Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

How do you like the new T10 Sashimi?

24 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,005 battles

Do you guys like the new T10 IJN BB with 510mm guns from the Armory?  Yamato big brother Sashimi or whatever that cost 32k steels

Edited by Xcalib3r

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,177 battles

I haven't seen one yet.  And I am not sure that the players who have that much steel want to spend it on that ship yet. The Yammy still seems better. 

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,005 battles

I have 36K steels and tempted to buy the Sashimi, with 25% ship coupon it would end up costing 24K, this thing doesn't seem to be getting much love on youtube, the other steel ship i don't yet have is the Somers, still debating between the two.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Sashimi is nice but lacks flavor. I much prefer Ceviche, the latin flavors on a hot day with a Mojito sitting by the lake listening to some Skynyrd  yaaaaaa sign me up

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
640 posts
18,777 battles

I was in a game with the Shikashima today.  Unfortunately, I pulled a potato game out of my hat and was gone pretty quickly.  Also was in a game with an Odin, and several matches with the Aegir.

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,686 battles

Get Shikishima only if you are a collector of stuff like that, it's worse than the Yamato. 

Source - I collect tier 10s and have one, my one game thus far seems to back up what the CCs thought that it's not great. 

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles

its literally a worse yamato, i see no reason to buy it i have 40k steel and all other steel ships but im not wasting steel on shikishima. 

Members
4,332 posts
11,177 battles

Oh did someone say Sashimi? Why would someone want a raw ship? At least cook it first before sending it out to the ports. 

177B7AC0-B536-40A5-9456-6DDF21E791C4.jpeg

• Funny 1

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,850 battles

I would highly recommend NOT getting Shikishima unless you already own Stalingrad and Bourgogne. I have not gotten her yet myself, but one of my buddies did and he more or less confirmed my assumptions about Shikishima. All shikishima is a Yamato with 6 510mm guns which gives you higher alpha. However, you lose 3 guns, and you don't get a higher sigma value "or more importantly a better dispersion ellipse to make up for it."  The only improvement over Yamato as far as I can tell is Shikishima has better AA. Also, the only instance where that gun caliber is going to mean anything in this game is when you are hitting citadels because you aren't going to overmatch anything more than what Yamato already does. Flamu has a video on youtube going into great detail as to why Shikishima is pretty unimpressive and I would advise anyone thinking about getting this ship to watch it first. I really think you're getting far better return on investment with your steel picking up Stalingrad and Bourgogne if you don't have them already. Stalingrad is a beast in competitive modes and I think Bourgogne is extremely fun and rewarding to take into random battles. At the end of the day, to each his own, but IMHO the only reasons to get Shikishima right now would be

A- you already have Stalingrad and Bourgogne and would rather get Shikishima than Somers

B- you want to be able to brag about having the largest guns in the game

C- you're a BB main like me and have trouble sleeping at night knowing you currently don't own every single T10 BB in the game 

you have to make you're own decisions at the end of the day but that's just my 2 cents. 

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles

its a Yamato hull with 6 20" guns that dont cover any meaningful overmatch levels that Yamato and Musashi dont already and it has better AA, other than that, not much is different

[LWA]
Members
1,124 posts
8 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

I have 36K steels and tempted to buy the Sashimi, with 25% ship coupon it would end up costing 24K, this thing doesn't seem to be getting much love on youtube, the other steel ship i don't yet have is the Somers, still debating between the two.

Ahh Summers.....I mean Somers is worth it.

summer.jpg

Edited by db4100
fat fingers
  • Confused 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

The only reason you should get Shikashima (or the better name, Yashima) is if you are collecting ships.  The Yamato is way better in basically every circumstance.  Sure, the guns are wickedly stronger, but you get less of them and worse dispersion.  I would get this last of all the steel ships.  Imo, it wasn't tuned properly in testing

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
5 hours ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Yamato with 6 510mm guns which gives you higher alpha.

Not true. You have higher damage per shell but lower alpha per salvo(and lower DPM to boot). All you really get are better secondaries(but the same allergic to brawling hull) and better penetration which is only an advantage at extreme ranges. Better AA too I guess, if you want to spend steel for that. Did I mention Yamato not only puts more shells downrange but is more accurate too? 

[SIM]
Members
4,916 posts
7,991 battles

WG goofed up and put the novelty ship into the game for the competitive currency. Shikishima should have been a Free XP ship, full stop. 

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
13 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

Do you guys like the new T10 IJN BB with 510mm guns from the Armory?  Yamato big brother Sashimi or whatever that cost 32k steels

I like her enough to consider getting her over Stalingrad which I have no intention of getting.

~Hunter

Members
542 posts
22 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

WG goofed up and put the novelty ship into the game for the competitive currency. Shikishima should have been a Free XP ship, full stop. 

I'm shocked it wasnt Ziggy for steel and shikishima for RB's.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
8 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

I think you would see even less of them if it was RB. They probably should have made it coal.

[SIM]
Members
4,916 posts
7,991 battles
46 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Colbert and Ohio are both very desirable ships. Siefried at least has the advantage of being the first tier IX RB ship, along with some of the most accurate guns in the game. I don't believe that Shikashima could have competed with them.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,444 posts
7,679 battles

I'm not certain what people expected. Realistically these 20" guns the Japanese wanted on the follow-on class to the Yamatos would have been a dubious investment. Only six barrels versus nine for the 18"  and they'd have a slower rate of fire. The increased range over the 18" would be of little value against naval targets as engagement ranges well over 40,000 yards aren't very practical in reality.

Should have been a coal ship though.

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,850 battles
13 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

Not true. You have higher damage per shell but lower alpha per salvo(and lower DPM to boot). All you really get are better secondaries(but the same allergic to brawling hull) and better penetration which is only an advantage at extreme ranges. Better AA too I guess, if you want to spend steel for that. Did I mention Yamato not only puts more shells downrange but is more accurate too? 

right, I didn't elaborate enough there I guess. I meant that each AP shell from each individual gun does more alpha vs Yamato's 460mm shells, but yes, you do lose alot of potential damage per salvo due to low number of guns. Yet another reason I don't recommend her as anyone's first steel ship.

Edited by admiralsexybeast

[OO7]
Beta Testers
470 posts
11,016 battles

Ship is complete trash.. nothing but over pens even at long distance. Also the penetration for no damage is so evident in this ship it's unreal. Waste of steel. 

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

I got mine for the novelty factor so I'm not particularly invested in her performance.  That being said:

1.  She's horrible at standoff engagements.  Less guns not only lower your effective accuracy, but also makes is really easy for cruisers to actively dodge.
2.  She's horrible at close range.  Nothing is more sad than seeing all 4 of your shells straddle.
3.  Medium range is good.  You can get pens on fairly angled belts and anybody who gets too close gets perma fires from your secondaries.
4.  It's really hard to play medium range with a Yamato hull.

That basically sums her up.  The reduced number of guns is a real killer.

On the other hand her guns sound amazing, her secondaries will eat anything alive, and her AA is some of the best for a BB.  

[R-R-R]
Members
1,062 posts
10,358 battles

I am considering spending my steel on this thing.

On paper, she seems to be very similar to Yamato with a slightly different flavor. She basically trades number of guns for better shell speed, accuracy and reload. 

I think Yamato will probably be overall the better ship, which finds a decent balance between alpha strike and consistent damage output. Shikshima will probably have better damage over time but lacks in devastating strike potential

Sign in to follow this