You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_first_harbinger

Ägir and Siegfried hype officially strangled by WG

27 comments in this topic

Members
3,679 posts
8,104 battles

Ägir is locked behind free xp wall while Siegfried in up in the [edited] research bureau. Both quietly slipped into the game without even much announcement. Good job WG, my day is ruined. All of my hype for actually good german ships have been slowly washed away just for you to smash it altogether. 

If spreadsheet is all you care about, then look at how many of your players are actually able or willing to fork over enough free xp to skip 2 lines, or erase their progress and their favorite ships in a tech tree. Why are you doing this to us? Why are you willing to hand over broken ships like smolensk for coal, while you are so timid about giving the german naval fans any measure of enjoyment? Siegfried, while interesting, is by no means as powerful as the Alaska, while Agir is not even good, it was never good, even before WG felt compelled to nerf its secondaries according to their SpReAdShEeTs.

For years I have ceaselessly advertised world of warships to my friends, for them to join us in this wonderful community and enjoy this game. I had a lot of faith in this game, but perhaps my faith is misplaced.

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 6

Members
3,679 posts
8,104 battles
Just now, DolphinPrincess said:

Want a good German premium? 

Buy the Mainz and make Kutuzov look garbage in comparison.

I do have both, and I won't deny that Mainz is indeed a fantastic premium. But I think you might be missing the point.

What I don't get is why WG is so stringent with giving Agir and Siegfried to the wider playerbase. They should know how hyped we are for Agir and Siegfried, despite their very very very apparent shortcomings.

Combined with the completely unjustified Odin nerfs, and outright refusing to buff underpowered german BBs in dev Q&A, I am seriously wondering if WG is intentionally slapping german ship players that aren't willing to spam HE for shitz and giggles.

[KWF]
Members
4,359 posts
6,405 battles

Personally I believe it's a just a move to push people to consider getting the next possible alternative, Odin. Should appear far more attainable compared to Siegfried and Agir now to the average player.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
19,968 posts
14,258 battles
Just now, The_first_harbinger said:

What I don't get is why WG is so stringent with giving Agir and Siegfried to the wider playerbase.

How did YOU want them given out? For example, Agir is a T9 large cruiser; you know what that means in terms of costs on the basis of past experience. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,727 posts
21,446 battles

My guess is they delivered them this way because  of the hype and hope that dubs are bought to buy that needed free xp.

[ANZ4C]
Members
111 posts
6,825 battles
9 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Ägir is locked behind free xp wall while Siegfried in up in the [edited] research bureau. Both quietly slipped into the game without even much announcement. Good job WG, my day is ruined. All of my hype for actually good german ships have been slowly washed away just for you to smash it altogether. 

If spreadsheet is all you care about, then look at how many of your players are actually able or willing to fork over enough free xp to skip 2 lines, or erase their progress and their favorite ships in a tech tree. Why are you doing this to us? Why are you willing to hand over broken ships like smolensk for coal, while you are so timid about giving the german naval fans any measure of enjoyment? Siegfried, while interesting, is by no means as powerful as the Alaska, while Agir is not even good, it was never good, even before WG felt compelled to nerf its secondaries according to their SpReAdShEeTs.

For years I have ceaselessly advertised world of warships to my friends, for them to join us in this wonderful community and enjoy this game. I had a lot of faith in this game, but perhaps my faith is misplaced.

.......... you're kidding, right?

Agir is available for fXP, just like Alaska and Azuma.

Siegfried, yeah, RB is kinda crap, fair enough.

Stop being so damn entitled.

It'll take, at most, a few months to geind out 1,000,000 fXP, if you don't already have it, which a lot of us do.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,359 posts
6,405 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How did YOU want them given out? For example, Agir is a T9 large cruiser; you know what that means in terms of costs on the basis of past experience. 

Personal, on the record opinion? As part of a tech tree line starting at tier VIII with large cruisers. 

Ship gimmicks/types shouldn't be monopolized or locked behind premium status.

But anyway, that's just wishful thinking...

Edited by warheart1992

Members
3,679 posts
8,104 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yoshino, Thunderer, Smolensk, Salem are all handed out for coal. While of course WG wouldn't be so generous as to hand them both out for coal, at least they could put them up for steel. Free Xp and research bureau are just so far out of reach for casual players like me and pretty much my entire friend circle that plays world of warships.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TF-62]
Members
83 posts
5,452 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I was hoping, and I think most were, that Siegfried would be coal. ~230k would be a nice treat

Members
3,679 posts
8,104 battles
Just now, GetSchwifty01 said:

.......... you're kidding, right?

Agir is available for fXP, just like Alaska and Azuma.

Siegfried, yeah, RB is kinda crap, fair enough.

Stop being so damn entitled.

It'll take, at most, a few months to geind out 1,000,000 fXP, if you don't already have it, which a lot of us do.

I am not assuming entitlement beyond what I deserve. I played for almost 8000 battles, actively participated in clan battles and ranked, and have been playing since OBT, averaging at least 6 games per day. That is certainly more time and experience than most players on the NA server have. But still, I don't remotely have the luxury of having millions of Free XP sitting around, or can afford to reset powerful techtrees and expect to have them back by the next clan wars season. 

I am just stating how completely absurd the comparison is. Far more powerful ships like Thunderer, Georgia, Yoshino, and most notoriously, Smolensk have been handed out with much lower bar of entrance. I think WG is having issues with their attitude with German ships, and what they wanted to fill up the match queue with.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,542 posts
8,473 battles

Has there ever been a tier IX fat cruiser for anything other than FXP?

[ANZ4C]
Members
111 posts
6,825 battles
6 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

I am not assuming entitlement beyond what I deserve. I played for almost 8000 battles, actively participated in clan battles and ranked, and have been playing since OBT, averaging at least 6 games per day. That is certainly more time and experience than most players on the NA server have. But still, I don't remotely have the luxury of having millions of Free XP sitting around, or can afford to reset powerful techtrees and expect to have them back by the next clan wars season. 

I am just stating how completely absurd the comparison is. Far more powerful ships like Thunderer, Georgia, Yoshino, and most notoriously, Smolensk have been handed out with much lower bar of entrance. I think WG is having issues with their attitude with German ships, and what they wanted to fill up the match queue with.

You deserve nothing. This isn't a charity. WG doesn't owe you a damn thing for playing their game. They are providing a service for you(us) to use.

I also wouldn't assume that the majority of NA doesn't have 1mil fXP sitting in their accounts, it isn't a hard number to achieve. It takes far longer to accumulate 240,000ish coal than it does to earn 1,000,000 fXP.

If memory serves, Alaska also cost 1,000,000. Plenty of them around.

I (kinda) agree about the Siegfried, i was looking forward to it, and i won't be able to get it for ages, cause i want the Ohio. But Agir is very easily achieved.

Edited by GetSchwifty01
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,976 posts
14,204 battles

Perhaps the Russians are still mad about that war they had ummm like 70 years ago... the Russians have long memories....

Members
6,854 posts
15,276 battles
41 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

I do have both, and I won't deny that Mainz is indeed a fantastic premium. But I think you might be missing the point.

What I don't get is why WG is so stringent with giving Agir and Siegfried to the wider playerbase. They should know how hyped we are for Agir and Siegfried, despite their very very very apparent shortcomings.

Combined with the completely unjustified Odin nerfs, and outright refusing to buff underpowered german BBs in dev Q&A, I am seriously wondering if WG is intentionally slapping german ship players that aren't willing to spam HE for shitz and giggles.

Wait, German battleships weren't buffed a couple patches ago? Wow, that's awful. 

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
761 posts
6,203 battles

1 million free xp is as free and accessible as you can get for prem ships. No actual money needed, and free xp is the easiest to grind resource. 

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
491 posts
4,988 battles
43 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

they are selling the Agir so you could buy it. 

Right? So how else would you care to get it?

[PVE]
Members
6,117 posts
22,432 battles
55 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Yoshino, Thunderer, Smolensk, Salem are all handed out for coal. While of course WG wouldn't be so generous as to hand them both out for coal, at least they could put them up for steel. Free Xp and research bureau are just so far out of reach for casual players like me and pretty much my entire friend circle that plays world of warships.

You lost me w/steel being easier to obtain than FXP.

Just out of curiosity which signals/camos do you mount to increase your steel gains because there are massive amounts of FXP boosters out there that don't require any competitive mode playing (which is all locked behind certain limited times only as opposed to being able to farm FXP anytime) to earn.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles

both of these new ships are rubbish dont even waste time getting them just get an alaska.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles

I actually think Agir is one of the more accessible ships in the game. Most other Premium ships are generally sold in the Premium shop only at their release... but Tier IX Premium ships like Agir are available for either the FXP or the real $$$ at the Premium shop. You can't get anymore accessible than that, IMO... relatively speaking, of course. Sure, there's that issue of the high price... but then again, let's be honest, pretty much everything in this game us overpriced, and not just Tier IX Premium ships like Agir. Smh. :Smile_sceptic:

Siegfried being locked behind RB gate is indeed appalling though. Can't argue with that. But WeeGee does what WeeGee does... and everything is working as intended, and fun and engaging too, komrades, lol. (/s:Smile_trollface::Smile_smile:

Then there's Odin: if you can do most of the dockyard grind, then sure, the potential discount looks very accessible and tempting. However, if you can't, for whatever reason, then the alternate cost of 29,000 doubloons is nothing but an overinflated price gouging, even with all the other extra goodies, especially if you already have Graf Spee. Smh. :Smile_sceptic:

Just my 2 cents.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,968 posts
14,258 battles
1 hour ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Free Xp and research bureau are just so far out of reach for casual players like me

Free XP out of reach? Compared to RB, it is easily obtained. I made 2 million in 16 months playing mostly co-op with a dreadful Randoms record, and that's around my family life.

FXP can be earned in game. It takes a while but it can be done. What a lot of people who are whining about this lack is PATIENCE (and the discipline not to spend it on everything in sight).

[SIM]
Members
4,916 posts
7,991 battles

Complaining about “spreadsheets” is the hot new 2020 trend that has already worn out its welcome. 

[PVE]
Members
6,117 posts
22,432 battles
41 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Complaining about “spreadsheets” is the hot new 2020 trend that has already worn out its welcome. 

Thought it was pretty worn out when 8.0 dropped.