Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

New Scoring for Randoms? ( Ranked like )

7 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,057 posts

Everyone sees tough days here. People yoloing in the last 20 seconds of a match to lose it , people running out of that Cap to chase the CV JUST as they were about to cap that base for the win. The worse are the ones who just sit... not sure why they do that but they do.. 1000s of screenshots posted here with entire fleets of top of the line ships cuddled behind an island or all headed to Mexico to do shots.

I'm sure that this has been brought up before but if done correctly it would REALLY be a QOL improvement for randoms.  

Ranked has save a star, which some say is abused but if Randoms gave the top 3 to 5  players an incremental " Tried Hard" Bonus to XP then MAYBE people might not enjoy sitting in the rear with the gear doing nothing and letting everyone else earn their daily win bonus for them.  

Granted if they were competitive in spirit they would be working hard too but it would feel better as you are fighting your [edited] off. losing HP and fighting for the WIN that you knew that there was something in it for besides sad music and the same payout ( as a percentage ) as the person watching as the world turns with one eye and playing WOWS with the other.

I don't know enough about how this game is built but it seem MUCH simpler than most AAA games so this shouldn't be an instant NO-GO.  Has this ever been seriously discussed?

[INTEL]
Members
13,060 posts
36,029 battles

People have suggested many variations on this. WG ain't buying.

Meanwhile Randoms basically suck. Collapses at every tier and almost every match -- incredibly we came back from 500 points and three ships down in a T9 match today, but still it was a collapse  -- and DD play is atrocious. The devs like collapses, and the game is geared toward frustrating players so they buy stuff....

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

A LOT of people complain about Save a Star.
But they never respond when I say, if it's so easy why don't you do it?
If you're so good that you can finish in first place every battle, you are entitled to saving a star.

As for randoms, I've noticed that with a lot of the top tier ships,
that even if you're in a blowout loss, if you finish in the top 3, you won't lose money.
and if you finish in the bottom 3 of a win, you can still lose money.
So the compensation, and challenge, for me is to strive to make the top third of the leaderboard.
If I do it often enough, it will cover the losses I incur with the bad battles.
And if I see that my team has a chance of winning, I will focus more on the win than the leaderboard
because I'm not struggling for credits, I just want them.
(To buy more ships, even though I already have all my favorite ships, and don't have enough time to play all of 'them'.)

[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
11 minutes ago, z9_ said:

A LOT of people complain about Save a Star.
But they never respond when I say, if it's so easy why don't you do it?
If you're so good that you can finish in first place every battle, you are entitled to saving a star.

As for randoms, I've noticed that with a lot of the top tier ships,
that even if you're in a blowout loss, if you finish in the top 3, you won't lose money.
and if you finish in the bottom 3 of a win, you can still lose money.
So the compensation, and challenge, for me is to strive to make the top third of the leaderboard.
If I do it often enough, it will cover the losses I incur with the bad battles.
And if I see that my team has a chance of winning, I will focus more on the win than the leaderboard
because I'm not struggling for credits, I just want them.
(To buy more ships, even though I already have all my favorite ships, and don't have enough time to play all of 'them'.)

They do. Star save allows for a player with 40% winrate to rank out eventually.

there is a guy that spams bb games with intent to ram just for this purpose. 

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
9 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

They do. Star save allows for a player with 40% winrate to rank out eventually.

there is a guy that spams bb games with intent to ram just for this purpose. 

I think I know who your talking about (& he's been doing it for years)...is the last past of his name the last word in an Elvis song title?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think I know who your talking about (& he's been doing it for years)...is the last past of his name the last word in an Elvis song title?

don't think so, but i'm sure its not a behaviour of play limited to one individual.

[SALVO]
Members
4,426 posts
3,825 battles

Fleets sitting useless (in port) is historically correct. Most of the times crews mutined and in some cases led to revolution.

I would propose a mechanic were that kind of players gets a "mutiny" or "revolution" port event, the ships will refuse to leave port and enter battle until the mutiny is controlled. The more ships mutined, the higher the chance it spreads to other ships in port.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this