Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Nautilus

Which ship has the absolute longest possible range???

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,752
[KWF]
Members
4,370 posts
6,405 battles

Looks like a tie between Yamato and Shikishima (26,63km base range on both.)

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,346
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,985 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

You have 2 (now 3) answers. Its Yamato. Base is 26.63km, with a spotter plane up its 32km, and with the range mod (if you are going full range), it would be even further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,042
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,033 posts
10,089 battles
14 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

Which ship has the absolute longest possible range (how far can the shells go)?

Aircraft carriers.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
495 posts
11,292 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Aircraft carriers.

Well technically CV shells don't go all that far, but I can see WG making a KM T10 premium CV with 20km secondary range.

:cap_wander:

 

Edit autocorrect

Edited by contag10n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

If you wanted to ping one person and ignore everyone else, there are dms for that.  Or do the quick research yourself on wowsft.com. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
187 posts
256 battles
15 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

You have 2 (now 3) answers. Its Yamato. Base is 26.63km, with a spotter plane up its 32km, and with the range mod (if you are going full range), it would be even further.

 

5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

If you wanted to ping one person and ignore everyone else, there are dms for that.  Or do the quick research yourself on wowsft.com. 

I just wanted multiple opinions, that's all.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
187 posts
256 battles

So if the answer is Yamato and Shikishima at 26.63km base range, and islands which is the smallest is Islands at 24kmx24km, then in the middle of the map the Yamato and Shikishima can hit almost anything...pretty cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,791
[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

Do you know how much/long?

26.5km base range...

Add %20 to the range  with spotter plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,346
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,985 battles
6 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

Do you know how much/long?

The wiki says 26.5... so essentially the same as Yammy/Shiki.

 

16 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

So if the answer is Yamato and Shikishima at 26.63km base range, and islands which is the smallest is Islands at 24kmx24km, then in the middle of the map the Yamato and Shikishima can hit almost anything...pretty cool!

The whole map is 24km wide. Yammy can reach 30-something in any direction, so yeah, she can completely cover some maps if she is at/near the middle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
187 posts
256 battles
4 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

The wiki says 26.5... so essentially the same as Yammy/Shiki.

 

The whole map is 24km wide. Yammy can reach 30-something in any direction, so yeah, she can completely cover some maps if she is at/near the middle

That would be a fun game mode, one person in the big ship in the middle of the map, and everyone else in paper ships racing around. Last one standing wins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[B_Y_F]
Members
524 posts
13,306 battles

Yammy don't even need to be at middle of the map, 26km plus range mod plus spotter plane means you literally cover the whole map even in the very corner of the map. 

 

I remembered yuro use that range to snip CV just few weeks ago. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[--O--]
Members
931 posts
2 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

That would be a fun game mode, one person in the big ship in the middle of the map, and everyone else in paper ships racing around. Last one standing wins!

Yammy would lose in a hurry a smolensk would see her and go OH LOOK FIREWOOD.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,673
[PVE]
Members
6,148 posts
22,432 battles
2 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

Yammy...cover the whole map even in the very corner of the map. 

^^^Yeah...this.

1 hour ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

Which ship has the absolute longest possible range (how far can the shells go)?

Don't think there's any 24x24 maps at T10 though...maybe in ranked but dout that too at the T10 level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
187 posts
256 battles
7 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Yammy would lose in a hurry a smolensk would see her and go OH LOOK FIREWOOD.

I meant like everyone else is in a slow paper tier 1 ship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,791
[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
11 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Yammy would lose in a hurry a smolensk would see her and go OH LOOK FIREWOOD.

 

Not really, this is misinformation...

The yammi's guns are very inaccurate compared to the other BBs in her tier (except the gorber)... It only take 6 hits to sink a Smolensk...

The OP or disproportionate part of high tier games for a Yammi is actually the HE spamming DDs.

  • Friesland
  • Harugumo etc.

While you can sink a Smolensk in 6 shots, a DD on the other hand... Not going to sink it with the Yamato's guns turning slower then Canadian Molasses.

Fire has changed the rules of engagement for the Yammie.. Her guns at long range are so inaccurate compared to the other BBs in her tier...

If you manage to get yourself in a focus fire situation, its port for the Yammi. 

I dont like the evolution of high tier gaming to its current rules of engagement, but it is what it is...

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
58 posts
1,537 battles
27 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

That would be a fun game mode, one person in the big ship in the middle of the map, and everyone else in paper ships racing around. Last one standing wins!

Taffy 3 mode...

Sounds fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,512 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not really, this is misinformation...

The yammi's guns are very inaccurate compared to the other BBs in her tier (except the gorber)... It only take 6 hits to sink a Smolensk...

The OP or disproportionate part of high tier games for a Yammi is actually the HE spamming DDs.

  • Friesland
  • Harugumo etc.

While you can sink a Smolensk in 6 shots, a DD on the other hand... Not going to sink it with the Yamato's guns turning slower then Canadian Molasses.

Fire has changed the rules of engagement for the Yammie.. Her guns at long range are so inaccurate compared to the other BBs in her tier...

If you manage to get yourself in a focus fire situation, its port for the Yammi. 

I dont like the evolution of high tier gaming to its current rules of engagement, but it is what it is...

 

44ovs5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,192
[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

That one random torpedo that goes on forever until the end of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×