Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spyde

New Port Request

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4,558 posts

Since the game runs its worse.. while setting in port doing nothing for some odd reason....(Takes more CPU/Memory to set in port than it does in a match)

Could we get a new port that only shows a image/artwork/screenshot of the ship you have selected as a background.. Allow the game to run at min usage while in port... Give us an option to get rid of the port graphics.  I'm assuming this could improve menu response times also.

This can't be that hard to do ?  

• Boring 1

Members
197 posts
1,338 battles

I know it won't happen given the time and resources required, but I'd love to see Halifax, Nova Scotia (specifically the Bedford Basin) in-game as a selectable port. It was a MAJOR staging base for trans-Atlantic convoys during the war, it's still the Atlantic headquarters of the Canadian Navy, and to top it off anyone with a Haida could park her in home waters.

[SALVO]
Members
2,008 posts
6,198 battles
14 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Since the game runs its worse.. while setting in port doing nothing for some odd reason....(Takes more CPU/Memory to set in port than it does in a match)

Could we get a new port that only shows a image/artwork/screenshot of the ship you have selected as a background.. Allow the game to run at min usage while in port... Give us an option to get rid of the port graphics.  I'm assuming this could improve menu response times also.

First you are not alone in this. There have been topics on this in the past. From what I gathers ,  Its not the port causing the load on the PC. Its the poorly optimized UI as it is loaded through an integrated web browser. 

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
25 minutes ago, Spyde said:

I believe there are some modded ports precisely for this. 

Sign in to follow this