You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Tech Tree and dependence on third party mods to enjoy it.

5 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,193 battles

So, WG we now have a place to see the ships that are for sale for doubloons. Could you please make the tech tree so that it includes all of my premium ships and not just the ones that are for sale for doubloons.

image.thumb.png.04aa155ea9570515f887ee55dffc83ce.png

I have 25 ships that are not showing up on the tech tree, as you can see in this Port screenshot, and that is just the US tech tree.

image.thumb.png.787c46a3bfa6be9cb4e004ae5f83c7a7.png

For some of us the tech tree is where we find the ship we want to use. I have to download a mod from a third party to even see all of my ships on it. My suggestion is that you adopt the extended tech tree into the game now that there is a place for you to sell your doubloon ships in the Armory.

I will post a shot of the extended tech tree when Aslains mods become available, for comparison. It's been 5 years now and I wanted to see all of my ships on the tech tree way back then, it is called the tech tree after all, not the partial tech tree.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,005 posts
28,701 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I will post a shot of the extended tech tree when Aslains mods become available, for comparison. It's been 5 years now and I wanted to see all of my ships on the tech tree way back then, it is called the tech tree after all, not the partial tech tree.

I, too, am waiting for Aslain. Will probably toss him $5 again for his efforts.

It is well outside my detection range as to why the game cannot show all the ships the game has in the ship tree. But, hey, they're working on some sound modifications, so, you know.... priorities.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,193 battles
3 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I, too, am waiting for Aslain. Will probably toss him $5 again for his efforts.

It is well outside my detection range as to why the game cannot show all the ships the game has in the ship tree. But, hey, they're working on some sound modifications, so, you know.... priorities.

YAZOM (Yet Another Zoom Out Mod) is the mod that I really won't play without and it's such a simple mod. I ask for this one to be put into the game every once in a while, so I might as well throw that one in on this thread. It's very simple and very non controversial. All it does is let you zoom out, the behind the ship third person view a little further than the vanilla setting. It helped me to not torp encroaching team mates, simply because it makes me see more area around my ship. I really don't like to play with out it any more, so I always wait until I can mount that mod to even play the game. @Hapa_Fodder  and @Mademoisail How hard would it be to make it so you can zoom out further behind your ship in game? It seems like it would be rather simple.

I made this post because when I went to go find my new Moskva, I naturally went to the tech tree to find it and only saw this.

image.thumb.png.7d4a1a2ca6991197f15ed7dbb3f708d4.png

Members
4,678 posts
45,486 battles

You could just use the carousel and just select the premium tab. It will show all premiums. It is selectable by tier, ship type, RB token, etc.

You can even select a range.

Sorry to hear about the mod stuff, but updates usually mean you are SOL on using the mods until someone updates the mods. And I personally don't want mods for that reason along with the fact that I had a bad experience with one in another game many ages ago. In that instance, the mod was approved by the game, but later discovered it was too intrusive and posed a security risk. Eventually, most security software firms went after the maker. He gets out in 2067.