You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Siegfried vs. Agir

42 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,365 posts
14,175 battles

Cost aside, since both are T9 premiums, which one is the better choice?

[WOLF8]
Members
7,352 posts
6,244 battles

Sieggy, as she's locked behind the RB, while Agir is just a FXP ship... relatively speaking, of course.

Agir has been nerfed during her development, while Sieggy was relatively untouched, IIRC.

I mean, it only makes sense for WeeGee to put the biggest carrot on a longest stick, hanging at a highest point... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,365 posts
14,175 battles
12 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Sieggy, as she's locked behind the RB, while Agir is just a FXP ship... relatively speaking, of course.

Agir has been nerfed during her development, while Sieggy was relatively untouched, IIRC.

I mean, it only makes sense for WeeGee to put the biggest carrot on a longest stick, hanging at a highest point... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Is Siegfried the one with the better secondaries?

9 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

alaska your welcome

Have it.  And you're likely correct.

[FORM]
Members
1,640 posts
11,411 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Is Siegfried the one with the better secondaries? Have it.  And you're likely correct.

Sieg has longer range secondaries, but Agir has more of them. And after 4 battles with my new Sieg (two with my GK captain a secondary setup - but no manual secondaries...) and 2 with my Hindy capt (all damage control,) I am VERY underwhelmed by the Sieg's secondaries. Oh they shoot at stuff, but the most hits I've gotten was 9. Maybe it was just how much the teams were really staying at range - but I didn't land a single hit on any DDs, even ones who were relatively parked. I'm not sure what's up, if it was just bad luck or what, but really a lot of nothing so far. Maybe, the secondaries might be similar to Odin's in that they're not really good vs anything but brawling BBs. Time will tell.

It is an interesting twist to the Alaska, which is a ship I love btw and endorse it fully.

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,754 battles

I figure in the degree of difficulty to obtain. I would lean towards which ever is the hardest to get.

• Cool 1

[ENB]
Members
21 posts
2,505 battles
28 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Sieg has longer range secondaries, but Agir has more of them. And after 4 battles with my new Sieg (two with my GK captain a secondary setup - but no manual secondaries...) and 2 with my Hindy capt (all damage control,) I am VERY underwhelmed by the Sieg's secondaries. Oh they shoot at stuff, but the most hits I've gotten was 9. Maybe it was just how much the teams were really staying at range - but I didn't land a single hit on any DDs, even ones who were relatively parked. I'm not sure what's up, if it was just bad luck or what, but really a lot of nothing so far. Maybe, the secondaries might be similar to Odin's in that they're not really good vs anything but brawling BBs. Time will tell.

It is an interesting twist to the Alaska, which is a ship I love btw and endorse it fully.

I would really appreciate if you could keep us informed about your next games (and capt skills used), to see if it was simply bad luck or not...

[WOLFA]
Members
290 posts
20,385 battles

Siegfried with AFT and manual control. 166 shots, 15 hits. For me Ägir its a VERY good ship. If you dont want regrind, pick it, the guns are very good too.

shot-20.06.10_18.29.50-0433.jpg

shot-20.06.10_18.34.38-0991.jpg

shot-20.06.10_18.34.48-0924.jpg

Edited by Mala_suerte71

[WOLF8]
Members
7,352 posts
6,244 battles
40 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Is Siegfried the one with the better secondaries?

Apparently so. The nerf that Agir received was on her Secondaries. Sieggy still maintained her long range (so to speak) Secondaries. 

30 minutes ago, TheArc said:

So even Sieggy isn't good for Secondary brawling, even with her long range Secondaries? That's a shame. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,075 posts
36,093 battles

image.thumb.png.38f239cc3f6bd6fc49c18346c8a539d9.png

Which is better? Siegfried... all the tools plus better armor. The dispersion is god-tier. My first game in her...

Edited by Taichunger

[WOLFA]
Members
290 posts
20,385 battles

Ägir its good too. 95k, 100k, 98k, 107k, 131k, all good games, both are solid ships.

shot-20.06.10_18.52.27-0688.jpg

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,640 posts
11,411 battles
4 hours ago, lbfreitasBR said:

I would really appreciate if you could keep us informed about your next games (and capt skills used), to see if it was simply bad luck or not...

Will do.

4 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

So even Sieggy isn't good for Secondary brawling, even with her long range Secondaries? That's a shame. 

Well, it was only 4 battles... I might try adding manuel secondaries to see tomorrow.

[INTEL]
Members
1,775 posts
15,732 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Which is better? Siegfried... all the tools plus better armor. The dispersion is god-tier. My first game in her...

As I recall you had help posting that score.....

1399508969_1stAgir.thumb.JPG.089d60cd862bc296457c263c92ed1322.JPG

Agir def no slouch and her guns hit where you aim.

[INTEL]
Members
13,075 posts
36,093 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

As I recall you had help posting that score.....

1399508969_1stAgir.thumb.JPG.089d60cd862bc296457c263c92ed1322.JPG

Agir def no slouch and her guns hit where you aim.

yep, that was a fun match, excellent comeback led by the three of us and that Sinop, once all the morons had been killed. 

• Haha 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,775 posts
15,732 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

yep, that was a fun match, excellent comeback led by the three of us and that Sinop, once all the morons had been killed. 

Ah yes.. the Sinop: "I hate fighting tier 9's.. Finishes 2nd in xp, 3 kills, dread and fireproof

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
555 posts
20,417 battles
5 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Apparently so. The nerf that Agir received was on her Secondaries. Sieggy still maintained her long range (so to speak) Secondaries. 

Siegfried might have longer range secondary guns but they shoot all over the place. Agir has Graf Zeppelin guns and are much more accurate.

• Thanks 1

0 posts

topic is very interesting to me (going to pick up one soon), but as far as I can judge about (in words of Flamu) "bread and butter" - main guns, - it's simple choice - reload (Agir) vs accuracy (Sieg)

Spoiler

image.png.1740896e4ff0ce5c2db48f32a889a571.png

Spoiler

image.png.06c2bd32150edad6f7b4323b21566989.png

So for me it's Sieg no question asked

(Oh hear me, RNGesus, deliver me from the sin of secondaries temptation)

of course big point is different DPM because of different number of guns as well

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2
  • Cool 1

Members
292 posts
11 battles
4 hours ago, Corsair_I said:

Siegfried might have longer range secondary guns but they shoot all over the place. Agir has Graf Zeppelin guns and are much more accurate.

Both ships have normal secondary dispersion. 

Ägir used to have the GZ dispersion, but got nerfed. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,106 posts
23,865 battles
10 hours ago, Taichunger said:

That's good to see because when Siegfried first came out with WiP vids long ago, people thought I was crazy for saying she'd be good to go.  You can't go wrong with BB guns that shoot accurately.

People said, "Bismarck guns is no gud" and I disagreed.  She was more accurate than the original Bismarck-class platform that people were used to.

The shells were never the problem, it was the innate wonkiness of the German BBs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,075 posts
36,093 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's good to see because when Siegfried first came out with WiP vids long ago, people thought I was crazy for saying she'd be good to go.  You can't go wrong with BB guns that shoot accurately.

People said, "Bismarck guns is no gud" and I disagreed.  She was more accurate than the original Bismarck-class platform that people were used to.

The shells were never the problem, it was the innate wonkiness of the German BBs.

I was pleasantly shocked to ripple a salvo of six shells and have five hit at 18 or 19 km. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,106 posts
23,865 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I was pleasantly shocked to ripple a salvo of six shells and have five hit at 18 or 19 km. 

I'd say the guy getting hit at that range by that many shells from German BB guns was more surprised :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[FORM]
Members
1,640 posts
11,411 battles
16 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

16 hours ago, lbfreitasBR said:

Just an update, the Sieg secondaries are better than I feared at first. Looking over my old replays it seems that it has the issue as all other secondary ships - the newer DDs (because of their speed and being at range,) are just completely impossible to hit. The secondaries work quite well vs cruisers and BBs. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,740 posts

I was looking at the Roon last night as a comparison tier 9 German cruiser, and its secondaries have a base range of 5.0km. 

So while it's disappointing that Agir lost secondary range, especially while mounting the 128mm... it's not like Agir's secondaries are out of line with cruisers in general.