 2 for the radar mod once I stockpile more coal, but if you don’t have that I’d take damacon 1. You don’t lose steering or engine enough to use engine room protection, and the DFAA and hydro coal upgrades aren’t really worth it either (and for DFAA, it’s really not worth it). 

Sign in to follow this