You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

VERY expensive lesson learned.**UPDATE**

133 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

I saw a Flamu video about the Agir.  It was amazing..  Granted it was a WIP video so I took it for what it was.  I couldn't wait to get this ship.  you may have seen my thread yesterday asking if she had been finalized. well some people posted a few release version videos and since I didn't hear anything about major nerfs to it ( especially its great secondaries that make up for it's weak mains )  I JUMPED on it this morning!  

Mistake!

I usually wait for @LittleWhiteMouse to do a full review before investing in a ship.  I didn't this time.

Mistake #2

SO this morning I dumped 1M FXP and got the ship. As usual I go out looking for build suggestions and what do I find?  A Follow up Vid by Flamu.

Guess what?  The MAIN reason I got the ship that perfectly matches my play style got HOSED!  Secondaries reload trashed.  Even with that commander that costs more coal that most ships won't help it now. He's played many game in it and cannot for the life of him repeat its success or even enjoy it now. In his words it NOW isn't even as good as the Alaska THAT I ALREADY HAVE.  

SO here she sits.  I haven't even outfitted her or assigned a commander and I already have serious regrets.  

1M FXP down the drain.

I wish I had seen that video yesterday.:cap_fainting:

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 9
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I saw a Flamu video about the Agir.  It was amazing..  Granted it was a WIP video so I took it for what it was.  I couldn't wait to get this ship.  you may have seen my thread yesterday asking if she had been finalized. well some people posted a few release version videos and since I didn't hear anything about major nerfs to it ( especially its great secondaries that make up for it's weak mains )  I JUMPED on it this morning!  

Mistake!

I usually wait for @LittleWhiteMouse to do a full review before investing in a ship.  I didn't this time.

Mistake #2

SO this morning I dumped 1M FXP and got the ship. As usual I go out looking for build suggestions and what do I find?  A Follow up Vid by Flamu.

Guess what?  The MAIN reason I got the ship that perfectly matches my play style got HOSED!  Secondaries reload trashed.  Even with that commander that costs more coal that most ships won't help it now. He's played many game in it and cannot for the life of him repeat its success or even enjoy it now. In his words it NOW isn't even as good as the Alaska THAT I ALREADY HAVE.  

SO here she sits.  I haven't even outfitted her or assigned a commander and I already have serious regrets.  

1M FXP down the drain.

I know you can get refunds on gold ships.   Contact support and tell them you purchased it on accident.  Which is true  as the ship wasn't what you thought it was. 

• Cool 4

[KWF]
Members
4,373 posts
6,405 battles

If you haven't played the ship you may be eligible for a refund. Contact support asap, they may be able to help you.

• Cool 3

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

Thank you both.. I will do that right away. I haven't touched it yet. Thanks again.

Col Out.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[SNGNS]
Members
487 posts
6,035 battles

yeah, hope that support can help you and take it as a lesson on always looking at the release stats of ships first (also one reason why i like the change to cc policy, they only can now show you what the actual release version is.)

• Cool 1

[BTH]
Members
319 posts
16,556 battles

The real lesson is that ships are not that good or bad as you see -- the difference is how you use them.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Members
835 posts
5,808 battles
12 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Mistake!

Mistake #2

1M FXP down the drain.

Why do you hang your success and happiness on someone else’s opinion? Yikes.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck
  • Cool 8
  • Meh 3

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Have not changed my mind...was not going to get it before and not going to get it now.

If you have played even 1 battle in it support will not refund.  You are stuck with it.

I am happy with Alaska, will stick with it.

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,745 battles
9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If you haven't played the ship you may be eligible for a refund. Contact support asap, they may be able to help you.

^This. Do so, quickly. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,745 battles
12 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I know you can get refunds on gold ships.   Contact support and tell them you purchased it on accident.  Which is true  as the ship wasn't what you thought it was. 

Truthfully, he should just tell them it was an accident and he misclicked. Don't say anything else. They don't need to know why it was an accident. 

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,126 posts
7,992 battles

Minor tangent....but this was the exact reason why WG decided to change the CCs' NDA...to prevent videos on non-finalized WiP ships from gaining too much attention only to be rendered obsolete by subsequent balance changes.   

• Cool 19
  • Haha 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

Minor tangent....but this was the exact reason why WG decided to change the CCs' NDA...to prevent videos on non-finalized WiP ships from gaining too much attention only to be rendered obsolete by subsequent balance changes.   

KWBrAhN.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,745 battles
6 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I am frustrated with Wargaming for releasing such a glut of ships with little time provided to Community Contributors to get reviews out.  I'm working hard and fast on Siegfried and Agir but it will be a few days yet.

Take your time, we appreciate the work you do.  :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
121 posts

Yes conceal the practice behind a NDA good show WGing. Alternative would be... don't let the ship out for any reason until it's done... not even to CCs.

Then when a CC does a video they are formulating their opinion on what the ship will actually be working like in the game.

Otherwise WGing is using the CCs in a shell game.

Edited by KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[KWF]
Members
4,373 posts
6,405 battles
3 minutes ago, yashma said:

I always considered this to be an issue, as well as the propensity of most CCs to post their best battles when it comes to Youtube videos.

We are talking about superunicum players in some of their best battles, this isn't representative of the reality of the matter.

I would argue that watching Twitch streams and series of battles ends up being more informative after all if you have the time needed.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts
10 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I am frustrated with Wargaming for releasing such a glut of ships with little time provided to Community Contributors to get reviews out.  I'm working hard and fast on Siegfried and Agir but it will be a few days yet.

We appreciate you LWM.  I was just in too much of a hurry and I know that you are swamped right now.  This is what I get for jumping too soon.

I never played it and hadn't even equipped it with anything yet so maybe they will refund it.

5 minutes ago, yashma said:

Pretty clear now.

• Boring 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

Classic bait and switch. Been going on for hundreds of years.
Get the hype train going, then nerf everything 1 day before release.
I just hit 1M FXP, but like always, was gonna wait for several FINAL reviews to come in.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
3,076 posts
15,941 battles

Just hoarding my FXP until they release a ship worth spending it on. Pushing towards 3M

• Haha 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
Just now, Col_Nasty said:

We appreciate you LWM.  I was just in too much of a hurry and I know that you are swamped right now.  This is what I get for jumping too soon.

I never played it and hadn't even equipped it with anything yet so maybe they will refund it.

Pretty clear now.

Thank you.  It's nice to be appreciated, but this is the specific reason I spend so much time on my reviews.  I'm frustrated that I'm no longer able to keep up with Wargaming's release schedule to ensure I have the information out there on day one. 

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 1

[SNGNS]
Members
487 posts
6,035 battles
12 minutes ago, KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER said:

Yes conceal the practice behind a NDA good show WGing. Alternative would be... don't let the ship out for any reason until it's done... not even to CCs.

The when a CC does a video they are formulating their opinion on what the ship will actually be working like in the game.

Otherwise WGing is using the CCs in a shell game.

ehh, ccs are good players (most of them at least) and have quite a bit of experience with all sorts of ships, so i have no problem with them testing ships and giving feedback to wg, but i also find the decision right to only let ccs make videos of finished ships, now if they only gave the ccs some more time @Hapa_Fodder "wink wink, nudge nudge" to review the ships, that be great.

[SNGNS]
Members
487 posts
6,035 battles
12 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Classic bait and switch. Been going on for hundreds of years.
Get the hype train going, then nerf everything 1 day before release.
I just hit 1M FXP, but like always, was gonna wait for several FINAL reviews to come in.

not from wgs side, not any more. they literally changed their nda for ccs for that.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
507 posts
16,723 battles

I think the release of Siegfried and Agir came as a bit of a surprise. I'll probably get Agir either way considering I've gotten all the super cruisers and nothing beats a T9 premium for credit grinding potential and captain training.

I'm curious if Siegfried is basically Bismark guns at T9 with better dispersion.

[TF-64]
Members
540 posts
19,083 battles

If you are stuck with it, don't give up on it. Some ships click right away. For me the Kids, Atlanta and Flint are all still solid even with CV and IFHE changes. Some ships take time. I got the Smaland and first several battles I hated it. Now I'm starting to have some solid games and finding it enjoyable.evn in losses. Not saying the Agir is good or anything, just saying if you are stuck with her, give it a chance and see if she can be at least a small bit enjoyable to play. 

• Cool 2