You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Eyelashpitviper

Flags at half mast

16 comments in this topic

[PINOT]
[PINOT]
Members
1 post
9,269 battles

A long time member of the game and clan mate (name will not be shared as I haven't obtained permission from his spouse to do so) recently passed away.  A conversation between many of us discussed that we were sure that this was surely not an isolated case and during the era of Covid 19 may be a common occurrence.  We discussed that we would like to see a option in the flags area (Nationality flag) that could be raised at half mast to bring to battle  in memory of a fallen comrade.  I would like to see this as part of the game.  What do you all think?

• Cool 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8
  • Meh 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 hour ago, ViperStrike50 said:

A long time member of the game and clan mate (name will not be shared as I haven't obtained permission from his spouse to do so) recently passed away.  A conversation between many of us discussed that we were sure that this was surely not an isolated case and during the era of Covid 19 may be a common occurrence.  We discussed that we would like to see a option in the flags area (Nationality flag) that could be raised at half mast to bring to battle  in memory of a fallen comrade.  I would like to see this as part of the game.  What do you all think?

Wish your clan mate's family and your clan all the best.

1 hour ago, ViperStrike50 said:

What do you all think?

Great suggestion, but unlikely to be implemented in the foreseeable future.

Edit: There's actually a good use for the sad reaction. :(

Edited by henrychenhenry

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,702 posts

I fully endorse and support the option to fly the flag at half mast on our ships for just these sorts of sad occasions. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,374 posts
15,768 battles

We have had this sort of thing happen a few times. I am thinking a memorial wall (in game) of the player in game names could be cool.

• Cool 1

Members
443 posts
451 battles

Can I fly my national flag upside down to show I’m playing that ship under duress? Grinding through Emerald comes to mind.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 4
  • Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
14 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

Can I fly my national flag upside down to show I’m playing that ship under duress? Grinding through Emerald comes to mind.

In time you'll find that Emerald is a fun-to-play ship.  I can't tell you how to get there, but you will. Just keep playing.

• Cool 1

[36]
Members
452 posts
10,058 battles
18 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

I fly the Union Jack upside-down all the time and nobody ever seems to notice. Odd that.

• Funny 4
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,393 posts
14,152 battles
23 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

In time you'll find that Emerald is a fun-to-play ship.  I can't tell you how to get there, but you will. Just keep playing.

This, she feels weak as a kitten when you grind through it but if you go back to her you will find that she is quite capable and is a great choice for plane kills.

[BBICT]
Members
3,875 posts
4,203 battles

Sorry for the loss of your friend. :Smile_sad:

As far as something to put in the game to show you are in morning? I like the idea of ships in black, but not sure how that would work. 

[PVE]
Members
6,123 posts
22,432 battles
48 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

32 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I CAN...stop assuming it's a CL just because it's in a CL tech tree.

Emerald is the most OP T5 DD in the game...bar none.

RN smoke/hydro/double racks of torps on each side (that can torp out most any BB in it's meta from just 1 sides worth)/same AP shells as the T10 Mino (velocity differences only variance)/as agile as most other DDs/& a couple cits just charges it's Adrenalin Rush so it can do all those things even quicker...until that damned RN heal kicks in & gives you all those HPs back & uncharges your Adrenalin Rush...damned RN heals. Oh yeah...& BTW...did I mention the damned RN heals?

OP...Sorry for your loss...1/2 mast flags seem like a cool idea for that...& the sad emoji is definitely appropriate for that.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,247 posts

Sounds like a great idea.

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles

WG could make a flag that we could run on just such occasions. They could give it to every one for free. The Fallen Comrade Flag and make it big when mounted.  Sorry for the loss of a fellow player and condolences to the family.

Emerald is a great ship but the joke was funny anyway.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLFC]
Members
2,861 posts

Years ago I started playing a Pirate game ... it turned out many of the people (very many) who initially joined were members from a local fishing board ... so there were already many friendships established from the local community (Texas Gulf Coast).  As life goes, over the years, several older members passed away.  The owner of the game actually made those former members a special class (Memoriam), put them in different ships, and have had them sailing "in absentia" ever since.

Now THAT is honoring past members, their friends and in many cases, family members who were/are also players.

Yes ... I support your Half Mast proposal.

• Cool 3

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
664 posts
13,704 battles

Sorry for your loss OP. Best regards to your clan and their family.

I'm not certain WG could easily do a half-mast flag thing. However, it would be simple enough to add a flag into the game for such an occasion for everyone to use. Even if it was just one solid color.   

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
42 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Emerald is the most OP T5 DD in the game...bar none.

True dat!

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,239 posts
19,466 battles

O7, my condolences

Sounds like a good idea