Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Baritone4

Odin and Steel: Who is the starter pack for

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
165 posts
6,167 battles

TL;DR:

• Get the starter pack if you want to maximize steel or if you anticipate buying 5 phases or more.
  • The maximum amount of steel you can earn = 250 x (#purchased phases - 2)
  • The maximum amount of phases you can buy is 20 - (#phases completed through missions) 

When the Odin DY was first announced there was a universal strategy: play, play, play then decide at the end of the event if the remaining phases are worth paying for at $7 each, minimum $14 (all figures are full price doubloon equivalent). But since they introduced a starter pack, available for $32 only before you complete phase 1, as well as 250 steel for earning each construction phases after building Odin, some players will need to make a decision on week one of the event. Below is a non-exhaustive table of some player categories and the optimal strategy for each. I hope you find it helpful.

You think you will grind and you want then the best strategy is to Total dollar cost
All 18 phases Odin + 4500 Steel

Buy the starter pack*, then buy 12 phases, then grind 18 phases from missions and directives

$116
All 18 phases Odin + 1500 Steel Buy the starter pack*, then  grind 18 phases from missions and directives $32
16 to 18 phases or more Odin only Grind as much phases as you can then buy remaining phases $14 - $28
Fewer than 16 phases Odin only Buy the starter pack* then grind as many phases as you can, then buy the remaining phases**

$32 + $7 per extra phase***

*If you complete phase 1 before buying the starter pack, add $24
**If you earn more than 12 phases you get a 250 steel bonus per extra phase
***Maximum cost is $116 w/ starter pack and $140 w/o

Edited by Baritone4
Extra info
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 4

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,346 battles

Very nice list of options +1

Members
790 posts
5,373 battles

I bought it outright so I can get the 4500 steel. I'm sitting on 17100 steel and that gets me over the hill for the Stalingrad (with coupon). That's a lot of steel for a non-clan wars player and I've been building it up for quite a while. Cant wait to get her. I've been very patient. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
165 posts
6,167 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Very nice list of options +1

4 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Thank you very much for making this simple for us.

Sure thing!

[LOU1]
Members
4,121 posts
11,717 battles

I almost made the mistake of thinking I had until the first Directive is completed.  The Starter Pack has to be purchased before the FIRST PHASE is completed.

ulzkWY8.png

Sign in to follow this