You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Why do Directive mission requirements no longer include Sub Battles?

8 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

For the RU cruiser early access event, some directives could be completed in sub battles (even before sub battles had started). For the Dockyard event, none of the directives can be completed in sub battles.

Why the change? Should we be discouraged from playing sub battles? If this is unintentional, can it be fixed? Thanks! (Not a big deal for me either way.)

@Hapa_Fodder

Edited by henrychenhenry

[-PVE-]
Members
253 posts
13,017 battles

I think because sub battle will end before we get to far into these directives. But that is just a guess. 

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
18 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

I think because sub battle will end before we get to far into these directives. But that is just a guess. 

Sub battles will last for 2 more weeks. In this time, Directives 1-3 will be available.

But yes, this is a plausible explanation.

[G-B-U]
Members
75 posts
5,363 battles

@Hapa_Fodder I just got into the game this afternoon and came straight to the forum to post this very question.  If you want us to play subs games give us some overlap.  I don't have time to grind an Odin AND drive bbs in subs games so they have something to shoot at

28 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

so then give us the option for the first three directives and after that that game style just isn't available

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
37 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Sub battles will last for 2 more weeks. In this time, Directives 1-3 will be available.

But yes, this is a plausible explanation.

I don't think they want to have to patch the game halfway through the normal patch cycle.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
31 minutes ago, Feldo357 said:

@Hapa_Fodder I just got into the game this afternoon and came straight to the forum to post this very question.  If you want us to play subs games give us some overlap.  I don't have time to grind an Odin AND drive bbs in subs games so they have something to shoot at

so then give us the option for the first three directives and after that that game style just isn't available

Thanks for replying! Agree with this.

1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think they want to have to patch the game halfway through the normal patch cycle.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Including sub battles in the requirements does not make it necessary to patch the game halfway through the normal patch cycle.

Remember that RU CA directives allowed sub battles even before sub battles were released? It will be just like this; sub battles will be included in the requirements even when sub battles can't be played. Hope you understand what I mean. :)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
7 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Thanks for replying! Agree with this.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Including sub battles in the requirements does not make it necessary to patch the game halfway through the normal patch cycle.

Remember that RU CA directives allowed sub battles even before sub battles were released? It will be just like this; sub battles will be included in the requirements even when sub battles can't be played. Hope you understand what I mean. :)

It is easier to include them when no one can play them than to have to change the allowed modes mid patch cycle and it is a given that people would be asking why they can't use sub battles to do the directives it they didn't.

[BTH]
Members
317 posts
16,461 battles
On 6/10/2020 at 5:51 PM, henrychenhenry said:

Why the change?

This is not a 'change". They are two independent events.

The Dockyard directive missions had been published for long. Isn't it too late to discuss this?